- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Newly built apartment with unique interior and large swimming pool in Piegaro, Italy
- Area Map - Route
click here to view in Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
In Piegaro, on the border with Tuscany and near Lake Trasimeno, this traditional large country house is divided into 4 apartments. The building is beautifully positioned with amazing views towards Tuscany. Two large pools (each 6 x 12 meters), just below the house are overlooking a vineyard. Every apartment shares one pool with only one other apartment.
Mazzo is a lovely apartment for 6 guests. It consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large loft like living/cooking area, a very spacious terrace with lounge corner and a private garden with a lot of space. In fact Mazzo has a real private villa feeling.
The interior of Mazzo is one of a kind and truly different from what you will normally find in an ordinary holiday apartment. The style can be described as 'shabby chique'. Old looking furniture is combined with modern design and industrial lighting. Old wood has an important role in the entire design, as well as colors, which will be found in the fabrics you will see all around the apartment. The kitchen is very well equipped with large Smeg stove and stand alone colored Smeg fridge. Cooking lovers can enjoy themselves a lot!
Mazzo can be ideal as well for a 2 family holiday as the apartment below, Pozza, can be booked at the same time. In this way you will have a private villa with private pool divided in 2 seperate apartments, connected via an external stairs, for in total 12 guests (6 bedrooms).
The building is dominantly positioned halfway an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away where the A1 Motorway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 minutes drive.
This is absolutely something different you won't see anywhere else in Umbria!
Mazzo was built under own management of Special Umbria and was finished in 2012.
- Why this is Special
- The feeling of having your own private villa and at the same time being part of a luxurious small complex, with a maximum of privacy.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season: EUR 2.100 Mid Season: EUR 1.800, Low Season: EUR 1.150
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 150,00
Security deposit: EUR 250,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- All bedrooms have iron wrought and wooden beds, made by local craftsmen. High quality bed linen (Egyptian cotton), colorful blankets (Missoni) and industrial lighting.
- The bedroom on the ground floor is en-suite. On the first floor the two bedrooms share a spacious bathroom. All fittings are latest design. The bathroom areas have a particular design: mirrors in old wood, sink tables in wood combined with modern fittings.
- The loft style kitchen is made in local style, with old wooden doors and marble top. Large Smeg stove, dishwasher and colored Smeg fridge. Special attention has been paid to sufficient working space, to ensure the perfect Italian cooking by yourself.
- The cosy living area has a comfortable large corner sofa and Dutch style GISPEN chairs, recolored yellow carpet and nice industrial lighting. There is an old wooden dining table with modern style chairs (Eames). Particular furniture and decorations. During cold days the wood stove will give a comfortable warmth. There is underfloor heating in the whole house. Wireless internet is included in the rental price.
- Other rooms
- A private washing machine and dryer are available in a separate room in the basement of the building.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the apartment, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- This apartment is accessible for people with mobility problems. The bedroom on the ground floor has an en-suite bathroom.
- Mazzo has a shared pool (6 x 12 meters), only to be shared with apartment Pozza, positioned in the garden of the apartment next to the large vineyard overlooking the whole area towards Tuscany. For every guest there is a sun bed available.
- The house is child friendly. The terrace is closed off with 2 small gates. There are a lot of toys available and a cot and high chair are available against seperate costs. In summer the baker will stop at the house twice a week.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some local shops (a very good butcher, bakery, 2 small grocery shops), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro are 2 local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices). Special Umbria works closely together with a young Italian cook who can come to the apartment to cook for you.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).