- Umbria, Todi area
- Recently wonderfully restored Country House south of Todi in Pesciano, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps
For more pictures click here!
Podere Masale was completely renovated in summer 2014 and became a truly wonderful modern/light classic country house for 12 guests in the heart of Umbria, only ten minutes car drive from the well sought town of Todi. After a thorough and careful restoration the house and its direct surroundings are turned into an ideal holiday home with beautiful pool and large surrounding terraces. This house is the ideal mix between history and 2015 style comfort and design. The large, luxurious rooms and areas make it to a very comfortable place to stay. The location on the border of the provinces Perugia-Terni is ideal: privately but not remote in the middle of the Umbrian countryside with views on rolling hills and the small medieval town of Pesciano. The pittoresque fortified town of Sismano is at only two steps distance.
Podere Masale is under fulltime exclusive Special Umbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- Podere Masale is a very comfortable, carefully restored property with a large garden and pool and vast undisturbed views. Ideally located south of the well known city of Todi with good connections to the Motorway for Rome and other large cities.
- What our clients say
- June 2017: 'We had the BEST vacation ever! The villa was much more than we expected - it was simply WAU when we arrived and saw the house, interior and the view. Every little detail was perfect - we couldn’t find any “mistakes” and we loved staying in such a beautiful home.Fore sure we will come again!!' MW
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season: EUR 5.250; Mid Season: EUR 4.950; Low Season: EUR 3.150.
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 225,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot and Highchair: EUR 50,00 per week
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM; different days upon request.
- Save or share
- In total 6 bedrooms each with en suite bathroom: * At the first floor are 4 bedrooms: 1: Master Suite with separate study; high quality double bed (180 x 210 cm); 2: Bedroom with seperate baby bedroom with 2 (unique!) antique baby cots; bedroom has a double bed (180 x 210 cm); 3: Bedroom with 2 single beds (90 x 210 cm); 4: Bedroom with 2 single beds (90 x 210 cm); * At the second floor are 2 very spacious bedrooms: 5: Bedroom with double bed (180 x 210 cm); 6: Bedroom with double bed (180 x 210 cm). All beds in the house have Latex memory matresses.
- 6 en suite bathrooms, all very modern with high quality fittings.
- A very cosy, new kitchen in light modern/classic style with an old fireplace as finishing touch. The kitchen opens to the dining area with views towards the swimming pool. Very well equipped: large freezer and fridge, professional style stove and espresso machine. An ideal place to cook!
- In the entire house are several living areas. At the entrance one can find a huge main living area with fireplace and library, large comfortable sofa, lower chairs and large bench with cushions for reading or relax. All of the highest possible quality and done in a light classic/modern style. Near the kitchen is the dining/living area with a 3 meter long table with 12 Hans Wegner style chairs. Also here a fireplace and a reading corner. Next to this room the seperate TV room with sofa and low chair can be found. Wide screen TV with SKY Satelite connection.
- Other rooms
- At the ground floor is a laundry with washing machine and dryer. Near the TV room also a seperate WC can be found.
- Cleaning will be done twice a week. Large cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- The mature garden is full of old trees and gives the house and its surroundings a perfect feeling. In hot summer a lot of shadow can be found at one of the many places (pergolas and open terraces) around the house with comfortable garden furniture where you can sit and relax. Children may want to play on the large lawn near the pool. The pool measures 6 x 12 meters (newly built in 2014) and has an oxygen system, so no chloride. Internal Roman stairs will lead to the pool (120-150 cm deep). Furthermore, an outside cold water shower, 12 comfortable loungers and 2 large (300 x 300 cm) parasols make this area one of the most attractive parts of the garden. An antique, good functioning bread/pizza oven in the garden and a separate BBQ complete the outside spaces at Masale.
- WIFI internet in every room inside as well as outside around the house.
Todi is a wonderful old town, very lively, on 10 minutes by car. Here you will find all services, also for daily shopping.
You can visit the wine museum near the vineyards of Torgiano and buy hand painted ceramics at any number of shops in nearby Deruta. You can savor the celebrated red wines of Montefalco and buy the richly textured Umbrian traditional linens available at several shops in Todi itself.
For the more athletically inclined, jogging up and down the hills around around the property provides a most vigorous workout, that is, if doing laps in the pool isn't already enough; but for the best recreation of all visit the restaurants, pizzerias and gelaterias of Todi. They are wonderful enough to entice you back many times for the duration of your stay.
- Some small shops and an excellent restaurant are in Sismano; a more broader offering can be found in Todi at roughly 10 minutes drive.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property.
- Cooking can be organized by an experienced Italian Chef.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Rome Fiumicino (177 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (210 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is in Todi (10 km) for Rome, Perugia and Florence; the train station of Todi is near and in Todi also car rentals are available.
- Sismano is about 1,5 km from Podere Masale. Terni is about a 25 minute drive away where Todi is at 13 km distance. From the E45 driving south (Florence/Perugia) the best way to get to Podere Masale is to take Ponte Rio exit and follow the direction Sismano / Pesciano which takes another 10-15 minutes. Driving north (from Rome) leave the A1 Motorway at Orte in direction Perugia and exit at Montecastrilli. The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (90 km), Castiglione del Lago (95 km), Cortona (100 km), Siena (150 km), Florence (190 km), Perugia (55 km), Gubbio (90 km), Orvieto (35 km), Spoleto (83 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (55 km), Deruta (35 km), Assisi (66 km) and of course Rome (155 km).