- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno-Umbertide area
- Carefully restored large farmhouse in privately secluded estate close to Perugia and Umbertide, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
Set in a clearing in open woodland and surrounded by ancient olive trees, Pasticcico is the most private and peaceful of havens.
Pasticcico is one of the villas on Racchiusole, a private gated estate of some 300 acres high in the rolling Umbrian hills. Derelict and abandoned when found, six former farmhouses have been lovingly restored into luxury villas. Pasticcico was designed and restored (2005) so as to maximise its child friendliness; lawns surround the house and the large pool has a wide tiled area all around it. Linked to the main pool, but separated by a small wooden bridge, there is a safe paddling pool.
Pasticcico has a large livingroom, kitchen and four bedrooms and bathrooms, all ensuite.
The estate is gated and hosts a tennis court for exclusive use to the estate's guests.
Please inform for more pictures
- Why this is Special
- Wide views from a typical Umbrian farmhouse located on private grounds of a secluded but far from remote estate in perfect conditions.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- inside: app. 300 sqm; outside: app. 1 ha (10.000 sqm).
- Rental Potential
- 12 - 15 weeks per year.
- EUR 1.100.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- 4 ensuite bathrooms, 1 seperate toilet
- Other rooms
- Fridge, Dishwasher, Central heating, Private pool, all in good condition.
- Swimming pool 12m x 6m plus toddler pool
- Direct Environment
- The acces gravel road of approximately 1.5 km (counted from the tarmac road) is in good state.
- Property Management
- Current residents at the estate offer full property services (including cleaning, garden and pool maintenance).
- Class: TBD
- The property has floor heating as well as a private well.
- The property is offered for sale in its current state as described in this profile; all present furniture is for sale at seperate offer. Shared maintenance consists of central gate/inner roads (app. EUR 300 to EUR 400) and tennis court (app. EUR 2.000 tennis club membership), where prices are listed per property per annum. This property is currently also for rent. The owners have committed themselves to respect all currently taken short term rental agreements before selling the property. After the sale rentals can be continued if desired.
Pasticcico is situated at 750 metres altitude in wooded hills and open meadows about 17 km south west of the town of Umbertide and 20 km north west of Perugia, the capital of Umbria. Happily, even on the hottest days, the breeze at this altitude makes air conditioning both unnecessary and unwanted.
- Nearest shops you can find in San Giovanni del Pantano (7 km) and wider offerings in Mantignana (10 km).
- Tennis – located centrally to the villas, our Astroturf court is a delight to play on. With such commanding views, a recent Canadian guest, who has played professionally all over the world, said he had never played on a finer court. Golf – the renowned Antognolla Championship Course, designed by Robert Trent-Jones (the Picasso of golf course designers) is only a few kilometres away. In a sensationally beautiful setting, it is a challenging course, so perhaps not ideal for novices although there are driving ranges and putting greens. Walking and running – Racchiusole has miles of its own tracks throughout the more than 300 acres, but don’t expect too much on the flat. Very close too are the reasonably straightforward Monte Acuto and Monte Tezio climbs. Slightly further afield there are many pre-planned walks throughout most of Umbria. Sailing – Lago di Trasimeno is described as the largest lake in the Italian peninsula (the northern lakes deemed to be outside the peninsula!). As well as being a fascinating place to visit, with many bars and restaurants, a sandy beach and island visits, sailing dinghies and windsurfers can be rented.
- Perugia International Airport, which is little more than half an hour away from Racchiusole. Airports at Rome, Pisa, Florence, Bologna and Ancona are all roughly two hours away. Wonderfully comfortable and fast trains link Perugia to Rome, Bologna, Milan, and other major cities throughout Europe. For information visit Trenitalia.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (50 km), Castiglione del Lago (28 km), Arezzo (50 Km), Citta di Castello (40 km), Siena (88 km), Florence (120 km), Perugia (30 km), Gubbio (53 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (110 km), Spoleto (105 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (75 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (65 km) and of course Rome (190 km).