- Umbria, Todi area
- New modern design villa near Todi, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
click here for this property's location in Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
An extraordinary newly built private villa, for 8.10 guests, designed by a very wellknown Italian architect, to blend minimalism and rural culture, resulting in a unique example of energetic auto sufficiency of style and design. Inspired by love of the city of Todi and the mysticism of the Umbrian hills, this is a house in which the fine-taste and design meet passion and respect for nature. The project fits in perfectly to the surrounding landscape, and results in a technologically avant-garde and eco-sustainable dwelling.
The gardens, designed to blend in perfectly with the surrounding landscape, consist of a lawn with lavender, rosemary and broom borders. The sunny pool faces the views and is surrounded by a teak and grey stone paved area.
The single level house is made up of 6 parts, all internally linked to each other. Every part has a large French Window that opens directly onto the garden. The architectural and volumetrically conformation is typical of a row of barns, and is commonly found in the north of Italy, but not in Umbria normally: rectangular plan, vertical brick structures, covered by a double layer roof. The overall effect is one of great beauty and originality, making every holiday here a truly unique experience. A 7th private part (loft style) can be added to the house which makes the house a comfortable villa for 8 with 2 single beds for kids to make it a 10 guests villa.
Other interesting details, aside from the use of sophisticated materials, furnishings and designer lighting are: the large Jacuzzi in the master bedroom, encased in a teak deck; the new-generation projector in the sitting area with a large screen (ideal for watching films and documentaries); a perfectly equipped outdoor area for barbecues, grills and cooking in the wood-oven; Great attention has also been paid to functionality and technological comfort- from the accessories, to the high-tech electrical appliances that have been chosen for the kitchen, wifi connection throughout, various audio–visual systems ( projector/cd with large screen and dolby surround, lcd tv with Sky decoder, dvd player, hifi, cd player, Ipod, Iphone cable).
This is a real unique and one of a kind place in Umbria!
- Why this is Special
- Staying in the private house of one of Italy's most important architects makes staying here an unique experience.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 2.950 for max 6 guests and EUR 3.100 for max 8-10 guests; Mid Season: EUR 2.750 for max 6 guests and EUR 2.900 for max 8-10 guests; Low Season: EUR 2.250 for max 6 guests and EUR 2.400 for 8-10 guests.
High Season: 30 June - 1 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 30 June & 1 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: 29 September - 31 December 2018 & 1 January - 25 May 2018
Security deposit: EUR 1.000, to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- Master Bedroom: 2 French windows, one window above Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, desk, bathroom with extra large shower cabin along hallway. Bedroom 2 and 3 on the opposite side of the house. One Bedroom with large double bed, wooden wardrobe, window overlooking the back garden, bathroom with shower along the hallway. Other bedroom with French window that opens onto front garden, desk, double bed, bathroom with shower along the hallway.In the attached apartment, which is an open space area there is a double bed on the first floor and a bathroom and spacious living area on the ground floor. 2 single sofas in this living area can be converted in 2 comfortable beds.
- 3 bathrooms. One of them is part of the master bedroom. In the master bedroom behind a glass wall is the Jacuzzi with jetted tub. 1 bathroom in the apartment.
- The kitchen is part of the living/dining area. This multifunctional and completely open-plan area is an extraordinary space where every tone of white is perfectly enhanced by the strong colours of the furnishings and the artwork which harmoniously interrupt the monochrome. Divided into two sections, this space reflects the modern living-concept, kitchen and dining area, with white lacquered table that seats 8/10 people, a beautiful natural wood shelf which adds a dash of colour to the amazing custom built kitchen, with a 'gioia carrara' marble work-surface, a central island helps to divide the dining area, and has two seperate cookers. The opposite work-surface, which is underneath the window, has two extra-large sinks that are at a distance so as to optimise the preparation space.
- The sitting room has four sofas, three of which are arranged around the fireplace and in front of the wall on which the projector screen is hidden. The walls are adorned with bookshelves and pieces of art. The living area has a resin floor, a large dining table for 8/10 people, sofas, benches and a small wooden table. To the left of the entrance is a hallway that leads to the tv room. The tv room/study has a very welcoming and intimate atmosphere with two comfortable corner-sofas in front of the fireplace, two windows (one of which is a French window that leads into the front garden), photos on the wall, artwork and a square table which is perfect for use as a desk.
- Other rooms
- Very nice BBQ area behind the house with stone BBQ and traditional pizza oven.
- Weekly linen change; mid week cleaning included; extra cleaning service available upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- This property is suitable for people with less mobility.
- The garden has been designed to blend in perfectly with the surrounding landscape, and consists of a lawn which is bordered by lavander, rosemary and broom bushes which naturally flow into the surrounding land ( 2 hectares). There is a spectacular view overlooking green hills, woodland, small villages and Monte Castello di Vibio in the distance. The sunny pool (16 x 4 meters, 1,65m deep) faces the view and is surrounded by a teak and grey stone paved area.
- When renting the house for a maximum of 6 guests the apartment will be closed off. This apartment will not be used during the stay of guests, which means that your privacy will be guaranteed. When renting the whole property there will be also available a Technogym Hometrainer and a table football table.
The nearest village (Ilci) is 4 kms away and boasts a medieval castle which has hosted various battles between Perugia and Todi. Although the castle has been destroyed, the arches and a few charming alleyways help maintain the structure and the atmosphere. Thanks to its charming position, appreciated by travellers and reporters, Ilci has been defined, 'a placid little hilltop village that has delightful vague and spacious views'. The City of Todi is only 10 kms away, Interestingly, Todi was voted 'the most liveable city in the world' by prof. Richard S. Levine of Kentucky University ( U.S.), and is located in a dominant hilltop position along the Tiber valley. Geographically Todi is right in the center of Umbria, and is equi-distant from its the region's main urban centers (Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Terni, Spoleto, Gubbio). Surrounded by medieval walls, Todi's beauty leaves its visitors speachless and the city offers a wide range of art from various historic periods, from the Etruscan period, to the Romanesque, from the Gothic period to the Renaissance. Todi is a true gem, with dozens of beautiful churches to visit, alleyways to explore , roof gardens to admire and plenty of fascinating history to discover. Despite the decrease in artisans, we can still find several blacksmiths, iron-mongers, coppersmiths and brassieres, carpenters, restorers, inlayers and cabinet makers, who proudly maintain medieval and renaissance traditions by creating antique-style furniture . There are plenty of interesting Umbrian craft shops in and around the main Piazza, such as Il Telaio di Todi which specialises in Umbrian textiles. You will also see plenty of the famous Deruta ceramics which have adorned many churches and architectural structures in Umbria for centuries, as well as various grocery and wine stores. Todi offers a large selection of excellent restaurants and cafes in and around the old town. Montecastello di Vibio, is a small hamlet , reknown for housing the smallest theatre in the world. This miniature gem is protected by the FAI and is just 14km from the villa. You will be in the Sagrantino and Greco del Tufo area, where many medieval hamlets lie, such as Montefalco and Bevagna. They are full of Umbro-Tuscan art and enhance the splendid surrounding hills of vineyards that offer interesting enogastonomical routes, with more than 25 wineries that are open for tastings.
Orvieto is approx 40 km from Casa Design, and is on the border between Umbria, Tuscany and Lazio. This stunning City is built on a cliff of tuff (a type of rock consisting of consolidated volcanic ash ). Orvieto has always been a fascinating and majestic city due to its central location and artistic charm. This city is an outstanding example of how nature and architecture can integrate. It is certainly and a place where art, culture, and amazing food and wine compliment each other perfectly. The road that leads to Orvieto crosses the River Tiber and the Forello Gorge- a breathtaking scene of the river Tiber flowing between the rocky travertine walls that are full of caves where wild animals take refuge.
- The nearest supermarket is the Conad at Pian di porto, which is where you will also find the Montecristo Dairies ( not to be missed) and a bar/tabacconist . The EMI megastore is at Ponte Rio (slightly further towards Todi), which is where you will also find various shops including a newsagents and a chemist.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
- Various services can be booked by guests at Casa Design, including a cookery school with gourmet dinners (from the aperitif to desert), or health and fitness therapies carried out by qualified specialists. The owners can also provide an english-speaking assistant to guide you in Todi, taxi service, or a personal trainer. Todi also has : two tennis clubs (a 15 minute drive away), horse-riding centres, archery or mountain bike rental. The nearest 18 hole golf-course is in Perugia – another magnificent city of Art, at 40kms from the villa, which offers not only undisputable urban–architectural wonders, but also has a variety of boutiques and cashemere outlets.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (34 km), Rome Fiumicino (180 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (180 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is at Collepepe (7 km) southbound for railway stations in Todi further to Rome and northbound to trainstations in Perugia further to Florence. Both airports and train stations have excellent car rental services.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (96 km), Castiglione del Lago (75 km), Cortona (77 km), Siena (137 km), Florence (180 km), Perugia (33 km), Gubbio (68 km), Todi (18 km), Orvieto (52 km), Spoleto (40 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (27 km), Deruta (13 km), Assisi (45 km) and of course Rome (160 km).