- Umbria, Perugia area
- Uniquely restored high quality modern villa just outside Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
Ponte Felcino which was once a traditional Umbrian stone farmhouse, just outside the city center of Perugia is now a heaven on earth modern country house in 2018 style. The house has been restored by the owners, two Perugian architects. It was completed early 2018. The owners did a wonderful job! It became the ideal symbiosis between the Umbrian country style and a perfectly designed modern interior with an eye for every single detail.
Ponte Felcino is positioned just below the hillside outside Perugia with views over farmland and woodland which has little changed in generations. The position in an area with party woodlands and party meadows means that even in high summer the house has a lot of shadow and fresh air. Sloping natural gardens terraced with local stone ,and green lawns and olive groves are perfect for unwinding. The owners have thoughtfully placed various ‘al fresco’ areas to catch the best of the house at different times of day. The terraced main dining area outside the house underneath the pergola is perfect for a cool lunch and long dining.
Inside, the interiors are modern with very original furnishing. The house has plenty of original features. The ground floor has original wooden beams and stone exposed walls throughout, all painted in a white washed color. The floors are in a light color resin which combines perfectly with these traditional elements. The sitting room has plenty of space for stretching out with a good book and the impressive stone fireplace is great for cosying up with a fire out of season. All bedrooms are large yet cosy and furnished with interesting pieces of design and lovely fabrics. The bathrooms are really well designed and provice all comfort neccesary.
This is a real ‘get away from it all’ holiday . From the location of the house, so close to the old town of Perugia, but also the motorway to arrive in a short time to well known towns, to the comfortable interiors, everything is designed for maximum relaxation. While away the days may be filled here reading your book by the pool, indulging in locally produced food and night time star-gazing. For those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life there couldn’t be a better spot.
Ponte Felcino is 15 minutes from Perugia Aiport with direct flights to London, Brussels and Frankfurt.
- Why this is Special
- Unique modern design, in the middle of the Umbrian countryside and very near to the old city center of Perugia makes this house the perfect place to stay.
- What our clients say
March 2018: Fonte Felcino was the perfect experience for us. Beautiful architecture! A house where you don't want to leave anymore. High quality, luxurious accomodation and perfect hosts! We will come back for sure! K and C, Belgium.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season & Christmas EUR 2.650; Mid Season EUR 3.150; High Season EUR 3.650;
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Christmas: 21 December 2018 - 5 January 2019
Security deposit: EUR 750 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Cleaning and linen, included a mid week cleaning, is part of the rental price.
Sofa bed: EUR 100 each week
Cot and high chair: EUR 50 each week
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 3 spacious bedrooms-suites, all with double beds. In one bedroom there is a sofa bed on the ground floor and the double bed on the first floor. The sofa bed can be used upon request. High quality mattresses, nice design elements and lights makes every bedroom into a comfortable and particular interesting space.
- All bedrooms have private bathrooms, perfectly designed into the bedroom space. The bathrooms are beautifully designed.
- The owners spent a lot of attention to the kitchen. High quality appliances and everything available for the experienced cook.
- The main living room is the central part of the house, with a high ceiling up to the beams of the roof. The iron staircase to the top floor bedroom, postioned in front of the painted stone exposed wall, is an important element in this room. In front of the old fireplace a large comfortable sofa is the ideal area to relax. The Knoll dining table with Umbrian hand made dining chairs is a very nice place to sit at.
- Other rooms
- The laundry with washingmachine and dryer can be found in the downstairs area.
- Extensive cleaning will be done once a week on Saturday. During the week a small cleaning will be performed. Cleaning is included in the rental price. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Private pool, Shared pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility, although there are 2 bedrooms on the ground floor.
- The pool (14 x 4 meters) is situated 2 steps from the house in the olive grove next to the Summer house of the owners. During the guest's stay the pool will be for exclusive use of the guests of Ponte Felcino. The owners can be in their Summer house as well during guest's stay; but the privacy of the guests will be guaranteed at all times. Around the house are many hectares of land with olive trees, fruit trees and forest.
Perugia city center is 5 kms away from the villa. Perugia is the regional capital of Umbria with a large university, a lot of activities are organized all year through. The main street, the Corso Vanucci, and the main square, 4 Novembre, are not to be missed!
- In Ponte Felcino and Ponte Rio (5 minutes drive) you can buy the basic supplies (bread, meat, vegetables etc). At the exit of the motor way two good supermarkets are ideal for shopping before driving back to the villa.
- Lake Trasimeno (45 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is nice to visit. Nice towns are castiglione del Lago, Tuoro sul Trasimeno and Passignano sul Trasimeno. Golf Club Perugia (18 holes)is a 20 minutes drive. The beaches near Ancona are a 2 hours away.
- All kind of activities can be arranged upon request.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (13 km) with direct flights with Ryanair from London Stansted, Brussels and Frankfurt, Rome Fiumicino (200 km) and Ciampino (192 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (167 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is Ponte Felcino. The train station of Perugia is near with fast connection (3 hours) to Milan.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Foligno (35 km), Spoleto (60 km), Assisi (25 km), Spello (30 km) Montefalco/Bevagna (40 km), Todi (50 km), Cortona (50 km)