- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Colorful cosy country house in the Umbrian hills near Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
To see more pictures, click here.
This nice villa (6 sleeps, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) was built in 2007 using authentic materials like stone exposed outside walls and wooden beams. In Spring 2014 Il Sogno was completely renovated and refurbished and became an even more comfortable holiday villa. Together with another country house and an old restored farm Il Sogno form a small private complex. They all share the large pool (14x7m). The interior is done in a light modern, colorful and cosy style. The house is dominantly positioned on an important Umbrian hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia, enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). Il Sogno has its own private access and garden with old olive trees and lawn. The old Medieval town of Piegaro is 2 kilometers away where the A1 Motorway exits for Rome and Florence only 20 minutes drive.
- Why this is Special
- Lovely place in the true Umbrian country side. Ideal holiday house for couples or small family.
- What our clients say
Atle D, Norway (June 2017):
We all love Il Sogno because it's a really lovely house which fulfills all our needs. A beautiful living room/kitchen and three perfect bedrooms.We also love to sit outside the house in the shadow and just admire the view over Piegaro and the other towns and hills.The shared swimming pool is very nice, always very clean. And the use of oxygen to keep the water clean is really good.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 1.950; Mid Season EUR 1.550; Low Season EUR 1.100.
- Special Offer!
- 10% discount in low season 2017.
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Security deposit: EUR 250,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Weekly cleaning: EUR 150,00 (including a mid week cleaning)
Baby cot, highchair and bath: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog EUR 50,00 per stay
Airco: upon consumption (0,35 Euros/kilowatt)
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays (depending other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- On the first floor one can find 3 bedrooms, all with two 2 single beds.
- 1 en-suite bathroom and 1 bathroom on the first floor. All in modern style.
- Simple, but well equipped kitchen with oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave. Beautiful JURA espresso machine!
- Spacious living room, in modern style, with satellite TV and DVD player. Large selection of books available. Flat Internet access included in the rental price. Traditional woodburning stove, which makes the house also ideal for winter/autumn lets.
- Other rooms
- In the pantry one can find a washing machine and dryer.
- Mid week cleaning on Wednesday. Towels and linen are included in the rental price.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is accessible for less mobile people. All is on one floor with only 4 steps from the living room towards bedroom area.
- The house has a private garden (lawn and olive trees) with beautiful views. The garden is maintained all year through. Garden furniture is available as well as separate pool furniture. Casa Furia has a large separate veranda with brick stone columns and wooden roof. This is the perfect place for having long evening diners. Underneath the veranda one can find also the traditional woodburning Umbrian barbeque.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).