- Marche, Adriatic Seaside
- Located in the Marche, between Umbria and one of the most spectacular spot of the Adriatic Sea, is sited in a very dominant position overlooking the valley ahead and its 30 hectares of land.
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view in Google Maps
Il Convento, only 40 minutes far from the Adriatic Sea, was built on a the remain of a XVIII century monastery and it has been exquisitely restored mostly keeping its original drawing and antique irregular stones and white oak beams.
The interiors have been completely renewed turning the villa into a countryside contemporary, fully equipped house, refined in a luxurious and very comfortable way. Whitewashed walls are offset by the warm neutral colour pallet of traditional tiles and with rustic but elegant objects, original wooden beams to which has been bestowed a new use with a strong sense of style, contemporary art pieces and furniture charmingly accentuate the unique retreat’s character.
This two-storey farmhouse has a total surface of 300 sqm, boasting among many amenities an exclusive stairless indoor marble swimming pool with doors onto the garden. The indoor pool is in the living room and it has a dramatic sense of space thanks to the double height ceilings.
All the bedrooms are very spacious and boast the view onto the pool and the countryside the villa is surrounded by.
The inimitable feature of Il Convento is the exterior offering a stunning position on the valley giving amazing views onto the surrounding and on the nearby towns of Cingoli, Cupramontana and Staffolo, without turning down the sense of seclusion the villa offers.
Facing south-west is located the marbled pool (15x3 meters) with deck area and sunbeds.
Outside there is also a spacious covered pergola shading an outdoor table that can accommodate up to 6/8 guests, where enjoying the fresh air of Italian summer evenings.
The stunning surrounding views facing East where in distance you can see the Adriatic Sea on clear days and the outdoor kitchen with gas hob, BBQ and sink make the whole package complete to be a very inviting place to dine al Fresco.
The villa hosts a fully equipped Boffi kitchen, where the guests can enjoy a real Italian meal preparation, an easy-going aperitif around the counter, a cosy dinner with friends.
- Why this is Special
- The original magic of the former monastery was maintained at Il Convento, which flaunts unique design choices enshrined in an antique historical frame maintaining the villa’s original character and charm and mixing contemporary elegance with a rustic, charming Italian soul.
- What our clients say
July 2018 - FVB, Belgium: 'Visiting different regions in Italy for a number of years now, I can honestly say that Le Marche was a real discovery. To my humble opinion one of the most beautiful regions from a nature perspective. Also for those who think that Umbria and Tuscany are too touristic, this is a must see and visit …. living alone amongst locals. l Convento, blends in perfectly in this environment. Paola and Peter (the owners) did an amazing job, creating a unique villa with a lot of style and character with one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen. A perfect place to stay and relax but also the perfect base to discover places like Cingoli, Cupramontana, Macerata, Staffolo, Ancona, the Adriatic coast, ….
We enjoyed it, loved it and can certainly recommend it.'
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.390; Low Season: 2.205
High season: 12 May to 15 September 2018
Low season: all other months
Cleaning once a week, linen and towels included in the rent.
Security Deposit: EUR 800 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 days before arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival at 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- Ground floor: bedroom with two beds (one single and one French bed) and direct access to the garden, decorated in a very minimal and hassle-free style keeping the sense of ancient building, with niches obtained by the original structure. First floor: master bedroom with queen bed and en-suite large bathroom, study table and lounge area, mosquito net bed canopy; double bedroom with queen bed and en-suite bathroom simply decorated, with lounge area, desk and mosquito net bed canopy.
- All the bathrooms are with all the comfort and feature a large, tiled shower, but the ground floor bathroom which is small but yet comfortable.
- The 40 sqm Boffi kitchen features the most modern materials skilfully mixed with the old structure and recycled object belonged to the original building. The kitchen boosts a central isle with 5-burner hob ventilated baking oven and counter space, two-door fridge with freezer and ice maker, dishwasher, double sink and all the useful facilities of up to date kitchens.
- The farmhouse has several lounge areas/living rooms/sitting areas. Ground floor: small sitting room with table and large fireplace with direct access to the garden; large living room with sofas and armchairs and indoor marble pool. The pool has not stairs, therefore it might be not suitable for children. First floor: open space working and lounge area, accessible only from the upstairs bedroomg, featuring a library, and several spots to read and to work. The area is full with light and it has a view above the indoor pool.
- Other rooms
- A small broom closet is present in the house.
- Cleaning will be once a week: intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically accessible for people with mobility problems.
- Private pool with sunbeds, BBQ, equipped kitchen, garden with fruit trees and olive groves, covered pergola, dining area with table and chairs make the perfect combination to live this farmhouse at its best during spring and summer time.
- The house doesn’t have an AC system, even though the old structure and the thick walls do not let feel summer heat. Even though located nearby a no much traveled road, the villa has such a spacious surround that doesn’t allow any noise to arrive. Customized meals cooked at the villa by the local Italian chef Stefania are available upon request(40Euros/person). Heating from October 15th to April 15th.
- Il Convento is very close to the medieval town of Cingoli (8 km) which has a good variety of restaurants, shops, supermarkets and cafes. Not very far, less than one hour from the property, there is the outlet area of Marche, which is a region especially known for its shoemakers. The town of Senigallia on the Adriatic coast is just 45 km and it offers many summer events such as the Summer Jamboree and has also Michelin star restaurants. Historical cities of Umbria are averagely 1 hour drive so perfect to visit in a one day trip.
- The area is most famous for its wines especially Verdicchio DOP. There are many wineries nearby which offers wine tasting. The Lake of Cingoli, which is the largest artificial lake of Central Italy, is just 8 km away and it offers several outdoor activities such as long hikes along the lake’s perimeter, fishing, kayak rental, picnicking, and nevertheless picnic areas and secluded shores. The white shores of the natural park of the Conero are just a 40 minutes drive. It guarantees one of the most terrific coastlines of the entire Adriatic with crystal blue water!
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- Il Convento is 30 minutes from Ancona airport, and Perugia Airport is 100 km away. Other international airports are: Rome Fiumicino (300 km), Ciampino (280 km) and Florence (250 km).
- There are many interesting cities in the area, worth a visit, such as: Macerata (35 km), with its Sferisterio (opera festival), Porto Recanati (50 km), Cingoli (8 km), Cupramontana (40 km), Fermo (64 km) and Adriatic Coast (40 km), Frasassi caves (the largest ones in Europe!) (30 km), Urbino (90 km), one of the most important cities of Italian Renaissance.