Castello di Santa Tecla
Property that is infused with history and maintained with utmost care. Its location dominating the valley and views that reach out from Spoleto to Perugia make it a one-of-a-kind historical place.
The Castello di Santa Tecla already existed in the 11th century, as evidenced by a notarial deed of 1075, available in the archive of the Cathedral of San Rufino in Assisi, and was used as the residence of the bailiff (an ancient tax collector). Hence the name of Antica Balia di Poggio Bucaione. It was therefore born for military purposes as a house-fort and it is assumed that it was square in shape, with an internal courtyard. It is known that the castle was destroyed by Oddo Baglioni, lord of Perugia, and was later rebuilt, but only on three sides. In the 1700s it was ruined by an earthquake and was rebuilt only on two sides, assuming its current shape, but still retaining the appearance of a fortress rather than a villa. Certainly, in the past, it was an important reference point since it is reported in an ancient map of Italy currently exhibited in the Vatican Museums.
Obviously it is placed in a dominant position from where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the plain below that reaches from the city of Spoleto all the way to the city of Perugia.