- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Newly built part of a country house with unique interior, spacious garden with Jacuzzi and shared pool in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures, click here.
POZZA is a newly built apartment (2012) under own management of Special Umbria and redesigned in 2017 .
In Piegaro, on the border with Tuscany and near Lake Trasimeno, this traditional large country house is divided into 4 apartments. The building is beautifully positioned with amazing views towards Tuscany. Two large pools (each 6 x 12 meters), just below the house are overlooking a nice vineyard. Every apartment shares one pool with only one other apartment.
POZZA is a lovely apartment for 6 guests all on the ground floor. It consists of 3 bedrooms with 3 en-suite bathrooms, a very spacious living/cooking area, a covered terrace and a spacious private garden with a wonderful Jacuzzi. There is a lot privacy which gives POZZA a real private villa feeling.
The interior of POZZA is one of a kind and truly different from what you will normally find in an ordinary holiday apartment. The style can be described as 'shabby chique'. Old looking furniture is combined with modern design and industrial lighting. Old wood has an important role in the entire design, as well as colors, which will be found in the fabrics you will see all around the apartment. The kitchen is very well equipped with a large Smeg stove and stand alone colored Smeg fridge. Cooking lovers can enjoy themselves a lot!
The building is dominantly positioned halfway an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away where the A1 Motorway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 minutes drive.
POZZA can be ideal as well for a 2 family holiday as the apartment above owned by the same owners, MAZZO, can be booked at the same time. Please see the profile for this house here. In this way you will have a private villa with private pool divided in 2 separate apartments, connected via an external stairs, for in total 12 guests (6 bedrooms).
This is absolutely something different you won't see anywhere else in Umbria!
POZZA as well as the shared areas are under exclusive fulttime property management by SpecialUmbria.
- Why this is Special
- The feeling of having your own private villa and at the same time being part of a luxurious small complex, with a maximum of privacy.
- What our clients say
April 2018 - Jan B. P.: "We spent a week at Pozza but soon realized that was not enough. The apartment was lovely (with a great view of a valley - particularly beautiful at sunset), great small towns and vineyards nearby. Everything regarding out stay was perfect."
June 2018 - Margo G.:'Pozza is totally awesome. What a great house! So beautiful and luxurious. And not to mention the view!
June 2018 - M. de B. - the Netherlands: 'Talking about luxury! We enjoyed ourselves so much in Pozza! A beautiful house really well equipped, super convenient with two children and with a magical view. We were lucky that we had the pool all to ourselves this week. The garden is really wonderful to play football, to sit, to read in and of course to have long dinners . "This house we keep in our hearth and we will take it back home in our minds", I can still hear myself saying it.'
July 2018 -Marion S.: 'What an amazing place! The surroundings are beautiful and the house truly wonderful. Beautifully designed and personally decorated. Maximum of privacy outside and the perfect kitchen to cook in. Really a ‘home away from home’. Thanks for the perfect recommendation.'
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 2.300, Mid Season EUR 1.950, Low Season EUR 1.300
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 150,00
Security deposit: EUR 250,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Jacuzzi is included in the rental price.
Poolheating (available from 1/9/2018): EUR 100 per week
Babycot: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- The 3 bedrooms have iron wrought and wooden beds, made by local craftsmen. High quality bed linen (Egyptian cotton), colorful blankets and industrial style lighting.
- 3 bathrooms, all en-suite. Shower walls and floors in resin, modern fittings. High quality towels, including pool towels are included in the rental price.
- The spacious kitchen is made in local style, with old wooden doors and marble top. Large Smeg stove, dishwasher and colored Smeg fridge. Special attention has been paid to sufficient working space to make sure that you can enjoy the best Italian cooking by yourself.
- The cosy living area has a comfortable sofa and comfortable chairs, recolored green carpet and nice industrial lighting. There is a large old wooden dining table with modern style chairs (Eames). Particular furniture and decorations. There is underfloor heating in the house. Wireless internet is included in the rental price.
- Other rooms
- A private washing machine and dryer are available in the utility room.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the apartment, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay.
- Amenities: Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- This apartment is accessible for less mobile guests.
- POZZA shares the pool only with Apartment MAZZO. The pool is 6 x 12 meters and is insulated with a cover which guarantees a higher water temperature. The pool overlooks the large vineyard just below the house with views over the whole valley towards Tuscany. For every guest there is a sun bed available near the pool. The garden is spacious and full of green. In front of the house the comfortable lounge set is the perfect setting for your apertive. The heated Jacuzzi is absolutely unique and will make your stay in POZZA even more special.
- In summer the baker will stop at the building twice a week. There is a Playstation 3 available on request and there is a Apple TV connection.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices). Special Umbria works closely together with a young Italian cook who can come to the apartment to cook for you.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).