- Umbria, Todi area
- New built country house south of Todi in Campo Rinaldo, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps
For more pictures click here.
Villa Rinaldo, on a short distance from Todi, is a comfortable villa for 8 guests positioned on a small hill surrounded by olive trees and 360 degree stunning view. A perfect place for a family holiday in the hearth of Umbria.
Once a farm, 10 years ago beautifully rebuilt by its Dutch owners and designed by the well-known Roman architect Giorgio Leoni, based upon the principle of building in a regional style but also giving room to the wish of much outdoor light coming into the house. Villa Rinaldo feels very spacious and light. The result is a comfortable, traditional villa with modern elements with several living areas with open fires, terraces, 2 different patio's, well kept gardens with endless lawns and a 3.5. ha olive grove. The perfume of lavender, wisteria, rosemary and yellow broom, ‘the queen of Umbria’, will follow you according to the season where ever you go.
The pool, with covered porch area, is absolutely perfect. There is a toddler area in the water where small children can play. Also on the endless lawns it's ideal to play, or just lay down and enjoy the surroundings.
Note: In 2017 the interior of the house was adjusted, in order to make it an even more attractive and comfortable place. New pictures of the outside will be made in Spring 2018.
- Why this is Special
- The position of this house with beautiful garden and olive trees together with the the outside terraces and pool area makes this house a perfect place to stay.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season: EUR 4.350; Mid Season: EUR 3.450; Low Season: EUR 2.490.
High Season: 8 June 2018 - 1 September 2018
Mid Season: 1 September 2018 - 29 September 2018
Low Season: 29 September 2018 - 5 January 2019
Cleaning costs inclusive, including a mid week cleaning
Extra cleaning: EUR 10 each hour
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.On request and at additional cost:
Cooking service, Babysitting, Excursions, Transfer service from and to the airport, Bikes, Horse riding, Firewood.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM; different days upon request.
- Save or share
- In total 4 bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. On the ground floor are 2 double bedrooms. Both can be made up as twins (on request); On the first floor is an attic double bedroom; In the basement is a double bedroom.
- 4 en-suite bathrooms all with shower. The bathroom on the first floor has a bath tub.
- Open plan kitchen / dining area in traditional Umbrian style in white, grey colors. Large dining table, part of the kitchen area in front of a fireplace. Kitchen and dining area open up to the porched terrace on one side and an outside sofa area in front of an outside fireplace on the other side.
- 2 steps down from the kitchen / dining area the sitting room with comfortable sofa's, large glass windows and fireplace is the perfect area to relax.
- Other rooms
- The washing machine and dryer can be found in the basement.
- Cleaning will be done twice a week. Large cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility, although there are 2 bedrooms on the ground floor.
- The pool, positioned below the house in the olive grove is 16 x 4 meters. The depth goes from 1.25 meters to 1.50 meters. There is a connected inbuilt babypool for toddlers, deep 25 cm. There is a large terrace, most of it covered by a pergola, with a sitting area and a dining area. Pool towels will be provide provided.
- WIFI internet coverage in and outside the property. Note: In Spring 2017 the interior of the house will be updated in order to make it an even more attractive and comfortable place. Bookings as of the 9th of June. Pictures will be updated around that time as well.
Todi is a wonderful old town, very lively, on 10 minutes by car (12 kms). Here you will find all services, also for daily shopping.
There is a small supermarket on 3 kms in Collelungo. A baker can be found in Izzallini, which is 5 kms away.
You can visit the wine museum near the vineyards of Torgiano and buy hand painted ceramics at any number of shops in nearby Deruta. You can savor the celebrated red wines of Montefalco and buy the richly textured Umbrian traditional linens available at several shops in Todi itself.
For the more athletically inclined, jogging up and down the hills around around the property provides a most vigorous workout, that is, if doing laps in the pool isn't already enough; but for the best recreation of all visit the restaurants, pizzerias and gelaterias of Todi. They are wonderful enough to entice you back many times for the duration of your stay.
- The first small shops will be on 3-5 kms away from the property. There is a very good local cheese shop on 2.5 kms.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property.
- Cooking can be organized by an experienced Italian Chef, but also the local property manager can come to the villa and cook local dishes.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Rome Fiumicino (148 km) and Ciampino (128 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (210 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is in Todi (12 km) for Rome, Perugia and Florence; the train station of Todi is near and in Todi also car rentals are available.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (90 km), Castiglione del Lago (95 km), Cortona (100 km), Siena (150 km), Florence (190 km), Perugia (55 km), Gubbio (90 km), Orvieto (35 km), Spoleto (55 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (55 km), Deruta (35 km), Assisi (66 km) and of course Rome (120 km).