- Umbria, Orvieto area
- One of a kind frescoed town house with modern design interior and private pool in Monteleone d'Orvieto, Terni, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Monteleone14 has been a restoration project which was completed early May 2014. This is one of the most special places we have seen in years. This townhouse (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms) with private pool in the medieval cellar is a one of a kind property. This house, which was owned by a noble family is all frescoed and was restored in detail in the last year. The interior was done in the best modern design (Flos, B&B Italia, Kartell etc) and together with the colorful, antique frescoes and old tiled floors this is in all senses unique. Here you feel part of an Umbrian town and will you experience the best views you can imagine from the spacious terrace. In the cellar a concrete pool was built in the medieval foundations of the house. The pool (heated in winter) and hottub, together with the wine cellar for guest use only makes this an experience hard to forget. The pool gives acces to a small street/square which makes it also ideal for children to swim and play.
- Why this is Special
- An amazing blend of renaissance and 19th century frescoes with very modern interventions. Unique!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 2.700; Mid Season EUR 3.500; High Season EUR 4.300.
High Season: 26 May 2018 - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 8 September 2018 - 13 October 2018 & 22 december 2018 - 31 December 2018 & 14 April 2018 - 26 May 2018
Low Season: 1 january 2018 - 14 April 2018 and 13 October 2018 - 22 December 2018
Security deposit: EUR 1.000 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
30% deposit and 70% balance 30 days before arrival.
- Arrival and departure on Saturday or Sunday.
- Save or share
- 3 wonderful bedrooms, very light and with wonderful fresco ceilings and glas devisions in the room. Very modern furniture (B&B Italia, Flos, Kartell)
- 3 Bathrooms with the highest quality fittings, very nice!
- Modern white kitchen, which combines very well with the old stone exposed walls and old beams. Nice old kitchentable with modern chairs and wonderful views on the whole area.
- Dreamy living room with 2 large lounge beds, flat screen tv and music system.
- Other rooms
- In the old medieval cellar you will find the most unique part of the house: the indoor pool with hottub. All made in concrete and unique with the old brickstone walls. Here is also a small kitchen and wine cellar. This area gives access to the back side of the house which is a small street/square where children can play, coming out of the pool, or where you can sit enjoying the sun and the most amazing views. In winter the pool area is ideal as well as it is heated and the hottub is the best place to stay, next to the wine cellar.
- Cleaning once a week and more cleaning on request. Included in the rental price.
- Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Washing machine, Satellite tv, Internet access, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically accessible for people with mobility problems.
- Next to the kitchen is a very spacious terrace with an enormous infinity feeling, overlooking the Val di Chiana.
You are in the middle of the medieval town Monteleone d'Orvieto. The area is ideal for making long walks, but also sighteeing by car is ideal from here. The A1 highway is 10 minutes away (exit Fabro). Orvieto is near, as well as Cetona and Montepulciano in Tuscany, but also Perugia and other well known Umbrian tows can be reached easily.
- There are some basic local shops in town, all on walking distance. There is a very nice bar with cosy terrace and very good Italian aperitifs and you will also have some nice restaurants and a good pizzeria in town. Some large supermarkets in Fabro at the extit of the high way.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Rome Fiumicino (180 km) and Ciampino (165 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (160 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (10 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (20 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals. The train station is ideal for doing day trips to Rome and Florence.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (40 km), Castiglione del Lago (35 km), Cortona (55 km), Siena (100 km), Florence (140 km), Perugia (45 km), Gubbio (90 km), Todi (65 km), Orvieto (35 km), Spoleto (100 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (95 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (65 km) and of course Rome (160 km).