- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Beautifully designed Villa with private pool and jazzuzzi, Piegaro, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures, click here.
GAZZA is a beautifuly designed semi-detached villa with private pool, in Piegaro, on the border with Tuscany and near Lake Trasimeno. The villa is divided into 2 large separate apartments, connected via external stairs for 12 guests. Ideal for two families together but with their own private apartment for a maximum of privacy. Gazza consists of 6 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms, two large lofts like living/cooking area, a very spacious terrace with lounge corner and a private garden with large dining table and jaccuzzi. Gazza is part of a traditional country house and is neigboring to another 2 apartments which have their own pool. Total privacy in GAZZA is guaranteed.
The interior of GAZZA is one of a kind and truly different from what you will normally find in an ordinary holiday apartment. The style can be described as 'shabby chic'. Old looking furniture is combined with modern design and industrial lights. Old wood has an important role in the entire design, as well as colors, which will be found in the high quality fabrics (Missoni!) you will see all around the villa. The 2 kitchens are very well equipped with large Smeg stove and stand-alone colored Smeg fridge. Cooking lovers can enjoy themselves a lot!
GAZZA is the ideal holiday rental in off season as well (Spring and Autumn). The wood burners, the steaming jaccuzzi and warm plaids for sitting outside guarantees the perfect atmosphere. Around the house you can make wonderful walks which in off season is the perfect thing to do.
The building is dominantly positioned halfway an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away from and the A1 Motorway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 minutes drive.
This is absolutely something different you won't see anywhere else in Umbria!
GAZZA is under exclusive specialumbria property management.
- Why this is Special
- A very spacious villa for 12 guests, divided in 2 apartments is the ideal holiday rental for 2 families. All together and at the same time privacy when you like.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season: EUR 4.300; Mid Season: EUR 3.700; Low Season: EUR 2.300
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning (including mid week cleaning): EUR 275,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Jacuzzi: included in the rental price
Baby cot: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival from 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- All fresh white bedrooms have iron wrought and wooden beds, made by local craftsmen. High-quality bed linen, colorful blankets (Missoni) and industrial lighting.
- 4 bathrooms are en-suite. Shower walls and floors in resin, modern fittings. 1 bathroom on the top floor, with shower, that serves a twin and a double bedroom. 1 sepatate WC is also present. High-quality towels, pool and jacuzzi towels are included in the rental price.
- There are two kitchens: boasting a local style, with old wooden cupboards and marble top. Large Smeg stove, dishwasher and colored Smeg fridge. Special attention has been paid to sufficient working space, to indulge the guests in the perfect Italian cooking.
- The cosy livings have comfortable large (corner) sofas and Dutch style GISPEN chairs, recolored yellow carpet and nice industrial lighting. There are 2 old wooden dining tables with modern style chairs (Eames)with space for everyone. Particular furniture and creative decorations. During cold days the 2 wood stoves will give a comfortable warmth. There is underfloor heating in the villa. Wireless internet is included in the rental price.
- Other rooms
- Two washing machines and dryers are available in a separate room in the basement of the building.
- Small mid week cleaning and intensive cleaning end of every week. Fresh bed linen and all towels included. Permanent maintenance of the apartment, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- One of the apartments is accessible for people with restricted mobility . There are three bedrooms on the ground floor with en-suite bathrooms.
- Just below the villa the own private pool (6 x 12 meters) is overlooking the vineyard and the whole area towards Tuscany. For every guest there is a sun bed available. The (heated) Jacuzzi, is absolutely unique and will make your stay in GAZZA even more special.
- The apartments are child friendly. The top terrace is closed off with 2 small gates. There are a lot of toys available and 2 cots and high chairs are available against separate charge.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some local shops (a very good butcher, bakery, 2 small grocery shops), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro are 2 local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve and Panicale.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices). Special Umbria works closely together with a young Italian cook who can come to the apartment to cook for you.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).