- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- New country house constructed by Special Umbria with private swimming pool in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
For more pictures click here.
This truly beautifully located country villa, located in the unspoilt Umbrian hills was finished in April 2016, under Project Management of SpecialUmbria. The fully local stone exposed country house (8-10 sleeps) and large private swimming pool (6 x 12 meters) are located in the middle of a green area consisting of garden and old olive grove. The property is entirely privately positioned and has a spacious living room which opens to a high quality kitchen made by local carpenter with large stove and modern appliances, four bedrooms of which one has a unique hand made bunk bed for 4 children/young adults and three bathrooms. A large porch enjoys spectacular views towards the towns of Panicale, Montepulciano, Citta della Pieve and even more important Lake Trasimeno with the Tuscan mountains in the back. Really special is the traditional Pizza oven with BBQ just next to the house.
The style of the house can be described as a good mix between the classic Umbrian building style and modern elements, which gives the house a real modern design feeling. The Dutch owners love Dutch design, which means that there are some nice items by designers like Marcel Wanders and Piet Hein Eek, but also the unique woodburner by Weltevree is a real statement in the living area.
Casa Refogliano is featured in Ville & Casali, May 2017. It is also featured in Alexandra Korey's Life, Art and Travel Blog ARTTRAV.
Casa Refogliano is under Exclusive SpecialUmbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- Only the view will let you stay outside all day! This house is a lovely place for families, especially with children.
- What our clients say
Jackeline T., Eindhoven, the Netherlands (July 2017):
This was our second time in Casa Refogliano. Evenhough there are 10 sleeping places and the house is large, it surrounds you. Beautiful designed (with a Dutch classic: Piet Hein Eek table) and magnificent view! Very well equipped kitchen, everything you need is available and of course a delicious bbq / pizza oven outside.
Recommandation worthy, only downside: you do not want anything else !!!
Andrea, Dorset, United Kingdom (August 2016):
"Refogliano is such an amzing place to stay. The views are stupendous and the house is beautifuly decorated. We have stayed in many holiday rentals over the years but this one was by far the best. We loved everything about it ! The interior design has been done with much thought, it is modern yet comfortable with many cool additions and family friendly too. The kitchen with its enormous rustic island was a dream to prepare food on and the pizza oven we enjoyed using many evenings. We played cards in the lovely snug and the kids spread out their art activites on the long table. We were 8 of us in total with three kids and one teenager and had plenty of space.
The setting is gorgeous. The view from the house and the pool was fantastic, we watched some beautiful sunsets while eating our pizza. We enjoyed visiting all the lovely hilltop towns and villages and some of the bigger towns like Siena and Orvieto are not far.
The managers are very helpful and really helped us with finding the right rental and then gave us great support after our stay.
We could not recomend this house more. Just a warning ... you will NOT want to leave!!! "
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 2.320
Low Season:20 October 2018 - 5 January 2019
High Season: 15 June - 14 September 2019: EUR 3.650
Mid Season: 25 May - 15 June 2019 & 14 September - 28 September 2019 & 21 December 2019 - 5 January 2020: EUR 3.350
Low Season: all other months: EUR 2.500
Babycot: EUR 75,00 per week
Dog: EUR 100,00 per stay
Extra bed (high quality): EUR 250 per week
Wood (pizza oven) per m3: EUR 75
Weekly cleaning: EUR 175,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM.
- Save or share
- 3 double bedrooms on the first floor and 1 en-suite bedroom on the ground floor. All beds made out of old wood with comfortable latex memory mattresses. One of the bedrooms is a special bedroom for 4 kids/young adults. Here the local carpenter created a large bunkbed in 4 different compartments.
- 3 bathrooms in total, of which one has a stand alone bath tub, overlooking the valley! 2 bathrooms are en-suite. One separate WC on the first floor and ground floor.
- The kitchen has been made by the local carpenter. Grey/black marble worktop, colored wooden doors, modern appliances, open cupboards and butcher table in the center as an kitchen isle. This is the perfect place to cook your Italian lunch or dinner. The kitchen opens to the covered porch and the pizza oven and BBQ next to the kitchen.
- Spacious open style living room with large dining table (by designer Piet Hein Eek), comfortable sofa and armchairs around the stove and a special reading/TV corner with sofa for the kids. There are cotto tiles on the floor, all windows and shutters are painted in a light sand color and the house has traditional beamed ceilings.
- Other rooms
- Just behind the kitchen there is a laundry with washing machine and dryer.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the house, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay. The cleaning lady will clean the house once a week plus a short mid week cleaning; more often upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically accessible for less mobile people, although one bedroom with bathroom is situated on the ground floor.
- The house is positioned in an old olive grove, which means that the garden will be mainly natural green with olive trees all around you. There is grass to play on for the children and some nice flower beds with lavender, rosemary and other local scrubs. The pool is 6 x 12 meters (120-150cm deep) and will be positioned just below the terrace. There is a pizza oven and a stone bbq near the front porch of the house, where the dining table is overlooking the valley.
- The house has one direct neigbour, which is a similar villa, which has been built 3 years ago and which is not rented. This property won't disturb your privacy. You will be near a not frequently used asphalted road, which leads you to the towns of Tavernelle or Piegaro.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest villages are Castiglion Fosco (3 km), Piegaro (6 km) and Tavernelle di Panicale (5 km) and other important towns are Città della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank, restaurant and church. Better equiped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (6 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants one will find in Città della Pieve, Panicale or Castiglione del Lago.
- Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Waterpark with big slides in Tavernelle (6 km), Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities, also cooking at home, can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (40 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (22 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (30 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).