- Umbria, Spoleto area
- Nicely restored house with superb views, very close to Spoleto in Campello sul Clittuno, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google maps
For more pictures, click here.
Wonderfully positioned completely restructured farmhouse for 10 guests with amazing views and nice pool.
The climb above the valley of Spoleto to Campello sul Clitunno to La Terrazza has many beautiful views but non better than from the terazzo in front of the house at the top. Local architects have made a stunning restoration of this former ruin. The house has everything you could need to make your holiday comfortable inside stone walls which have probably stood for over 600 years. There are 5 spacious bedrooms, 4 with double bed and 1 with a wooden bunk (2 beds). There are 5 bathrooms and 2 open, fully equiped kitchens and 2 living areas. New extensive works to the house and the interior were finsihed in May 2013.
The main livingroom, with white comfortable sofas, has a nice fireplace and the downstairs rooms open on to the wonderful terrace with pergola and barbecue. The pool is nestled between olive trees, beside the househaring the view which extends to Spoleto below. This house is ideal voor an extented family with children who, swill enjoy the pool. From the terrace you will have the best 'al fresco' dinners you can imagine to have in Italy!
- Why this is Special
- Wonderful house with a Million Dollar View!
- What our clients say
Karin V. Germany: If you would like to explore Umbria and would like to stay in a great location and also want to eat at a good accessible distance, this house is the perfect place. After an extensive hiking tour around the house, the pool invites you to relax. If communicated cooking with subsequent food is desired, the house with its two kitchens offers all the conditions. Having your meal under the pergola with the unforgettable view over the valley is just the perfect experience. The position of all bedrooms secures privacy for every guest. The heat of the day in Summer is you won’t feel inside the house, due to the thick walls, the window shutters and the position on the hill. The slightly adventurous road up to the house always gives you the feeling of a little adventure, but it’s nice. The equipment leaves nothing to be desired, especially since Bianca, the local property managaer, makes almost everything possible. We always come back to this special place again and again!
Carsten S. Denmark, July 2017: I would recommend Special Umbria at any time. They have an exclusive selection of beautiful houses of different sizes in Umbria. Our experience is that everything about both finances, management and the site itself, meets the expectations. We are always greeted with kindness, carefulness and quality.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 2.750; Mid Season EUR 2.500; Low Season EUR 2.100.
High Season: July-August
Mid Season: September
Low Season: All other months
Cleaning: EUR 175 per week
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 11 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- 5 bedrooms in total. Nicely decorated, spacious bedrooms, all with private bathroom.
- Modern bathrooms in a light sandy color with good quality fittings.
- 2 spacious kitchens, handmade, with local stone worktop, dishwasher, big firidge and large oven. There is a large wooden table in the main kitchen for having diner and lunch.
- There is a library/study next to the main kitchen which gives access to the living room. In the living room one can find the TV. Two large white sofas make this to a comfortable area.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done once a week; more cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically accessible for less mobile people.
- Wonderful outside terraced areas with gravelled parts and and green. There are different sitting areas. The pool is attached to the spacious front side terrace. Shadow will be provided by the overgrown pergola. There are loungers and sun beds near the pool. The views from the garden and terrace are breathtaking. For your amusement their is also table tennis available.
- Although the house looks part of a small hamlet, there is a maximum of privacy around the house and in the garden.
Campello sul Clitunno is 15 km away from Spoleto which is a very beautiful historical town. Every end of June this town is organizing an international culture festival: Festival dei Due Mondi (www.festivaldispoleto.com). In the area are a lot of beautiful towns to visit like: Norcia, Montefalco, Bevagna, Spello, Assisi, Perugia etc.
- Some small shops can be found in the village of Fontanelle and Campello sul Clittuno, approximately 5 kilometers. Spoleto at 15 kms distance provides a wider offer. Here one can find all kind of shops and supermarkets. On the way up to the house one will find all kind of small local shops (wine, truffles, fresh pasta) which makes your home made lunch easy to make and great fun! Cooking in the villa can be organized by the property manager and her grandmother. This is really nice experience.
- Ideal for long walks in the olive groves directly from the property into all directions. The area is ideal for Hiking, also climbing and mountain biking. The beach in Ancona is a 1 hour drive.
- All kind of activities, like excursions organized by the owners, can be arranged upon request (against separate charges).
- Nearest international airports are near Rome - Ciampino (148 km) and Rome - Fiumicino (168 km), Perugia - Sant'Egidio (57 km) and Ancona (156 km). Car hire is recommended.