- Umbria, Marsciano-Todi area
- Brand new modern country house between Marsciano and San Venanzo, Perugia
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
Podere Sassone is a newly built country house for 8 guests near Marsciano, designed by a well known modern architect, on the remains of a 17th century Umbrian farm. Inside and outside authentic old features have been respected, but the interior is finished in a beautiful light modern style. This modern villa is a great place to stay and enjoy a lovely infinity pool indulging oneself in the typical Umbrian summer.
The owners spent all their time and passion on the design of the interior and created a very personal, warm and unique modern place for themselves and their guests, where has been thought about every detail. You will feel that immediately when you enter Podere Sassone.
The house is wonderfully positioned in the roling green Umbrian hills. From the house you can see an old hamlet with bell tower which is romantically illuminated in the evenings. The house is near the local road (SS 317) from Marsciano to San Venanzo, which is a low traffic road. This makes this villa very easy to acces but still very privately located. Marsciano is a medium-large town with all facilities, restaurants, bars etc. From Marsciano you can reach Todi within 10 minutes by car, which is a very beautiful medieval town with wonderful surroundings.
Podere Sassone is an unique new property in Umbria which will guarantee the perfect stay.
- Why this is Special
- Unique modern villa, very well designed in a personal style. This is the perfect place to stay if you love modern design.
- What our clients say
Christian S., Switzerland (July 2017):
Our stay at Podere Sassone was very very wonderful. The friendly owner, the house with its impressing architecture, the fresh pool, the landscape, even the small village were even bether than we were able to expect to. The owner gave us a lot of recommendations we were happy to have. That’s how holidays should be: It was beautiful, cultural and super relaxing! Thanks to the Special Umbria Team and also a special thank to the owner!
Margret S-K, Germany ((June 2018):
Tranquil and charming space perfect for relaxing. It was like staying at a friend's home: It has a great, modern design at the same time being very cosy. The house itself is very well equipped, spacious with good room layout, so that we felt comfortable from the very first moment. The owners have a great eye for detail and every room has been decorated nicely.
Everything was well tidied and well maintained and the young lady, who was in charge of the mid week cleaning was a real gem. The owner was very friendly and hospitable, she came to welcome us and made sure we know that nothing would be too much trouble. We appreciated her help upon arrival and liked having a local contact if we would have been needed one. The tips and recommandations of her, for restaurants, sight-seeing, walking tours etc. were all good. Although we planned various trips, in the end we spent most time at the house as everthing was so comfortable and relaxed.
The service from SpecialUmbria has been to top notch, everything was very good and efficient and the website is very accurat.
Summarized: We stayed at Podere Sassone for a week this summer and had a great stay! The pictures on the website were pretty impressive but as we arrived, everything was even nicer ... the view, the pool, the house. We hope to return and can truly recommend the house!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.400; Mid Season EUR 2.900; Low Season EUR 2.500. In mid and low season special prices for max 4 guests.
- Special Offer!
- Special prices for max for guests in Low Season and Mid Season 2018. Low season: EIR 1.500, Mid Season: EUR 2.200. Cleaning: EUR 125.
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
High Season: 22 June - 7 September 2019
Mid Season: 25 May - 22 June & 7 September - 28 September 2019
Low Season: all other months
Cleaning: EUR 150 each week
Security deposit: EUR 500, to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Dog: EUR 50 per stay
Babycot: EUR 50 per week
Sofabed for max. 2 small children: EUR 150 per week (indicate when booking)
Deposit: 30% upon booking, Balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM.
- Save or share
- Three comfortable spacious bedrooms on ground floor with outside doors overlooking the valley and opening towards the swimming pool. Every bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower. Two bedrooms with high quality double beds and one bedroom with two single beds. Fourth bedroom on first floor with bathroom. The bedrooms are all decorated with (modern) design pieces and have comfortable beds and good linen.
- Four en-suite bathrooms with modern fittings. A separate WC near kitchen on ground floor.
- Modern very well equipped open kitchen with high quality appliances, including particular items like a professional slicing machine and an ice making machine. Cooking isle with professional style stove and four bar chairs around the isle. Just outside the kitchen you will find the traditional BBQ underneath the porch for your roast.
- Large open-space living room with two comfortable sofa's, near the perfectly designed fireplace, which can be ideal for off season cooking. Large dining table made of old wood with modern chairs around. Wonderful views from the living room. Wide screen TV and Sonos Music system. In the living room you will find a nice combination of modern design and pieces of old wood that came out of the former farm, which where re-used for making tables or just as a piece of art.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done twice a week. Intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is suitable for guests with reduced mobility, as there are three bedrooms on the ground floor, all at one single level. There are just three steps from the kitchen towards the living area.
- The house has been built in the real green country side. Around the house you will find grass land with mainly olive trees. The garden, well maintained is part of the surrounding fields. Here the owners put some interesting pieces of art. A wonderful infinity pool (5,5 x 11 meters, salt water) is just in front of the main terrace and is perfectly positioned and is the best immaginable place to stay in Summer. In the center of the view you can see the medieval hamlet of Rotecastello, which is nicely illuminated in the evening. Also the house and garden are illuminated after dark. Under the porch there is a spacious table with numerous chairs for your lunches and dinners and around the pool there are sunbeds for all guests. You will enter the house directly from the main road, which is a low traffic asphalted road, via an electric gate and you can park directly in front of the house.
- There is wifi in the house and also on the outside terrace and near the pool.
The house is positioned in the green countryside amongst the sweet rolling hills of Umbria, 400 meters above sea level. This makes it ideal for nice long walks directly from the property. The area around San Venanzo is a former vulcanic area and some signposted walks around the remains of the vulcan can be done. By car you will be within 10 miutes in Marsciano and from there you will easily access the E45 highway. From there you can decide to look for nature, for a day of shopping or visit one of the medieval towns in Umbria.
- San Venanzo (3 km)is the nearest small town. Here you will find all basic shops, like small supermarket, the bakery, butcher and pharmacy. In Marsciano, a larger town, reachable in 10 minutes by car (7 km)you will find better alternatives like large supermarkets, restaurants and a small hospital. Michelin star restaurants are present in the area.
- The nearest 18 holes Golf Course will be in Perugia. The lake of Corbare is not very far, and it offers several sport activities such as fishing and trekking. For the experts it is possible to book kayaking. Present in the area, for wine lovers, there are several wineries, in a reach of 15 km.
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (39 km), Ancona International Airport (150 km), Rome Fiumicino (185 km) and Ciampino (172 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (200 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (203 km); nearest highway exit is at 10 km, exit Marsciano-Collepepe, E45 for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence.
- The most important cities in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Perugia (40 km), Todi (28 km), Orvieto (46 km), Foligno (45km), Spoleto (56 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (39 km), Deruta (19 km), Assisi (50 km), Cortona (80km), Siena (140km) and of course Rome (159 km) and Florence (185).