- Umbria, Gubbio area
- Contemporary Luxurious villa between Gubbio and Perugia, Umbria, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
Click here for more pictures.
San Pellegrino is a wonderful modern house with a family history. In 2016 the owners finished the building of this unique villa, which was once the land of their grandparants. The house is set among pristine hills on the edge of an oak forest. In renovating the house, the owners managed to create a powerful space which combines nature, peace, modern design and creativity. Thanks to the talent of architect Pia Karin Spreafico the ancient stones of the former farmhouse where used to create an external shell within a new structure in concrete was created.
The property has 5 bedrooms and 4 bedrooms and it positioned near Gubbio, Gualdo Tadino and even not far from Perugia.
The central part in this house is the large kitchen where it's a real joy to cook and eat in company with family and friends. The house is designed well, with minimal furnishings to give your mind rest from the overstimulation of urban life, as well as the invitation to swim, listen to good music, read, write and draw.
San Pellegrino is the ideal holiday location for people who like nature and privacy and love modern design and good architecture.
- Why this is Special
- This Roman family created something really modern within the old structure which ones was the home of their grandparents. This modern touch, with respecting the old, is absolutely unique in Umbria.
- What our clients say
Lance, September 2016: Paola's house in Umbria is a 5 star experience in every way. The house is located is beautiful woodland with not another building in sight, the house itself is a modern reconstruction of an old farmhouse which is conceptually strong, sensitively integrated into the landscape and beautifully detailed and appointed. The level of appointment does not stop at the building, it extends to every piece of crockery, cutlery, linen etc in the house, everything is perfectly considered and stylish. The owner of the house was warm and helpful and the housekeeper went way beyond the call of duty is assisting us with everything we needed to make our stay a very special one.
Kate, August 2016: The house on the hill exceeded our expectations. I cannot rave about it enough! The house was a perfect place for me and my family (husband and toddler son) to unwind and reconnect. The house itself is so incredibly beautiful. We felt an instant sense of relief when we drove up the driveway through the field of sunflowers into the beautiful house. Everything in the house seems extremely thought out and well placed, from the intricate Spanish tile throughout the house to the long linen drapes in the master bedroom. I appreciate and have a passion for home decor/architecture and will take inspiration from this beautiful house in San Pellegrino, to my own home in East Hampton, New York. We stayed for a week and our days consisted of hanging by the pool, being lazy around the house, taking walks, exploring nearby cities (Gubbio and Assisi a must!) and even going to one of the most beautiful beaches which was a hour drive. We would take a beautiful short drive to the market daily to buy groceries to cook for dinner that night. There is a large grocery store and an artisanal market to buy meats and cheese. The kitchen is a dream for any chef! I really enjoyed cooking dinner and sipping wine with the large doors to the courtyard open. It was always my favorite part of the day. The owner and her family were so welcoming. They met us at the house where the fridge was filled with my requests plus more! They had a binder for us with all the info we needed regarding the house as well as suggestions on places to go and explore. As you can tell, I cannot rave enough about this house and the hosts.The house is immaculately clean as well and everything is brand new. The pictures of the house are great, but you really need to be there to see and feel the real beauty. I hope I am lucky enough to stay at this house in this beautiful town again.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Prieces 2017 per week: High Season & Christmas EUR 6.000; Mid Season EUR 5.100; Low Season EUR 4.350.
- Special Offer!
- For last weeks in August and September: A free dinner served in the house for all the guests for free! Special prices for max. 6 guests in low and mid season: Mid Season: EUR 3.250 Low Season: EUR 2.750
High Season & Christmas: 30 June - 8 September & (Christmas) 23 December - 6 january
Mid Season: 2 June - 30 June and 8 September - 29 September
Low Season: All other months
In the low and mid season San Pellegrino offers a special price for smaller groups (2 suites in the courtyard will not be used, which means max 6 persons)
Low Season: EUR 2.750
Mid Season: EUR 3.250
High Season & Christmas: 29 June - 7 September & (Christmas) 22 December - 5 january: EUR 6.750 per week
Mid Season: 1 June - 29 June and 7 September - 28 September: EUR 5.850 per week
Low Season: All other months: EUR 5.100 per week
In the low and mid season San Pellegrino offers a special price for smaller groups (2 suites in the courtyard will not be used, which means max 6 guests):
Mid season for max 6 guests: EUR 4.000 per week
Low season for max 6 guests: EUR 3.500 per week
Security deposit: EUR 750 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- The five spacious bedrooms will accommodate 10 guests. All bedlinen is made from pure linen. The mattresses are very comfortable. - Two bedrooms (one with a double bed and one with 2 single beds) share a beautifully designed bathroom with rain shower, two sinks and toilet. - The very spacious master bedroom has a large double bed, free standing bath, fireplace and en-suite bathroom (rain shower, sink and toilet). In the courtyard there are two seperate suites, each with en-suite bathroom (one with rain shower and one with bath). One suite is accessible for wheelchairs and has an extra spacious shower.
- 4 bathrooms with modern fittings and Portuegese style tiling.
- The kitchen in San Pellegrino is absolutely unique! 2 long wooden tables on a beautiful tiled floor, an indoor barbecue, plenty of space to cook together, dine and enjoy the best Italian food. This area is also ideal for cooking classes. All plates, cups and pots and pans are of the best quality. There is also an extra kitchen where the dishwasher can be find, an extra sink, storage and fridge. In the (vegetable) garden, next to the kitchen you can pick your herbs, vegetables and fruits.
- The spacious living room with comfortable sofa's in front of a fireplace has a very high ceiling all closed off with glass. This makes it a very light area, especially nice in off season as well, as the sun warms up the room. There are 2 dining tables as well in front of the glass doors, which opens to a spacious courtyard with sitting areas and large olive tree in the middle.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done twice a week: intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The living and kitchen area are all on one floor, including both paved terraces. One bedroom on the ground floor is wheelchair friendly. There are steps or grassy walks to the pool.
- Completely privately situated on a hill on the edge of a small forest. The road driving up is very picturesque with roling hills, nice views and meadows all around you. San Pellegrino offers plenty of space around the house (5000 sqm of own land), which is mainly natural grass land with olive trees and fruit trees. There are 2 terraces, one near the kitchen with outside table. The swimming pool is positioned in a natural way next to the house. The terrace near the kitchen is a lovely courtyard with large dining table, kitchen garden and herb garden Next to the house is a beautiful lawn in the shade of the big trees At the front of the house is a sunny terrace (accessible from the living room and the staircase) with a seat next to an olive tree The 18x3,5 meter pool is a little higher up the hill and the sun beds, umbrellas and seating areas guarantee the perfect sun bath.
- The owners can arrange a filled fridge upon arrival and there is a local lady available for daily cooking.
Here you are in the middle of the Umbrian Countryside with Gubbio, Spello, Assisi and Perugia nearby. The nearest town is Gualdo Tadino. This area is ideal for walking, hiking, for instance on the Monte Cucco (10km), where also paragliding can be done. On 35km you will find the largest stalactide caves in Europe: le grotte di Frasass.i
- The closest village is San Pellegrino at 1.8km. Here is a bar and a small grocery store. Gualdo Tadino is at 7km.
- The beach (Adriatic) can be reached in one hour (Ancona, Fano, Monte Conero).
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Perugia airport is 40km, Ancona airport is 80km, the airports of Rome and Florence are around 200km away. The train station (ferroviaria) of Fossato di Vico is 4km away, Gualdo Tadino is 6km away and the train station of Fabriano is 20km away.
- San Pellegrino is positioned in the triangle Gubbio, Spello, Perugia, which makes it ideal for trips. Also the sea (Ancona, Conero) is reachable within one hour. Some of the most beautiful medieval cities are reachable in less than 1 hour: Assisi (35 km), Città di Castello(73 km), Urbino (85 km), Gubbio (22 km) Spello (41 km), Perugia (52 km), Fabriano (23 km)