- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Modern top design in typical Umbrian villa in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures of Casa Azzurra, click here.
Perched on a hilltop in the green country side of Umbria one will discover this spectacular new built villa, finished in June 2010. The house is fully local stone exposed (8 sleeps) and has a highly modern top design interior. Inside there are 4 separate bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a large living room with open fireplace and separate kitchen. The property enjoys a large private garden of 4500 sqm and has its own swimming pool (10 x 5 meters). In every single spot the views are vast and extremely beautiful, towards towns like Greppolischieto, Panicale, hillsides and of course Lake Trasimeno itself.
The property is absolutely privately and quietly though not remotely located at 2 kilomters distance from the centre of Piegaro, at comfortable distance from a small number of similar quality independent houses and villas.
Casa Azzurra is under Exclusive SpecialUmbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- Top interior design in the middle of Italy's most wanted area. A unique experience!
- What our clients say
"Great property and a very warm welcome by our hosts. See you next year!" - Kars & Marije, Groningen, Holland
"der beste Urlaub seit Jahren. Sehr hochwertige Ausstattung, sehr schön, tolle Aussicht auf das Tal" - Hannelore, Bad Münstereifel, Germany
"Our family of 5, including 3 adult sons, enjoyed a fabulous week at Case Azzura. The villa is well designed and sits in a quiet location with spectacular views across the valley. There are plenty of local markets and excellent restaurants nearby, in addition to vineyards and beautiful old villages and towns" -Graham M., UK, July 2017
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.250; Medium Season: EUR 2.950; Low Season: EUR 2.250
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 150,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request
- Save or share
- In total the house has 4 separate bedrooms. The first floor hosts 3 bedrooms all with double beds and more than enough built in cupboard space to store luggage, cloths and personal belongings. All bedrooms are luxurious and breathe the same modern design feeling as the ground floor area. In the main bedroom a large flat screen satellite TV is positioned, built in the wall. In the cellar a separate and exceptional large bedroom is located with large window and separate spacious walk in closet.
- The house is provided with excellent sanitary services. At the first floor the guest bathroom has a separate shower, double sink, toilet and bidet. The main bathroom at this floor is directly (and only) accessible via the main bedroom and has a separate shower, single sink, toilet and bidet at its disposal. Both bathrooms are exceptionally decorated with luxurious tiling of Bisazza. At ground floor living room level a separate guest toilet is located where downstairs an open bathroom area is part of the fourth bedroom. This truly spectacular bathroom not only has its own sink made of local stone, but has also a separate freestanding bathtub and water tap against an uplighted wall completely made out of local stone.
- The kitchen, completely white, is located a few steps higher up the living room. A large modern wooden table with 8 comfortable wite leather chairs forms the center of this modern kitchen equiped with all latest cooking luxury. From here an internal staircase leads to the first floor.
- The livingroom is designed with the latest highly modern furniture. An open fireplace, TV and audio set are obviously part of this area. From here one has truly spectacular views in two directions on the beautiful hillsides south of Lake Trasimeno. The attractive medieval village of Panicale is perched on one of them as a perfect landmark. Also several glimpses of the Lake itself can be enjoyed to the fullest.
- Other rooms
- Downstairs at cellar level a separate washing machine and dryer can be found built in a cupboard. Directly behind the kitchen is a seperate storage room that can be accessed from outside. Here all necessary technical equipment (heating system, water pressure and softening machine) is installed.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the house, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay. The cleaning lady will clean the house once a week; more often upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- Not specificly suitable for people with mobility problems.
- Coming from the living room one can find two different porches that can be accessed directly from the living room. One is facing south east and looks over Greppolischieto, a fortress dating back to the year 1000. This porch has a beautiful bench that enables one to have a nice morning breakfast or wonderful outside dinners with family and friends at a long table. The other porch facing north, ideal for a morning coffee or aperitif, overlooks the swimming pool area and the vast scenery of gently sloping hills directly south of Lake Trasimeno. The entire villa is surrounded by lawns gently sloping down to a large swimming pool (10 x 5 meters) that is surrounded by a large terrace, outside cold water shower and storage room for terrace furniture. Here one can find also a small pantry with fridge. From this pool one has a terrific infinity feeling of being surrounded strictly by nature.
- The entire property enjoys an excellent tranquility without being remote. Currently nearest neighbouring properties are at a distance over 70 meters.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Città della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve.
- Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details: * cities and touring * events and festivals * food and wine * nature and sports
- Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates. Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged. For this SpecialUmbria has an exclusive partnership with a young Italian chef.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).