- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Nicely tranquil located country house with large private swimming pool in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
This truly beautifully located country villa located in the unspoild Umbrian hills was finished beginning 2010 and completely redecorated in Summer 2017. The fully local stone exposed country house (6 sleeps) and large private swimming pool are located in the middle of a green area consisting of garden and active olive grove. The property is entirely privately positioned and has a large living room, handmade kitchen with large stove, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a stone exposed wine cellar / sittingroom. A large porch enjoys spectacular views to the towns of Panicale, Piegaro, Citta della Pieve and Lake Trasimeno with the Tuscan mountains in the back. Really special is the traditional Pizza oven with BBQ near the lower terrace of the house.
Casa Boronia is under Exclusive SpecialUmbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- This is what you expect from a holiday in Umbria: modern comfort in the middle of an Italian olive grove. In short: country luxury!
- What our clients say
Guido B. (the Netherlands), July 2018: 'We are regular guests at Special Umbria. Every year we celebrate our holiday in a different house. We keep coming back because we can not find that special mix of comfort, luxury and peace anywhere. Boronia is a lovely house, fully equipped. The bathrooms are beautiful and luxurious, the beds fine. Beautifully situated with a huge swimming pool. The area is quiet, but not completely isolated because there are a few other holiday homes about 100 meters away. The nice thing about Special Umbria is that if something does not work in the house, you just need to text and it will be arranged.'
Unni S. July 2018 (Norway): We are a family of five and had the best Italian vacation ever. The house was beautiful in the most charming surroundings. Our three girls (aged 6, 9 and 13 years) love swimming and spent most of the days in the pool. Our favourite event was having chef Angelo over for one evening - he prepared the most delicious Italian meal. The property is ideal for relaxing and enjoying the Italian summer. Within short distance there are interesting places to visit. Our favourite trip was a day in Assisi - an absolutely adoreble historic site - perfect for all ages.
We would love to come back to Casa Boronia!
Leslie S. (Canada), September 2017: Being able to enjoy a whole month at the ‘new’ Casa Boronia was simply amazing. The sofa in the living room was much more comfortable and we really enjoyed the new marble kitchen island for making pizza dough and homemade pasta. We were also able to enjoy the pool more this time than we did last May and went out almost every day exploring new hill towns.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 2.000,00; Christmas EUR 2.150,00.
Low Season: 29 September 2018 - 22 December 2018
Christmas: 22 December 2018 - 5 January 2019
High Season: 15 June - 14 September 2019: EUR 3.200
Mid Season: 25 May - 15 June & 14 September - 28 September 2019 & 21 December 2019 - 5 January 2020: EUR 2.900
Low Season: all other months: EUR 2.400
Babycot: EUR 75,00 per week
Dog: EUR 100,00 per stay
Extra bed (high quality): EUR 250 per week
Pool heating from 1 March 2018: EUR 125 per week
Wood (Pizza oven) per m3: EUR 75
Weekly cleaning: EUR 175,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM.
- Save or share
- 2 of the 3 luxurious bedrooms have a double bed. One bedroom has 2 single beds, which can be made into a double bed. 2 beds are made in wrought iron and 1 bed is locally made in wood.
- 2 luxurious bathrooms, with marble sinks, of which 1 is en-suite both with modern furniture (toilet, shower, bidet). One bathroom has a bath.
- Open, well equiped kitchen made by local carpenter, with impressive Boretti stove and marble top. Jura espresso machine! In the cellar a washing machine and dryer are located.
- Very spacious living room, decorated in a light contemporary style with localy made furniture, attached to the large veranda which is overlooking the countryside. Open fireplace. Large dining table. HiFi system and satellite TV (Sky).
- Other rooms
- In the basement the wine cellar/sittingroom is located. Nice comfortable chairs and sofa make this into a 'winter garden' style area where it's ideal for total relax. From there one can enter the large sun terrace at the other side of the house.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the house, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay. The cleaning lady will clean the house once a week; more often upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically accessible for people with mobility problems.
- The swimming pool is 12 x 6 meters and nicely located in the olive grove with beautiful views; a well preserved and maintained garden (including automatic daily watering) consisting of a lawn around the house with big old olive trees being part of a huge olive grove and luxurious garden furniture. Traditional BBQ with pizza oven built in local stone near the house.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest villages are Piegaro (5 km) and Tavernelle di Panicale (6 km) and other important towns are Città della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equiped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (6 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve.
- Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities, also cooking at home, can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (40 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (22 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (30 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).