- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Typical peasant house with annex dating back to the early 1900s, to be restored, close to Panicale, Umbrian-Tuscan border, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
This very nice former farmhouse with old annex originally built at the beginning of 1900, is situated in a very strategic position, which we have found very appealing. Very close to the beautiful town of Panicale, a true gem of Umbria rich in art and history, and almost at a walking distance from Tavernelle, rich in all kind of facilities.
The house, which is completely independent but not secluded, as some houses are in the neighbourhood, may be reached via a well-maintained road.
The property for sale is to be fully restored and spreads over 2 floors currently connected via an external staircase. At ground floor level we find the old stables, an old typical fireplace used in the past to bake the bread for the big family of the farmers and an old storage room. On the first floor, there is big kitchen with a big fireplace, three bedrooms and one bathroom. The annex, located in front of the house, can be used as a separate unit, or can be added to the main building upon restoration. The foresaid layout of the house can be fully changed according to a tailored restoration project.
The land outside allows creating a nice garden with pool, overlooking the small valley.
Volpaie is ideal for those seeking a home with older Umbrian peasant features, comfortable, completely independent but still very close to town.
- Why this is Special
- Very nice typical house with private land, strategically located, not far from villages.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- inside: 200 sqm (main house) + 10 sqm (annex); plus another 100 sqm extra building allowance is available. Outside: approximately 5500 sqm.
- Rental Potential
- 12-15 weeks per property after completion.
- EUR 220.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- Currently, there are 3 bedrooms on the first floor but the number, layout and design of the bedrooms can be fully decided by the buyer upon the restoration.
- Currently, it is present a bathroom, but the number, layout and design of the bathrooms can be fully decided by the buyer upon the restoration.
- Currently, present one kitchen on the first floor, but the number, layout and design of the kitchen (s) can be fully decided by the buyer.
- The number, layout and design of the living rooms can be fully decided by the buyer upon restoration.
- Other rooms
- The number, layout and design of all other rooms (like wine cellar, technical and utility areas, wardrobes, etc.) can be fully decided by the buyer upon restoration.
- Further landscaping and construction of swimming pool may be done upon restoration/building project. The road that currently passes in front of the house, can be moved further up, in order to gain more space in front of the house. The project to move the road has already been prepared and approved by the Council.
- Direct Environment
- The property is directly accessible via a well-maintained gravel road of approximately 300 mt, that one enters from the main asphalted road that is winding from the village of Tavernelle and continues for the town of Panicale. Some other houses are in the neighbourhood but without a direct view of the property.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can look after every step from acquisition to completion, interior and exterior design. Upon completion SpecialUmbria can offer full property management and rental service all year through for this property. You can find more information in the separate section 'Property Services' on this website.
- The house was inhabited since a few years ago, therefore all the systems are present, so water, electricity, gas, sewer system. They are already connected to the property but need further updating/renewal.
- The asking selling price refers to the entire property in its current state as described above in this profile. The expenses to move the road are not included in the selling price.
The Lake Trasimeno is approximately 29 km away. Nearest village is Tavernelle (2 km) and Panicale (5 km). Other important towns are Piegaro (8 km), Città della Pieve (16km), Castiglione del Lago (19 km). From this property one can make long walks, hikes and bicycle tours.
- Tavernelle is the closest town and although does not present an artistic and historical importance, is very well equipped with supermarkets, banks, post office, doctor, dentist and all those kinds of facilities that are very at hand during daily life.
- Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details: * cities and touring * events and festivals * food and wine * nature and sports
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (40 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (150 km); Pisa airport (200 km). The nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (24 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (29 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (26 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (40 km), Cortona (35 km), Siena (90 km), Florence (130 km), Perugia (30 km), Todi (50 km), Orvieto (54 km), Spoleto (90 km), Assisi (50 km) and of course Rome (160 km).