- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Newly built apartment with unique interior and large swimming pool in Piegaro, Italy
- Area Map - Route
click here to view in Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
The price for this wonderful apartment is very negotiable right now!
This newly built apartment was finished in May 2012. Apartment PIAZZA was built under own management of Special Umbria.
In Piegaro, on the border with Tuscany and near Lake Trasimeno, this traditional large country house is divided into 4 apartments. The building is beautifully positioned with amazing views towards Tuscany. Two large pools (each 6 x 12 meters), just below the house are part of a vineyard, which belongs to the property. Every apartment shares one pool with only one other apartment.
Apartment PIAZZA is a lovely apartment for 4 guests. It consists of 2 bedrooms with open bathrooms and a separate WC, a cosy living/cooking area, a covered terrace and a private garden with a lot of space and an extra covered sitting area.
The interior of apartment PIAZZA is one of a kind and truly different from what you will normally find in an ordinary holiday apartment. The style can be described as 'shabby chique'. Old looking furniture is combined with modern design and industrial lightning. Old wood has an important role in the entire design, as well as colors, which will be found in the fabrics you will see all around the apartment. The kitchen is very well equipped with a Smeg stove and stand alone colored Smeg fridge. Cooking lovers can enjoy themselves a lot!
The building is dominantly positioned halfway an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away where the A1 Motorway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 minutes drive.
This is absolutely something different you won't see anywhere else in Umbria!
- Why this is Special
- This is what an apartment should be: The feeling of having your own private villa and at the same time being part of a luxurious small complex, with a maximum of privacy and comfort.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- Inside: 127 gross sqm including porch and terrace; outside: approximately 275 sqm private garden plus approximately 1600 sqm condominial garden and pool area.
- Rental Potential
- 13-15 weeks per year; the property enjoys very interesting rental revenues enabled by a full running property management and rental package serviced by SpecialUmbria that can easily be taken over by the buyer.
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- The 2 bedrooms have iron wrought and wooden beds, made by local craftsmen. High quality bed linen (Egyptian cotton), colorful blankets (Missoni Home collection) and industrial lighting.
- The bathrooms are part of the bedrooms. All fittings are latest design. The bathroom corner has a particular design: mirror in old wood, sink table in wood combined with modern fittings. The toilet is positioned seperately on the corridor.
- The kitchen is made in local style, with old wooden doors and marble top. Large Smeg stove, dishwasher and colored Smeg fridge. Extra attention has been paid to sufficient working space as well as a lot of equipment to enjoy Italian cooking by yourself.
- The living area has a comfortable sofa and comfortable chairs, recolored blu carpet and nice industrial lightning. There is an old wooden dining table with modern style chairs (Eames). Particular furniture and decorations. There is underfloor heating in the whole apartment.
- Other rooms
- A private washing machine and dryer are available in a separate private storage room in the basement of the building.
- Amenities: Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- Every 2 apartments have their own shared pool (6 x 12 meters) positioned next to the large vineyard overlooking the whole area towards Tuscany.
- Direct Environment
- A couple of other properties in the same style and quality are at comfortable distance on one side of the house where at other two sides a very quiet local access road is located. In the front of the property seemly endless vineyards and olive groves are neighbouring including vast views! The local access roads takes approximately 700 meters to the asphalted road to the town of Piegaro which is another 2,5 kms.
- Property Management
- The property has been under full time property management by SpecialUmbria, until mid 2015, which can be continued after the sale. Find more information in the separate services section of the website.
- Class C
- The property is connected to comunal water, electricity, gas and mains as well as a condominial system of supply of irrigation water. The property benefits from the production of electricity via a condominial photovoltaic system. Electrical and hydraulic installations (including underfloor cooling and heating system, water softener, water pressure system and full automatic garden irrigation system) are in optimal condition.
- Flat wireless internet access is hooked up; inside and outside furniture is for sale at a separate price of EUR 30.000(very negotiable!); This property is currently also for rent. The owner has committed himself to respect all currently taken short term rental agreements before selling the property. Please inform with SpecialUmbria for the latest updates on this. After the sale rentals can be continued if desired.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).