- Umbria, Perugia area
- Medieval tower transformed into a luxury villa with pool and garden near Città di Castello.
- Area Map - Route
Click here to see via Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
Luxurious boutique style villa for 10-12 guests.
High in the Umbrian hills in central Italy, two well known British designers have painstakingly restored a medieval building that in its time has served as a prison, a convent, a school and a hotel.The building itself had been derelict for over 45 years and part of it was in a state of collapse.
It comprises of three medieval towers, which had originally been individual palaces that date from the 1500s. After acquiring all the relevant permissions; a painstaking and slow process since it is listed as a Grade A listed monument (The same grade as the Coliseum in Rome), the restoration process itself took less than a year to complete; The result is beautiful, sensitively restored home that clings to the edge of the hill. With its original 500-year-old Terracotta floor and 13ft-high beamed ceilings. A dramatic chandelier dominates the central stairwell, with its original 500-year-old iron balustrade.
The panoramically positioned swimming pool (700 metres above sea level) is lined with green Italian marble and the surrounding paved area is in Travertine.
From the garden an exterior staircase climbs to the main entrance. What were once a series of dungeons are now a rustic kitchen and dining area. There are three en suite bedrooms and a library on the floor above; climb another flight of stairs and there is a second larger kitchen, living and dining areas, and a study as well as a spacious 60 square meter terrace with stunning views stretching over 100 kilometres in the distance.
There is also a second entrance on this floor that leads out to a higher part of the village.
One further floor has space for another three en suite bedrooms. The perfect base for discovering Umbria with all its magical views of hidden dells and magnificent peaks.
Located between the world-renowned cultural cities of Florence, Assisi and Perugia, with Siena and cortona just an hour away and utterly fabulous breath taking views.
As the villa is built on a hill, there are two accesses: one through the village with car parking available at approx. 50 meters; and a street access via a stone cobbled courtyard which leads to the garden and from there to the 2nd lower floor. Located between the world-renowned centres of Florence, Assisi & Perugia, it is on the cusp between Tuscany and Umbria so that culture and art surround you.
Tiberina can also be the place for your dream wedding! The owner can organize all aspects of your wedding, for which the whole town can be used!
Listed in the UK Magazine House and Garden as one of the places to be in 2018.
- Why this is Special
- The two owners created a piece of paradise in this medieval town. You will be treated and feel like a king here!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 7.100; Mid Season EUR 6.175; Low Season EUR 5.100
- High season. 23 June - 8 September 2018;
Mid season. 26 May - 23 June 2018 & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low season. All other months
Cleaning included in rental price. Every moring the house will be 'opened' by the property manager: Pool ready, cushions outside, garbish collection. No extra cleaning, only on request.
Security deposit: EUR 1.500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot: first one complimantory/ second one EUR 65,00 per week
Dog: EUR 155,00 per week
Heating during winter months: per Kw used
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- 5 bedrooms in total: Panoramic Suite: 30 sqm bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower) and dressing room; Twin bedroom, en-suite bathroom; Star Suite: double bedroom, en-suite bathroom (shower) and separate dressing room ; Twin bedroom with adjacent bathroom (tub & shower); Double bedroom with four poster bed, en-suite bathroom (shower). Only for special occasions the private suite of the owners can be offered as well for an additional price.
- 5 bathrooms of which 4 are en-suite. All very comfortable designed with particular design in every bathroom, beautiful towels and soaps.
- Ground floor: Large fully equipped kitchen with living area, facing the outside terrace. 2nd lower floor: Professional kitchen with dining area
- The house has 2 living rooms with comfortable sofa's upholstered with fabrics designed by the owners. There is also a lovely library, a TV room and an office where guests can work or write undisturbed.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning is included in the rental price. Every morning the property manager will 'open' the house: Pool will be ready, cushions outisde, garbish collection etc.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- The Garden & Pool Area with a small pool (6 x 3 m) made out of green marble, loungers and sun umbrellas. A path walks down into the garden on top of the town wall. The main terrace (60 sqm) is accessed from the villa (kitchen area) via two sets of double doors and is south-facing. It is ideal for breakfast and includes contemporary loungers, parasols, seating and dining areas along with shade and privacy with subtle bamboo planting. It boasts magnificent views across the valley and Umbrian mountains. This is the perfect place to be, on top of the world!
- Weddings and Special Celebrations: For a discerning couple, Tiberina‘s ambience is both sophisticated & unique like no other, a totally different wedding experience based upon a new concept for celebrating your special day, organized by the owners togeter with the neighbours of the village. Setting itself apart from other wedding venues, Tberina and its surrounding hamlet and villagers welcomes the bride and groom in unison and places at their disposal the possibility of using any of the wonderful buildings there; whether the medieval castle is preferred, or a private palace, with secret spaces and hidden gardens as well as its own exquisite church. All are especially opened and made uniquely available. All within walking distance, no cars or ferrying of guests to and fro. No other wedding venues offer the same scope as LTAM. The entire medieval jewel that is Monte Santa Maria Tiberina will be only for you during your special day.
Città di Castello is a wonderful lively province town on the border with Tuscany. This will be 15kms away. The surrounding area is perfect for hiking and biking.
- The first shops are 3kms away from the villa. in town is a small grocery store and also a very good very local restraurant.
- There is a Robert Trent-Jones designed golf course some 30 mins away at Antagnola. It is in a lovely setting with a castle overlooking the course. There is an excellent restaurant in the club house and all the staff are friendly and very helpful.
- The housekeeper, fluently in English, will be your concierge during your stay and will organize everything you like, including cooking, professional massages, Guided walking tours, laundry service etc.
- Monterchi 12 km/7 miles Citta di Castello 15 km/9 miles Montone 30 Km/18 miles Arezzo 40 km/25 miles. Perugia 45 km/28 miles Cortona 50 km/31 miles Assissi 50 km/30 miles Gubbio 53 km/ 33 miles Fashion Outlets 55 km/35 miles Florence 70 km/43 miles Urbino 80 km/ 50 miles Sienna 111 km/ 69 miles Airports and trains Perugia airport 45km/28miles Florence airport 130km/81 miles. Pisa airport 194km/120miles Rome Fiumicino 254km/158miles Trains: Citta di Castello 15km/9miles. Also Mainlines go to Arezzo
- Main cities are within 1 to 2 hour reach: Perugia (40 minutes), Assisi (45 minutes), Arezzo (50 minutes), Florence and Siena (both 90 minutes).