- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Newly built apartment with unique interior and large swimming pool in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures, click here.
PIAZZA is a newly built apartment under management of Special Umbria, fully completed in May 2012.
In Piegaro, on the border with Tuscany and near Lake Trasimeno, this traditional large country house is divided into 4 apartments. The building is beautifully positioned with amazing views towards Tuscany. Two large pools (each 6 x 12 meters), just below the house are part of a vineyard, which belongs to the property. Every apartment shares one pool with only one other apartment.
PIAZZA is a lovely apartment for 4 guests. It consists of 2 bedrooms with open bathrooms and a separate WC, a cosy living/cooking area, a covered terrace (with terrace heaters for off season stay) and a private garden with a lot of space and an extra covered sitting area. The apartment is airconditioned.
The interior of PIAZZA is one of a kind and truly different from what you will normally find in an ordinary holiday apartment. The style can be described as 'shabby chique'. Old looking furniture is combined with modern design and industrial lightning. Old wood has an important role in the entire design, as well as colors, which will be found in the fabrics you will see all around the apartment. The kitchen is very well equipped with a Smeg stove and stand alone colored Smeg fridge. Cooking lovers can enjoy themselves a lot!
PIAZZA and its shared areas is under exclusive fulltime property management by SpecialUmbria.
The building is dominantly positioned halfway an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away where the A1 Motorway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 minutes drive.
This is absolutely something different you won't see anywhere else in Umbria!
- Why this is Special
- The feeling of having your own small private villa and at the same time being part of a luxurious small complex, with a maximum of privacy and quality.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 1.450; Mid Season EUR 1.200; Low Season EUR 800.
High Season: 24 June - 9 September 2017
Mid Season: 27 May - 24 June & 9 September - 30 September 2017
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 115;
Security deposit: EUR 250 to be paid in cash upon arrival;
Babycot: EUR 50 per week;
Dog: EUR 50 per stay.
Airconditioning based upon consumption to be paid at departure (0,35 Euros/kilowatt).
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- The 2 bedrooms have iron wrought and wooden beds, made by local craftsmen. High quality bed linen, colorful blankets and industrial lightning. Airconditioning in every bedroom.
- The bathrooms are part of the bedrooms. All fittings are latest design and the walls are made in resin. The bathroom corner has a particular design: mirror in old wood, sink table in wood combined with modern fittings. The toilet is positioned seperately in the hallway.
- The kitchen is made in local style, with old wooden doors and marble top. Large Smeg stove, dishwasher and colored Smeg fridge. Extra attention has been paid to sufficient working space as well as a lot of equipment to enjoy Italian cooking by yourself.
- The living area has a comfortable sofa and comfortable chairs, recolored blu carpet and nice industrial lightning. There is an old wooden dining table with modern style chairs (Eames). Particular furniture and decorations. There is underfloor heating in the whole apartment, as well as airconditioning (floor cooling). Wireless internet is available in the entire apartment and included in the rental price.
- Other rooms
- A private washing machine and dryer are available in a separate room in the basement of PIAZZA.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the apartment, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay.
- Amenities: Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- This apartment is not accessible for people with mobility problems.
- Every 2 apartments have their own shared pool (6 x 12 meters) positioned next to the large vineyard overlooking the whole area towards Tuscany. PIAZZA shares the pool with an apartment which is not for rent, and will only be used by the owners. For every guest there will be a sun bed available. There is a modern design terrace heater outside, which makes the terrace also comfortable in the off season.
- In summer the baker will stop at the building twice a week.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices). Special Umbria works closely together with a young Italian cook who can come to the apartment to cook for you.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).