- Umbria, Assisi-Spoleto area
- Exceptional townhouse with wonderful garden, pool and amazing views in downtown Spello, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps
For more pictures click here.
A wonderful very well furnished house, for 6 persons in Spello with a small pool and beautiful garden. This is a one of a kind house, that is part of a medieval church and has been carefully restored through the years.
You're in the middle of the old town of Spello and also have the feeling that you live in the countryside. This house is the ideal location for your vacation. The owner made this house has a real 'home', where they thought of everything to make your stay memorable.
The house is ideal as extra accommodation for a large groups (12 guests in total). In combination with Casa Asia, which can be reached via the garden (privacy guaranteed!).
Also La Giraffe, from the same owner, can be rented simultaneously. This house, for 2 persons, is only 200 meters away from Villa Volta. Together with Villa Volta this makes an ideal vacation for 8 persons, or together with Casa Asia a group of 16 persons can have a great vacation.
- Why this is Special
- You can hardly find ideal locations like this wonderful townhouse in Spello. This is all where Special Umbria stands for!
- What our clients say
Our second stay here and equally unforgettable! A home away from home. We could live here forever!
Thank you for creating such a welcoming place. It is truly unique. Hope to be back soon
Pierre with family form Brussels / Belgium
Thank you for a lovely week in your Villa, which is a jewel box! We enjoyed every single moment, the views, the pool, the porch and of course the styling of the Villa. It is a very special place and unique.
With much admiration for what you have created
Mike and Hall from New Zealand
Thank you for making our lovely stay possible.
Your hospitality was so appreciated. Your home is so beautiful.
What a joy to wake and see the lovely garden.
The setting is spectacular, in the center of Spello which is in our opinion the most charming village in Umbria!!!!!!
Richard and Family from New York / USA
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.800 (max 6 pax); Low Season EUR 3.300 (max 6 pax)
High season: 29 April - 30 September 2017
Low season: 1 April - 29 April and 30 September - 4 November 2017
Daily cleaning (after 11:00 hours) not on Sunday. Electricity, gas, airconditioning en linen included in the rental price.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days upon request.
- Save or share
- Master Bedroom
Situated at patio level and facing over the garden the large master bedroom with kingsize bed feels like a private apartment. Shutters can be closed at night for those who want to sleep late but there is nothing like waking up to a gentle morning breeze. An interesting selection of books and magazines are supplied. With a lovely all white, marblelined bathroom as well as a walk-in storage and clothes hanging space the suite is calm and restful.
Set above the master bedroom with the same dazzling country views, this bedroom has been designed in a less traditional style using textiles and the warm colours of Morocco and India teamed with cool, limed oak floors and white walls. From the studio room a few steps lead up to a lobby off which is the en-suite bathroom and plenty of useful storage cupboards. The modern bathroom has a large power shower.
Accessed directly from the garden and not the house this charming bedroom is a romantic secluded retreat. Furnished with a metal bed from a family home it is decorated simply and comfortably, Designers Guild fabrics in reds and greens providing colour along with artworks bought in Marrakesh. Within the room is a fully fitted shower room. Being able to step out of bed and into the garden is a real treat.
Studio (4th bedroom)
From the living room, walk up a broad stone staircase to reach the large mezzanine space with Oak floors and vaulted walls and ceiling. One wall retains an original church figurative painting. The studio was conceived as a place to listen to music or just to relax and read. With a full size sofa bed and its own bathroom at the foot of the stairs, it can easily be used as a 4th bedroom.
- All en-suite comfortable bathrooms.
- A real home-from-home requires an attractive and well equipped kitchen. This is not a basic rustic holiday kitchen! Everything from aprons and a wide selection from table linens to fine Riedel wine glasses and a mighty 'La Cornue' range cooker are supplied.
- Subtle lighting, ancient arches and stone work provide a special sense of history to the spacious open plan living and dining room. Simply decorated with a large cane sofa, a bright Moroccan rug and with a multi-channel television neatly hidden in an old wall cupboard, the living area is very comfortable. The dining table with raw silk covered chairs, seating up to 8 people, is raised just a shallow step above the living area.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done every morning, including making up the beds. Linen change once a week.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Entering the garden from the streetdoor a panorama of great beauty opens to welcome you to your 'home'. Throughout much of the year it is truly relaxing and cool to be outside under the ancient vaulted arches which form the outdoor seating and dining area. A large table and plenty of comfortable chairs are provided. From the patio there is easy access to the kitchen and living room with a gentle flight of steps down to the garden and pool (5 x 3m) at a lower level.
Spello,the provincial capital, you can reach Perugia within a 20 minutes drive. Also Foligno, which is great for shopping, max is 10 minutes away from the villa. Foligno is full of small bars, restaurants and smaller shops, mostly well-known brands. Creative atmosphere and ideal for a day out, especially for young people.
- All shops, bars and restaurants on walking distance from the villa.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (24 km), Rome Fiumicino (192 km) and Ciampino (179 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (196 km); nearest SS75 Motorway exit is Spello (1km). The train station of Foligno is near and in Foligno are also car rentals available.
- The most important cities in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Foligno (8,5 km), Perugia (31 km), Spoleto (35 km), Assisi (12 km), Montefalco/Bevagna (20 km), Todi (62 km).