- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Unique recently restored wine estate with wonderful tenniscourt and swimming pool between Cortona and Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures click here.
Wonderful in 2012 completely restored wine estate with brand new amazing pool and new tennis court, between Castiglione del Lago and Cortona. Exclusive rental location for 10-12 guests.
Here you will be part of wine production, but at the same time have all privacy you would like to have during your holiday. Podere Saltatempo is idealy positioned between Umbria and Tuscany with Cortona and Montepulciano very near and also the Lake Trasimeno with all water sport facilities.
The owners restored the farm in such a way that you still will have the feeling that you are staying in a house full of history but at the same time you will get all luxury you can imagine like: most modern bathrooms you can imagine, unique pool with stone exposed walls inside the water, pool lounge area with bar and kitchen, very high quality new tenniscourt etc.
This makes your holiday something very special with no worries at all...and very good wines immediately near to you.
- Why this is Special
- This is the ideal combination between living at a centuries old farm and all modern facilities. The owners tried to keep the spirit of the farm of the family and did it in a very special way.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 2.410; Mid Season EUR 3.330; High Season EUR 4.360
Low Season: 4 November 2017 - 22 December 2017 & 3 November 2018 - 22 December 2018 & 8 January 2018 - 23 March 2018
Mid Season: 1 - 7 January 2018 & 23 March - 30 June June 2018 & 1 September 4 November 2018 & 22 December 2018 - 31 December 2018
High Season: 23 June - 31 August 2018
Security deposit: EUR 700 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Cleaning will be EUR 180 per week.
Heating/AC will be charged according to consumption.
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 5 PM to 7 pm, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 3 suites with double beds and 2 bedrooms, one with 2 single beds and one with a smaller (140cm wide) double bed. Next to that there are extra folding beds which can create capacity until 15 guests in total and can be ideal when traveling with children.
- 5 bathrooms. All bedrooms have their own bathroom. The bathrooms are all brand new with very high quality fittings and have luxury showers with large shower heads. The suite bedroom has also a bath.
- The kitchen is wel equiped, not very spacious, but very comfortable with an extra storage room. The kitchen gives access to the dining area.
- There is living room with comfortable sofa and chairs with TV and HIFI set. In the living room is also the traditional Umbrian Fireplace.
- Other rooms
- The hall of the house is also a comfortable working area with writing desk and computer.
- Cleaning will be done once a week and is included in the rental price; more cleaning upon request against extra charge. Laundry service available.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Dishwasher, Iron+board, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- The house is part of and working wine estate. This means that once and then you might see or hear some activities related to that. In general your privacy will be completely respected. The property is sheltered from the "outside world" by mature oak woodland and affords complete privacy and quiet. On the grounds there is a natural pond inhabited by tenches and carps where angling is possible (with one's own equipment). Around the house there are many sunny and shaderelax areas and also a nice roof covered terrace, which was once a barn and was left like it was before, without any restoration. The pool area is something really special. A wonderful infinity pool with stone exposed wall and next to that a Pool house with outdoor kitchenette, cloakroom and changing room and also a very nice lounge area with sofas. This is special because the owners kept the old barn and only made modern changes on the inside. Near the pool is also the brand new private tenniscourt with latest technology Mantoflex. There is also a fresh water natural Pond outside. On the grounds there is also a natural pond inhabited by tenches and carps where fishing is possible (with one's own equipment). Four small dogs live on the estate, they are well trained and are not allowed indoors.
- With children the house can be rented up to 15 guests. Washing service is included in the rental price. Ironing on request, seperately prized. No pets allowed All bedrooms are no smoking. It would be much appreciated if smoking were limited to outdoors. Particular care should be taken with toddlers and infants around the swimming pool and the pond.
The lake Trasimeno is a 5 minutes drive. Here you will find all kind of water sport facilities, with the nearest beach in Badiaccia. In Castiglione on the lake site are also some bars for young adults to have fun in the evening.
- The nearest shop for food staples is 4 km away in Petrignano, while more extensive shopping will be found in Terontola and Castiglione del Lago. There is a very good restaurant with alfresco dining very near to the Estate (2 minutes drive). They have also cater facilities, please ask for more information. There are numerous further excellent restaurants in the surrounding area.
- Lake Trasimeno (6 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is very close by. Golf courses are near Betolle (21 km), at 9 holes Golf Club Valdichiana and in Panicarola (23 km) at 9 holes Golf Course Lamborghini and in Ellera Umbra (40 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged upon request. Wine tasting can be done on the estate and we work with a young Italian cook who can come to the Estate to cook for you. Cooking classes and home delivery of organic groceries can also be arranged, as well as antistress and relaxation massages by a qualified professional.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (53 km), Ancona International Airport (165 km), Rome Fiumicino (232 km) and Ciampino (214 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (125 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (190 km); nearest Motorway exit is Ferretto/Petraia (5 km; N75/E45) for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence. Nearest railway station is Terontola (6 km) with direct connections to Rome, Florence, Arezzo, Perugia and other popular destinations.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (23 km), Castiglione del Lago (8 km), Arezzo (50 Km), Citta di Castello (40 km), Siena (68 km), Florence (110 km), Perugia (42 km), Gubbio (53 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (110 km), Spoleto (105 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (95 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (65 km) and of course Rome (200 km).