- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Fully to be restored small farmhouse with annexes between Pratalenza and Greppolischieto in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
This very nice ancient small farmhouse complex claimed to date back to the 1500-1600s is situated in the green hills surrounding Lake Trasimeno. In the State Archives the current owners found evidence that in 1859, when the region of Umbria was still Papal State, it belonged to the Marquis Geremia Misciatelli Mocenigo Soranzo (one of the descendants is currently an active wine producer from his Castle of Montegiove closeby).
The property is located in the council of Piegaro, halfway the hamlets Ponnibiale/San Martino/Pratalenza and the medieval Castle of Greppolischieto. The house is completely independent and may be reached via a well maintained asphalt road where the final track is gravel in good condition.
The completely to be restored property consists of three buildings: main, majestic and imposing building on 3 levels, first annex totally on one single floor plus a second annex.
Once acquired this property, SpecialUmbria can offer turn key solutions for this farmhouse and its annex with private swimming pool, fully designed and modelled to your own wishes. The entire process from restoration plan up to and including full completion may take 1 to 1,5 years. Since 2008 SpecialUmbria has developed several similar top quality villas and apartments in the same area (see the rental section of this website for the profiles): Casa Bellaria, Casa Azzurra, Casa Boronia, Casa Il Sogno, Casa Refogliano and Apartments L'Arco, Granaio, Podere Posabile, Pazzo, Piazza and Pozza.
This is a place with unique characteristics: vast views on the green, Umbrian hillsides without any disturbing elements, not isolated but with a lot of privacy, close to a village and several facilities.
- Why this is Special
- Very privately located spot with vast and very beautiful panoramic views towards a green valley in the hills surrounding Lake Trasimeno.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- inside: 495 sqm (main house) + 50 sqm (first annex) + 150 sqm (second annex) = 695 sqm; plus another 100 sqm extra building allowance is available. outside: approximately 1 ha (10.000 sqm).
- Rental Potential
- 12-15 weeks per property after completion.
- EUR 200.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- The number, layout and design of the bedrooms can be fully decided by the buyer.
- The number, layout and design of the bathrooms can be fully decided by the buyer.
- The number, layout and design of the kitchens can be fully decided by the buyer.
- The number, layout and design of the living rooms can be fully decided by the buyer.
- Other rooms
- The number, layout and design of all other rooms (like wine cellar, technical and utility areas, wardrobes, etc.) can be fully decided by the buyer.
- Further landscaping can be done during the buildings works. It is allowed to build a private swimming pool next to the house.
- Direct Environment
- The property is fully privately located halfway the hamlets of Pratalenza/San Martino/Ponibbiale as well as the fortified hamlet of Greppolischieto, easily to be reached via asphalted road going up from Piegaro with the last approximate 2.5 km well maintained gravel road. Backed by forests the property has wide views over a perfect green valley.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can look after every step from acquisition to completion, interior and exterior design. Upon completion SpecialUmbria can offer full property management and rental service all year through for this property. You can find more information in the separate section 'Property Services' on this website.
- Class to be decided at the start of the restoration/renovation project
- Main electricity network passes near the property; water supply from a private well as well as septic and gas tank will need to be installed during the restoration works. The realisation of alternative energy sources (like solar and photovoltaic panels) is possible but not mandatory.
- The asking selling price refers to the entire property in its current state as described above in this profile.
The Lake Trasimeno is approximately 29 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (6,5 km) and other important towns are Città della Pieve (17 km), Paciano (22 km) and Panicale (17 km). From this property one can make long walks, hikes and bicycle tours.
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (13 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve (17 km).
- Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details: * cities and touring * events and festivals * food and wine * nature and sports
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (24 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (29 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (26 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).