- Tuscany/Lazio, Orvieto area
- Wonderfully restored country house with modern interior in the Southern Tuscan countryside on the border with Umbria and Lazio, Viterbo, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For finding Podere Patrizio with Google Maps click here.
For more pictures, click here.
Come restore your senses at Podere Patrizio, a unique rental villa for 10-12 guests, at the border of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio, midway between Rome and Florence and convenient to many of the most charming towns and villages of central Italy.
Situated on top of a hill with expansive views, this vacation home is surrounded by the unspoiled beauty of the rural Tuscan landscape with its magnificent oak woods, beautiful mountains, peaceful pastures, classic olive orchards and vineyards and delightful medieval towns.
Podere Patrizio has been beautifully restored by an Italian architect working with skilled local craftsmen. It combines the beauty of a traditional stone farm house with the best of Italian modern interior design to create a unique blend of the old and the new.
This spacious and airy villa, measuring 370 square meters, has five bedrooms, four bathrooms, splendid grounds including a pond, an infinity pool, and a portico for outdoor dining. It can serve as a home base for a family or group of friends who want to explore all the beauty and history that central Italy has to offer and to enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, horseback riding, sailing, cycling, windsurfing and much more.
Just down the road from the house is one of the largest and most popular spas in Italy where there are delightful thermal pools and a world class assortiment of spa services. For those who just want to relax, Podere Palazzo is a tranquil oasis to sit by the pool, read a good book, or nap.
This podere is luxury in all senses. The owners thought about everything to make your holiday a special event to not forget.
- Why this is Special
- This country house is the absolute 2014 vision on a house in Italy!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: For 10 persons; High Season EUR 8.900; Mid Season EUR 6.900; Low Season EUR 4.400
High Season: 26 May 2018 - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 8 September 2018 - 13 October 2018 & 22 december 2018 - 31 December 2018 & 14 April 2018 - 26 May 2018
Low Season: 1 january 2018 - 14 April 2018 and 13 October 2018 - 22 December 2018
High Season EUR 9.345: 25 May 2019 - 7 September 2019
Mid Season EUR 7.245: 7 September 2019 - 12 October 2019 & 21 december 2019 - 31 December 2019 & 13 April 2019 - 25 May 2019
Low Season EUR 4.620: 1 january 2019 - 13 April 2019 and 12 October 2019 - 21 December 2019
For a maximum of 2 extra persons a price of EUR 40,0 p.p.p.d. (single bed) wil be added.
Security deposit: EUR 1.500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 4 rooms with king size beds, 1 with a twin bed, 2 extra spear beds
All bedrooms have ceiling fans, built-in closets, and plenty of drawer space.
On the ground floor is the bedroom Amiata with a king size bed and a large en suite bathroom with wheelchair accessible shower. With windows facing pastures, ravines, and hills to the west, this bedroom is especially convenient for anyone who may have difficulty climbing stairs.
There are four bedrooms on the first floor. Bedroom Rufeno has a king size bed and luxurious private bath with a shower and a free standing bathtub. It has exceptional views of Trevinano and the regional park across the valley.
Bedroom Proceno has a king size bed, a fireplace with sitting area, a private outdoor terrace and entrance. The bathroom has a spacious shower and two sinks. In addition to views of Monte Rufeno, it offers a spectacular panorama of the valley of the Paglia River, Acquapendente, Proceno, and in the distance the profile of the caldera of Lake Bolsena.
Bedroom Trevinano has a king size bed with sitting area and features unspoiled views of Trevinano looking up the valley as well as pastures, hills, and ravines below. Since the room is exceptionally large, an extra single bed can easily be added to accommodate an additional person. Adjacent is a large full bathroom with separate shower, bathtub, and two sinks which is shared with Bedroom Cetona.
Bedroom Cetona is a cozy room equipped with two twin beds. It has windows facing south and west and shares a bathroom with Bedroom Trevinano.
- 4 bathrooms and 1 guest bathroom. More info under 'bedrooms'.
- From the dining room, down a bright hall that accesses a portico and a powder room, there is a modern gourmet kitchen with travertine stone counters and sink, gas cooktop, oven, refrigerator with freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. The kitchen island generously provides seating for five.
A set of French doors opens onto a large portico for al fresco dining. All the windows and doors have southern and eastern exposures that fill the kitchen with light throughout the day.
- The main entrance to the house features arched French doors which open into a large and comfortable living room with views of the medieval town of Trevinano. It is furnished with two large sofas set in front of a large, modern wood burning fireplace and across from a credenza with satellite TV and DVD player, as well as a stereo with an MP-3 player connected to a built-in sound system.
The dining room shares its views of Trevinano with the living room and has arched French doors opening onto a patio which overlooks the infinity pool and the verdant woods of Monte Rufeno across the valley. The dining room seats twelve around a rustic table and includes a sitting area with library.
- Other rooms
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the villa, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- A special feature of the house is a 10 meter (30 foot) long outside portico with stunning views of Monte Rufeno and the valley of the Paglia River. The custom stone table which seats twelve is a great place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A wood-burning fireplace allows for outdoor cooking. There is also a comfortable seating area that is the perfect place for reading a book or sipping a glass of wine.
The grounds encompass four acres carved out of several hundred acres of sheep pastures and woods. An old existing pond south of the house was restored to become an open air cistern fed by a deep well for the new irrigation system. By taking advantage of the century old oak trees around it and by creating a new gravel terrace overlooking the Paglia Valley below, the pond is now a restful and shady oasis with hammocks for relaxing on hot summer days. A newly planted olive grove, with over 60 plants right beneath the pond, restores Podere Patrizio’s former agricultural glory and beauty. Cypress and elm, wild pear and apple trees, wild plum and rose bushes define the driveway from the main road.
The pool is built with a double infinity edge to allow for the full enjoyment of the surrounding views. It measures a generous 5 x 13 meters [16 x43 feet] and has a comfortable shallow area for children and non-swimmers. It is flanked by a large stone patio with comfortable sun beds for tanning, reading, or napping.
Podere Patrizio sits atop a hill with 360 degree views of the complex landscape formed by a unique geological history, Etruscan settlements, and medieval towns with their rich tapestry of cultivated fields.
To the east, the lush woods of the Monte Rufeno Regional Park, composed of a mixture of oak, elm and pine trees, descend to the valley of the Tirolle River below. At the southern end of the park are working farms with olive groves and cultivated fields overlooking the valley of the Paglia River.
The view to the southeast expands dramatically across the Paglia Valley and the volcanic plateau beyond where the town of Acquapendente and the crater of Bolsena, the largest volcanic lake in Europe, can be seen. The valley is rich with vineyards, olive groves, and sunflower fields, all beautifully framed by the lush vegetation of the plateau.
The town of Proceno sits on a tufa rock directly south of Podere Patrizio, surrounded by fields typical of the Alta Tuscia region. To its west is Monte Civetta overlooking the Paglia Valley and the Roman road known as the Cassia, which is still used today as a main thoroughfare. In addition, the Via Francigena, the medieval pilgrimage route connecting Canterbury to Rome and Jerusalem, passes through the valley. Pilgrims still follow this ancient path.
Directly west of the house is a nearby hill which offers more cultivated fields and the view of other restored poderi. This strategic hilltop was the site of an Etruscan settlement.
The views to the north are unique: a picture book valley with stone farmhouses and a system of cultivated fields, pastures and oak woods, topped by the medieval town of Trevinano with Monte Cetona beyond. The serenity of this valley takes you back in time and is so soothing to the eyes that you might just want to sit down to take it all in.
Once you are at Podere Patrizio, you are close to several charming villages and towns like Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Citta della Pieve, Arezzo, Siena etc.
- First shops one a 10 minutes drive from the house.
- For the outdoor and sports lovers there are plenty of activities only ten to twenty minutes away from Podere Patrizio such as horseback riding, hiking, bicycling, swimming, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, fishing, and much more. In addition to sightseeing, outdoor sports and naps by the pool at Podere Patrizio, you can delight your senses with many other pleasurable activities in the nearby area. Such as winetastings, spas, cookingclasses.
- All kind of activities on request.
- It is also about one hour drive from the major cities of Siena and Perugia, both with an airport. Rome and Florence are 1.5 hours drive. In addition, Podere Patrizio can be reached by train from Rome or Florence. The closest stop is Fabro, which is about 20 minutes from the house, but if you want to rent a car there is a Hertz office near the station at Chiusi which is about a half hour drive from the house.
- Podere Patrizio is less than two hours north of Rome and about one and a half hours south of Florence by car. From both major cities it is an easy drive on the A1, the main north-south highway.