- Umbria, Città di Castello area
- Cosy 'Seventies' villa for 2 with private pool between Umbertide and Città di Castello, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to see in Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
Villa Morra is a wonderful ‘Arty’ villa for 2 in a 19th-century old barn furnished in 20th-century style, with huge views, ancient forests and peace and quietness.
Found in the rolling hills on the border with Tuscany, this villa is the ideal place to stay ‘just the 2 of you together’. If you like you can bring 1 small child. Villa Morra is the perfect place to come and sit and snooze and never be tickled by the desire to leave. Situated just above the Upper Tiber valley amongst ancient woodland, it’s reached via de breathtaking journey through the mountains. You are surrounded by acres of private garden, timeless views and you own private pool. It’s staggeringly beautiful and heaven for those who wish to shake the city from their hair.
This 19th-century 1 bedroom building has been renovated with true style: huge windows frame the view and fabulous 20th-century designer pieces adorn the open-plan interior. On your terrace, take a deep breath, relax and feel part of the ancient wood itself. Fig trees stand on the hill, a Bocce court (ball play) is shrouded in the vines and those who want to explore this undiscovered part of Umbria can hire scooters which will take them up into the hills.
Villa Morra is perfectly located for easy access to all the beautiful things that Umbria and Tuscany have to offer. From the amazing frescos of Piero della Francesca to the abstract world of Alberto Burri, the stunning towns of Citta di Castello, Cortona, Gubbio, Montone and Perugia are all within easy reach.
- Why this is Special
- Unique villa for 2 with private pool, which you won't find somewhere else. Wonderful truly design classic!
- What our clients say
Abi & Alex, July 2017: We had an absolutely wonderful stay in Villa Morra. The host was amazing and so helpful and friendly and prepared us a lovely breakfast each morning, as well as helping us to book restaurants and suggest local places to visit. The villa itself was spacious and stylish. The pool was fantastic and outside space was extremely peaceful and relaxing. We would highly recommend others to book and will hopefully return there again ourselves in the future!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 1.925,00 + every night extra EUR 275,00 (incl. breakfast); Mid Season EUR 1.855,00 + every extra day EUR 265,00 (incl. breakfast)
High Season: 16 June 2018 till 15 September 2018
Mid Season: 2 June 2018 till 16 June 2018 & 15 September 2018 till 27 Ocotber 2018
All prices are based on 2 persons
Cleaning is included in the rental price.
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Rates don’t include central heating or fire wood.
All guests receive a lovely hand made bottle of wine on arrival.
Extra bed for one child can be added.
The villa is closed till 14 April 2018
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- The bedroom is part of the open-space living room and gives access to the pool.
- One private bathroom with modern fittings.
- There is a fully equipped kitchen in the basement.
- The living/bedroom is a loft style open-space area with direct access to the pool terrace. The owners are collecting modern furniture for 20,30 years already. In the villa there is a prototype by Tom Dixon, some Eames chairs, a Scandinavian ‘60s teak table, little bits of Joe Colombo, some early pieces of Sir Terence Conrand and an original poster from the first tour of the Sex Pistols. This all combined with the traditional building makes it a wonderful combination in which you will feel at home.
- Other rooms
- The fully equipped kitchen, dining area and bathroom are located in the basement.
- Cleaning is included in the rental price.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Cable tv, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- The house is part of a wonderful natural garden with big trees, lawns, different terraces and a vineyard. There is an al fresco eating area and a BBQ. There are two double doors from the first floor that opens onto the terrace and private pool. This is 9m x 5m and has a black liner. The pool has a salt water filter system. Outside is a Bocce court and table tennis.
- Your breakfast will be prepared every morning by the owner, who lives next to the villa. There is a lovely dog walking around, very sweet, who will come over and say 'hello'.
Here you are in the heart of the unspoilt Umbria. You can walk for hours in the woods and the hills enjoying pure nature.
- The first shops are 3kms away from the villa.
- There is a Robert Trent-Jones designed golf course some 30 mins away at Antagnola. It is in a lovely setting with a castle overlooking the course. There is an excellent restaurant in the club house and all the staff are friendly and very helpful.
- All kind of activities, can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- The nearest airport is Perugia which is approx. 35 mins by car. Currently Ryan Air fly from Brussels, London and Dusseldorf Weeze. As there are hardly any other flights into Perugia the transfer is always speedy. Other airports to consider are Bologna, Rimini and Ancona who are all approx. 2 hours away. Pisa and Rome are approx. 2.5 hours away depending on the traffic.
- Main cities are within 1 to 2 hour reach: Perugia (40 minutes), Assisi (45 minutes), Arezzo (50 minutes), Florence and Siena (both 90 minutes).