- Umbria, Todi area
- Stunning modern villa with amazing views near Todi, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view in Google Maps
For more pictures, click here.
Casa Masce is a unique place to stay in Umbria. Not far away from the beautiful town of Todi, location and view are the most captivating features of this architectural villa. Together with its modern design this is really unusual for the area. The house has been designed by nature lovers to fit its steep landscape with zero impact on the environment. All materials have been chosen to match the local nature, as there are glazed corridors that make you feel closer to the outdoor space. Full of light and breeze, makes you feel part of the surrounding wilderness. The house and the garden are laid in 2 floors: open plan kitchen and dining room with a sofa sitting corner; 2 double bedrooms on the top floor; living room, media room and 2 twin bedrooms on the lower floor (and laundry room) all with airconditioning.
The garden is part of the surroudings which a fantastic pool (12x5 meters) positioned in the middle of the lawn.
- Why this is Special
- Absolutely stunning are the views from this villa. A very personalized house where guests will feel immediately at home.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season:EUR 4.000: Mid Season: EUR 3.300; per week; Low Season: EUR 2.900.
High Season: 9 June 2018 - 1 September 2018
Mid Season: 12 May 2018 - 9 June 2018 & 1 September 2018 - 29 September 2018
Low Season: 6 January - 12 May 2018 & 29 September 2018 - 5 January 2019
Weekly cleaning (including a mid week cleaning): EUR 200,00
Security deposit: EUR 1.000,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance including final 30 working days weeks before arrival;
- Check-in and check-outs are carried out on Saturdays. Check-ins from 15:00 to 19:00 (later check in are charged Euro 50,00) and check-outs before at 09:00. Dates are flexible if the weeks before or after the booking are free. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- 4 bedrooms. Main bedroom kingsized bed: walk-in-wardrobe ensuite bathroom with 2 showers (airconditioned). Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Large twin bedroom with queensized beds, ensuite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room. All with teak flooring.
- Main bathroom: open plan large bathtub/double basin; walk-in double shower with WC and bidet. Double bedroom bathroom with bath tub and built-in shower. Large twin bathroom with 2 basins and built-in shower. 1 Shower room (twin bedroom). 1 cloakroom.
- Open plan modern kitchen made with natural stone top, wood and stainless steel appliances: fridge with large freezer; hob with electrical oven; microwave oven; bbq; dishwasher; filtered coffee machine; toaster; electrical kettle; blenders; orange juice squeezer etc.
- Small living room corner in the kitchen/dining area facing west onto the french door, leading the outdoor dining area. On the lower level, double living room with 3 sofas and a fireplace, leading to the large and amazing media room: lcd projector; LCD sky TV; DVD player; hi-fi and and a large sofa. Ideal also for children.
- Other rooms
- All towels (including swimming pool) and linen are included and are changed weekly. Once a week cleaning is included (mid week) as well as check-in and check-out cleaning. For guests who stay for more than one week, cleaning is carried out twice a week.
- Amenities: Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- Casa Masce is on a hill at 600mt of altitude, isolated and in an outstanding position. There is approxiamtely 1,1km of gravel road to reach the property. The villa is not suitable for wheelchairs users as is on 2 floors and built on 2 level landscape, in order to adapt it on the steep ground. It has two stairways, one indoors and one outdoors.
- Landscaped designed garden surrounded by 3 ha of private land (not fenced) on the border of a large forest. Dominant position on the Tiber Valley and on the edge of the Tiber Natural Park. The garden is in two levels, as it follows the natural morphology of the territory. The plants chosen match the surrounding nature, enriched with patches of lavander and wysteria. The lawn is generally in perfect shape as it gets watered at night with automatic system. The swimming pool has been designed inspired by the style of a watering place for animals, proportionally enlarged, directly standing on the lawn. It's perfect for swimming as it is 15 x 5 meters large. There is shady space next to it, where guests can place 3 or 4 sunbeds. The garden is also naturally shaded by a large oak and the dining area by a porch and a large umbrella. Dining table seats 8 people comfortably. On the opposite part of the garden there's a large terrace, perfect for aperitives or star watching at nights.
- Casa Masce is a no smoking villa. Internet is provided with a Wi-fi appliance. The owner is keen to provide any extra service the guest may ask, within notice and availability. Extra cleaning and cooking can be requested upon booking, as well as shopping services. Swimming pool cleaning is included once a week. Extra cleaning is provided upon request (Euro 50,00). Electricty is included to a certain limit (400 kw).
The majestic hill top, walled town of Todi is approximately 20 minutes drive from the villa. A study by Richard Levine, Professor at the University of Kentucky, concluded that Todi is one of the best places in the world to live on the basis of its environment, housing and lifestyle. Cars can be parked at the foot of the town from where a funicular lift ascends to the centre in couple of minutes. The views are breathtaking and an extensive range of restaurants, shops, historical and cultural attractions are on hand.
- Nearest grocery's is in Casemasce at about 3,5km, where you find freshly baked bread and all main food sources a part from buchered meat. Gas station (cash only) and tobacco are just before Casemasce at 2km from the house. All main facilities are in the town of Todi at about 10km from the property. Todi is one of the most impotant medieval towns in Umbria and is rich of both Roman architecture as well as Romanic and Reinassance churches. Most of the shops are around the main square, where you can find delicious food boutiques, with local products (oil sale point of Oleificio La Casella) as well as beautiful linen shops of the umbrian tradition.
- A golf course is in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Rome Fiumicino (177 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (210 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is in Todi (10 km) for Rome, Perugia and Florence; the train station of Todi is near and in Todi also car rentals are available.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (90 km), Castiglione del Lago (95 km), Cortona (100 km), Siena (150 km), Florence (190 km), Perugia (55 km), Gubbio (90 km), Orvieto (35 km), Spoleto (83 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (55 km), Deruta (35 km), Assisi (66 km) and of course Rome (155 km).