- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Uniquely restored high quality villa in one of the best spots in Umbria, Castel Rigone, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
This wonderful restored old farm for 8 guests is an ideal holiday location in the middle of Umbria, not far from the Lake Trasimeno.
Villa Rigone sits on a mountain side, has two stories joined by an outside staircase, and is app. 550 m2. Its tall stone façades rise to a spectacular view of the valley of Magione and surrounded of mountains and forest reservations as long as the eye can see. The rebuilding of Villa Rigone started in 1997 and was completed in 2001. Local craftsmen have complied with strict regulations to preserve the original and authentic character, using stones from the fields and old oak beams including the massive staircase to the first floor. In front of the house there is 300 m2 terrace in different levels with a 40 m2 covered dining and grill area in front of the kitchen. The villa is part of a large park with nice lawns and gardens. In the evening there is outdoor lighting in different areas. Villa Rigone accommodates eight people in rustic Italian authenticity.
- Why this is Special
- This is a very pure authentic Umbrian farm with fantastic views, which is the answer to the real Italian country life!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 2.450; Mid Season EUR 2.950; High Season EUR 3.450; Peak season EUR 3.950
Peak Season: 30 June - 1 September 2018
High Season: 26 May - 30 June 2018
Mid Season: 24 March - 26 May 2018 & 1 September - 6 October 2018
Low Season: 30 December 2017 - 24 March 2018 & 6 October - 31 December 2018
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Heating costs (in off season): EUR 25 each day.
Dog: EUR 100 per week
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 4 very spacious bedrooms, all double beds. 3 bedrooms: 180 x 200cm and 1 bedroom 160 x 200cm. There is also one extra bed of 90 x 200cm. All bedrooms are light, some with fireplace and lovely views from the windows. There are mosquito nets in every bedroom.
- 4 very comfortable bathrooms, traditionally decorated and modern fittings.
- Very well equipped kitchen part of the living area and with direct access to the roof covered terrace. On the terrace is also a high quality outdoor kitchen/BBQ.
- There are many sitting areas in the house. A very spacious living room with comfortable sofas, a bar area near the fireplace, a dining area in the old barn surrounded by large windows and a stting area on the first floor. The house is very spacious. 550 sqm in total.
- Other rooms
- There is a seperate washing area with washing machine, dryer and marble sink.
- Extensive cleaning will be done once a week on Saturday. On Wednesday a small cleaning will be done. Cleaning is included in the rental price. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- The pool and the pool house are located on a shelf on its own at a slightly higher level in the garden, with stairs from the terrace, again with an unspoiled view over the mountains and the valley. The pool is 7 x 14 meters, surrounded by a sun area with sun beds and tables. The pool house has a wonderful lounge area with comfortable cushions. The villa was originally a small hamlet and was transformed into 2 separate private buildings. Next to the villa is another property, not a rental property and owned by an older couple, which can make use of the same pool as well. In general the pool will be used only by the guests in Villa Rigone. The garden is wonderful. There are different terraces with chairs and tables within the large garden/park around the house.
- The Property Manager is living nearby and will be available for the clients during their stay. He is responsible for the garden management and the pool. He also loves to cook for the guests.
The villa is 15 minutes away by car from the Lake Trasimeno where all kind of watersport activities can be done. The villa itself is positioned in the green Umbrian hills with vast views all around. Ideal for making long walks or mountain biking.
- In Castel Rigone you can buy the basic supplies (bread, meat, vegetables etc). Supermarkets in Magione and Passignano sul Trasimeno.
- Lake Trasimeno (10 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is in the next valley, near Tuoro sul Trasimeno and Passignano sul Trasimeno. Golf courses are near Panicarola (38 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (40 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged upon request. Cooking can be done by the young property manager.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Ancona International Airport (165 km), Rome Fiumicino (250 km) and Ciampino (235 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (150 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (215 km); nearest Motorway exit is at Tuoro sul Trasimeno (12 km; N75/E45) for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence; in the direction Umbertide (23 km) one will find the N3bis/E45 towards the Adriatic coast northbound and to Perugia southbound. Near the train stations of Terontola (23 km) as well as the one in Umbertide one will find car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (50 km), Castiglione del Lago (28 km), Arezzo (50 Km), Citta di Castello (40 km), Siena (88 km), Florence (120 km), Perugia (45 km), Gubbio (53 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (110 km), Spoleto (105 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (95 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (65 km) and of course Rome (230 km).