- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Città della Pieve, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view in Google maps
This typical farmhouse on three floors on the border between Tuscany and Umbria was carefully restored in 2011. It is surrounded by several outbuildings in a good state. The main house is built of local stone and brick and is surrounded by a "court" of about 1,500 square meters. This includes two (approximately 400 sqm and 100 sqm) manicured lawns provided with an automatic irrigation system, a terrace of 25 sqm made of wooden flooring, which offers a magnificent view on Mount Cetona, the surrounding hills, terraces, various flowers, herbs and a small vegetable garden. Several hedges and St Andrew crossed wooden fences surrounding the house and the court as well as the surrounding countryside.
The attention to detail was almost manic, so much that the whole lawn is finished with an almost invisible border in iron, which perfectly delimits the bordering terraces in gravel. A special mention deserves the tiles that form the border of the tiles and the bathroom mirror on the second floor and the covering of the kitchen. The windows are in chestnut and all windows and doors on the ground floor have railings made in the style of country houses. Screens on all windows and window doors and fans in all rooms.
The house hosts a couple of unique features. An old cave located under the gravel court can be seen, lit by a crescent of glass and iron in the living room, and may be accessed through a trap door in wood, made for the purpose, along with the original stairs that remained in place. Also, in front of the main house is a restored area of annexes including an old oven, which has become the "pizzeria". This pizzeria can be accessed through a large iron and glass door where the entire glass part is painted by an original artist from the area.
The extreme care and rationality in the realization of the entire exterior, the court and the countryside, allows easy maintenance with little equipment. Please inform for more pictures.
After a high energy performance project, the house features now a pellet boiler which sustains the power supply for the whole house.
- Why this is Special
- A nicely restored and really perfectly well kept farmhouse with beautiful garden and fabulous panoramic views.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- Inside: approximately 270 gross sqm + approximately 300 sqm of outbuildings + another 100 sqm of building allowance; outside: approximately 2,5 hectares (25.000 sqm) of land.
- Rental Potential
- 13-15 weeks per year
- EUR 980.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- In total the house has six bedrooms: four on the first floor level and two on the second floor. One bedroom has an en suite bathroom.
- In total there are four bathrooms, of which two on the first floor (of which one en suite) and one on the second floor plus another one on the ground floor level near the kitchen. All are fully equipped with taps and sanitary of the best brands including glass walled showers.
- The semi-open kitchen is included in the asking price. It has furniture and appliances of the German brand "Miele", one of the most prestigious in the market. One can find a ceramic hob non-standard size (75x50), convection oven, microwave, dishwasher, extractor hood and filter in steel and glass. The work top of the kitchen is in fine granite Brazilian "green maritaca" thick 4 cm. In front of the kitchen is a dining/reception area that is open to the living room.
- In the living room one can find a wood stove, made from refractory material and steel brazier and hand painted by an ancient Tuscan oven builder. It is placed in front of a local stone exposed wall, chosen in a local quarry by the owner, including a built in bookcase with glass shelves. The entrance of the chimney is at the back of the stove, so as not to disturb the pleasure of its inclusion in the environment.
- Other rooms
- The property has several outbuildings that are located in the near vicinity of the main house: * pigsty (30 sqm); * storage (43 sqm); * wine cellar including cave, pizza oven area and boiler room (55 sqm); * annex on two floors (2 x 42 sqm); * warehouse (73 sqm); * covered terrace/shed (46 sqm); A currently torn down shed is allowed to be restored. Over the regular building allowance of 100 sqm as an extension to the main house, the regional law allows volumes (m3) of eventual unused and to be demolished outbuildings to be used for the construction of another building with living space equal to the demolished volume.
- Amenities: Cable tv, Satellite tv, Central heating, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The whole house is surrounded by old terracotta footpaths and terraces of which a wider area (35 sqm) is home to the outdoor dining area. Recently a private swimming pool has been built with dimensions of 8,50 x 3,50 mt. The court is accessible through a wrought iron gate made of an exclusive design suitable for vehicles to enter the premises. A separate gravel parking nicely fenced by hedges can be accessed via a ramp located outside the gate, in order to keep the cars out of sight. A cypress avenue leads to the countryside and a small road leads toward the woods. Even the parking lot is finished with an edge in iron. Recently a led pergola has been installed, fully automatic which is located in front of the pool. In the heart of one of the lawns, on a teak flooring, a large Jacuzzi bathtub is installed. Due to its advanced technology, it can be defined as "mini spa", equipped with heating and air ozone sanitizing. There's also a solar shower. In addition to the court, with about 80 olive trees in full production, there are many plants, woods of just under a hectare, green terraces and about 2.500 sqm of a vineyard that has been extirpated due to its age, but that can be replanted. The forest is totally "clean", which means that specialists have cut and removed old plants with the authorization of the local authorities.
- Direct Environment
- The entire property is immersed in the green hill side of the Valdichiana valley. Some neighbouring properties located at the same local road are at a good distance.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can offer a full package of property management services all year through for this property. See the section 'Property Services' on this website.
- Class A 3
- The water supply is assured, in addition to the connection to the city water supply, restored through an ancient cistern that collects rainwater with a capacity of 40,000 litres and a new underground tank of 10,000 litres. Both are fed in an automatic way, through a series of pumps, from a water source on the property. The heating and production of hot water are powered by a just added pellet boiler. The boiler is totally electronic and automated and the ash brazier can be cleaned 2/3 times a year in a very simple way. The pellet tank contains 10 quintals of pellets. When it is empty, it is taken by the person who installed the boiler, which is 1 km away from the house and replaced with a full tank. In the meantime, the service tank enters in operation in order not to stop the heating and hot water supply. In the utility room, there is also a water softener as well as a 500-liter reservoir of drinking water.
- The current asking sales price refers to the property in its current state as described in this profile, including kitchen and sanitary equipment in the bathrooms. All inside and outside furniture is for sale at any separate acceptable price offer. Until the end of 2015 the owner has a special offer regarding furniture. Please inform with SpecialUmbria for the details.
The house is located in the countryside of Città della Pieve, about 4 km from the village and is accessed from the main asphalt road along a 1.5 km municipal gravel road which maintenance is the responsibility of the Council of Città della Pieve. The motorway and the railway station of Fabro are at about 8 km distance.
- Citta della Pieve has a large offering of (fresh food) shops, bars and restaurants, pharmacy, gas stations, churches as well as a weekly partly open air (fresh) market on Saturday morning. The small and pretty town of Monteleone d'Orvieto has some basic facilities and is close by as well.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (53 km), Rome Fiumicino (185 km) and Ciampino (170 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (155 km); nearest A1 Motorway exit is at Chiusi (14 km) for Florence and Rome; international train station of Chiusi (10 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (35 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (94 km), Florence (132 km), Perugia (43 km), Gubbio (88 km), Todi (75 km), Orvieto (48 km), Spoleto (102 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (94 km), Deruta (58 km), Assisi (64 km) and of course Rome (170 km).