- Umbria, Todi area
- Perfectly restored casale with amazing views near Massa Martana, Todi, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps
For more pictures click here!
Podere Martanais a century old farmhouse which has been transformed into a lovely holiday home in Umbria. The villa lies in a wooded area with oak- and chestnut trees and lawns. The estate overlooks the old village of Massa Martana, which lies at a distance of only a few kilometers from Todi in the heart of Umbria. Here you can enjoy maximum privacy and peaceful tranquility. At the same time, this country house is a very convenient base for short trips to important historic towns like Todi, Spoleto, Assisi, Perugia, Montefalco and Bevagna.
Podere Martana is suitable for 9 persons and has five bedrooms, all with an en-suite private bathroom. The house has a living space of 300 square meters on two different levels. The interior decoration is charming and rustic, with modern elements to add a contemporary touch. There are two seating areas and a spacious kitchen with an adjacent large, covered terrace, which overlooks the pool and the nice outdoor oven/ BBQ. To the side of the house is another lovely spot to sit and enjoy the views over the valley.
Here you will feel yourself part of nature, with all modern luxury and on a short distance of a small town with all facilities. The ideal family holiday destination.
- Why this is Special
- Very particular country house, cosy and restored on a high level, without taking out the original character. Wonderful garden with old trees, lawns and nice views.
- What our clients say
Augsut 2018: 'Podere Martana is a fabulous experience, which starts with an enthusiastically warm and open welcome by the owner. The road from the town center to the villa goes steeply uphill, on smaller and smaller tracks, ending in total silence with the last 250 meters on private ground. When you leave your car, you get hit by the total silence and the breath-taking views over the woods. You stand in front of a very well equipped house where the kitchen gear, the books and toys for bigger and smaller children and the well filled wine-“cellar” makes you feel literally at home. The only drawback is that you have to leave again when your holiday is over.' Guy G, Belgium
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.800; Mid Season EUR 3.450; Low Season EUR 2.800
Low Season: 29 September 2018 - 5 January 2018
High Season: 25 May 2019 - 31 August 2019
Mid Season: 31 August 2019 - 28 September 2019
Low Season: 5 January - 25 May 2019 & 28 September 2019 - 4 January 2020
Weekly cleaning (including mid week cleaning): EUR 175,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot + Highchair: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
Included in the rental price: Gas / water / electricity, Linen, Towels, Towels for the pool, Weekly change of linen / towels, Wifi internet & Wood for the fireplace / outdoor oven
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM; different days and times upon request.
- Save or share
- Double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom on ground floor level. Cosy bedroom with an adjoining bathroom in the annex, attached to the house, with a private entrance. Two single beds. Three double bedrooms with private bathroom of which one bedroom has a private terrace.
- 5 bathrooms, all done in a light modern style.
- Large kitchen, done in a particular style (gas stove, oven, large refrigerator/freezer combination, dishwasher, watercooker) and a spacious dining area.
- Living room with an impressive open fire place. lounge area with an open fire place and two lounge sofas on first floor.
- Other rooms
- Pantry with a washing machine and dryer.
- Cleaning will be done twice a week. Large cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Large covered terrace, perfect for al fresco dining, which is directly accessible from the kitchen. Large barbecue area with also a wood-pizza oven. Open air swimming pool(4x9 meters, open during the months of May-September) surrounded by a sun terrace with lounge chairs and parasols.
Todi is a wonderful old town, very lively, at 10 car minutes distance. Here you will find all services, also for daily shopping.
You can visit the wine museum near the vineyards of Torgiano and buy hand painted ceramics at any number of shops in nearby Deruta. You can savor the celebrated red wines of Montefalco and buy the richly textured Umbrian traditional linens available at several shops in Todi itself.
For the more athletically inclined, jogging up and down the hills around the property provides a most vigorous workout, that is, if doing laps in the pool isn't already enough; but for the best recreation of all visit the restaurants, pizzerias and gelaterias of Todi. They are wonderful enough to entice you back many times for the duration of your stay.
- Good basic shopping, bars and restaurants you will find in Massa Martana. A more broader offering can be found in Todi at roughly 10 minutes car drive.
- For nature lovers there are 30 km of sign-posted footpaths through the Martana hills and wild countryside, suitable for an hour’s ramble or whole day excursions.
- Cooking can be organized by an experienced Italian Chef.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (65 km), Rome Fiumicino (150 km) and Ciampino (138 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (200 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is in MassaMartana (5 km) for Rome, Perugia and Florence; the train station of Todi is near and in Todi also car rentals are available.
- The most important cities in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Perugia(65 km), Foligno (34 km), Spello (40 km), Gubbio (98 km), Orvieto (60 km), Spoleto (35 km), Montefalco/Bevagna (43 km), Deruta (35 km), Assisi (50 km) and of course Rome (120 km).