- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Contemporary part of true authentic Umbrian Country house in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures click here.
L'arco is part of an traditional Umbrian farm built in 1534 AD. In spring 2013 L'arco was completely refurbished and transferred into an ideal combination between the traditional Umbrian feeling and the 2015 lifestyle. L'Arco is something you won't find anywhere else in Umbria.
L'arco is a very spacious apartment of 100sqm with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, separate kitchen and living room overlooking the Umbrian country side. Attached to the house is a large porch which is an ideal place for summer lunches and diners and where you will enjoy every evening the magnificent sunset. L'Arco has an unique large and private garden, with old olive trees with no disturbance and only beautiful views. The shared pool (only 2 other houses) of 14 x 7 meters is positioned on 1 minute walk from the Apartment. Here you will find comfortable private pool furniture.
The interior is done in a modern/traditional light and cozy style and will be unique in it's kind.
The apartment is dominantly positioned on an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno, enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano) and lake Trasimeno (Panicale). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away, where the A1 Motorway exits for Rome and Florence only 20 minutes drive.
The refurbishing project was done by Special Umbria. L'Arco will be under exclusive Special Umbria Property Management, which means that we will take care of our guests ourselves during their stay.
L'Arco and its refurbishing project was recently featured in Méditerranée (May 2017).
- Why this is Special
- It's the ideal combination between tradition, real Italian country life feeling and the style of today. L'Arco is an ideal holiday location for a couple or small family with young children!
- What our clients say
June 2017, Bas S, Amsterdam: Our stay in L’arco was great. The apartment was very clean, good size and has everything you need. With the amazing views this is a picture perfect location.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 1.550; Mid Season EUR 1.300; Low Season EUR 1.000.
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 125,00
Security deposit: EUR 250,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- Very large groundfloor bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom, Beautiful views from the bedroom! On the first floor is the second bedroom with double bed and separate bathroom.
- 2 bathrooms, al en-suite with shower and modern high quality fittings.
- Very cosy kitchen 'in muratura' with dishwasher, oven/microwave and all imaginable equipment to make it fun to cook yourself and prepare the Italian food in its best possible way.
- Spacious living room with sofa, 2 comfortable chairs and a dining table with 4 'Eames' chairs. There is a satelite TV (with also Dutch channels) with dvd player, and Ipod docking station. In the living area is also a nice old wood burning stove, which makes l'Arco also ideal in low season periods.
- Other rooms
- Next to the kitchen is an utility room with washing machine and dryer and room for storage.
- high quality towels and linen are included. Cleaning once a week, more often upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically accessible for less mobile people, although the ground floor bedroom and bathroom will only have 2 steps above ground level.
- The apartment has a large private garden (lawn and olive trees) with fantastic views. The garden is maintained all year through by a gardener. Garden furniture is available as well as separate private pool furniture. The large open air swimming pool (14 x 7 meters) is shared with only 2 other similar apartments/houses, of which one family is normally not using the pool during the day. The pool area is surrounded by a large terrace and lawn. There is also a separate WC near the pool. A large veranda is connected to the apartment and provides shade at most time of the day. Underneath here one can have great evening diners.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank, church and a good restaurant. Better equiped shops and supermarkets one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In summer the fish monger and baker will come by once/twice a week.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes). Horese riding at Montegabbione (8km) and Tennis in Piegaro (2km).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices). Our young Italian private chef can come to the house to cook for you and your guests.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals. The train station is ideal for doing day trips to Rome and Florence.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).