- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Unique historic farmhouse, recently restored, with heated pool heating and floor cooling, in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
To see more pictures of this wonderful project, please click here.
Recently finished restoration project by SpecialUmbria, a Unique Umbrian farmhouse.
This truly beautifully located child friendly country house is located in the unspoilt Umbrian hills. The fully local stone exposed country house (10-14 sleeps) and its large (heated) private swimming pool and separate toddler pool (!) are located in the middle of a green forest area and enjoy spectacular views to the towns of Panicale, and Lake Trasimeno with the Tuscan mountains in the back.
Posabile is being meticulously restored now and is a truly unique holiday home where also children will have their perfect time! All to make sure that not only the children but especially their parents will enjoy their holiday. Also without children Posabile is a wonderful country house where guests can experience a real Umbrian holilday. This is the perfect place to stay with a group of friends.
For the interior design the owners have chosen for a rural country living design with modern elements. You will feel part of the history of this building which was once an important farm. The bathrooms are modern and of very high quality. The kitchen is ideal to stay all together for cooking and eating. The house has airconditioning (floor cooling).
Posabile is for sure an unforgettable experience and will make many guests come back year after year.
Posabile is under Exclusive SpecialUmbria Property Management.
In March 2016 Posabile has been published in Ville&Casali. Read the article here.
In September 2017 Tara dedicated an article to Posabile.
- Why this is Special
- This house is special for many reasons: it's all about kids here, very different rural design, privacy, views and history... all in a modern context. But also without children this house is the ideal hideaway.
- What our clients say
Posabile was the most incredible house to stay in. Beautifully maintained and designed it has different areas to relax in, so there is a space for everyone: the master bedroom in particular is one you won’t want to leave. The pool is beautiful and the kids play area is perfect for younger people, the owners have spent a lot of time building a surplus of toys/games/books and other entertainment for all ages of guest. The stunning town of Citta della Pieve is very close by and somewhere you’ll want to visit every few days for great restaurant dining and a fabulous food market. F.B. London
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR: 7.000, Mid Season EUR 5.000 and EUR 3.500 pw for 6 or less guests, Low Season EUR 4.000 pw. and EUR 2.500 pw. for 6 or less guests
- Special Offer!
- Free pool heating for all available weeks in April, May and October Special prices for max 6 guests in Low Season and Mid Season: EUR 2.500 Low Season and EUR 3.500 in Mid Season.
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018 and 22 December 2018 - 5 January 2019
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 225,00;
Security deposit: EUR 750,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Pool Heating: EUR 300,00 each week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
2 extra high quality beds can be added. Price for each bed EUR 150 each week.
Floor cooling throughout the house: upon consumption (0,40 Euros/khw)
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Eventual other arrival and departure days and times upon request.
- Save or share
- All bedrooms are ensuite. Master Suite/bedroom 1: Very spacious loft style bedroom with open plan bathroom and copper bath. Double bed (200 x 215cm). Bedroom 2: Double bed (180 cm x 210 cm) and separate bathroom Bedroom 3: 2 single beds (90 cm x 210 cm) and separate bathroom Bedroom 4: Double bed (180 cm x 210 cm) and separate bathroom Bedroom 5/kids room: One large bed for 4 children or 2 adults(280 x 210 cm) All beds made in old wood, with memory foam latex mattresses and high quality linen. 2 extra high quality beds can be added (one in master suite and one on 2 single bedroom). Extra price for each bed: EUR 150 each week.
- All bathrooms in modern style: high quality modern fittings, shower floors and walls in Resin and heated mirrors. In the master suite the bathroom is part of the sleeping area, loft style, all open. Beautiful stand alone copper bath in the corner of the bedroom! All bathrooms with shower. In the kids bedroom there is a bathtub (150cm) with shower.
- The former barn has been transformed in a very spacious kitchen in a Industrial/Modern style. A lot of workspace all around and isle in the middle of the kitchen, double door American fridge and all modern appliances. In the kitchen is also the dining area with large table and a lot of space, overlooking also the living area just below the kitchen.
- Large living space divided in a cozy sitting area and a library style area with fireplace and bar corner with club chairs. HiFi system and satellite TV (Sky). For families of young children, the major highlight of Posabile has to be the indoor playroom containing a brilliant and extensive soft-play area on two levels which is guaranteed to keep even the busiest of bees happy for hours. In the unlikely event that it rains, noboby is going to complaint.
- Other rooms
- There is a separate toilet on the ground floor and a laundry cupboard with washing machine and dryer.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the house, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay. The cleaning lady will clean the house twice a week; more often upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- 2 swimming pools! One swimming pool (12 x 6 meters) nicely positioned just above the house with beautiful views; the toddler pool is 3 x 6 meters (50cm deep) and is positioned next to the main pool. The pools are heated and have a summer cover, to keep the water temperature on a comfortable level especially in low season. The pool area is fenced. Around the house is mainly grass land, in a very natural style, part of the surrounding nature. There is a fenced area of around 50 sqm next to the house where small children can play safely. The views from Posabile are the best, 360 degrees, towards Lake Trasimeno.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest villages are Piegaro (5 km) and Tavernelle di Panicale (5 km) and other interesting towns are Città della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
Around the property you can do amazing hikes and mountain biking.
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equiped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (5 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve, Panicale and Castiglione del Lago.
- Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities, also cooking at home, can be arranged at request (separate prices).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (40 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (22 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (30 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).