- Val d'Orcia, Montalcino area
- Modern design loft in the middle of the Tuscan countryside, Montalcino, Italy
- Area Map - Route
To find Vascanera Loft with Google Maps click here.
For more pictures, click here.
Vascanera Loft is a true unique and different private escape! An industrial setting against the idyllic Tuscan hills. In the well known Val d’Orcia near Pienza, Montepulciano and Siena this holiday home guarantees a different experience. One large open space area with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an amazing park style garden full of art and completed by an amazing 20 meters pool. Originally designed by the Austrian artist Reinhold Traxl, the current owners renovated the hangar and converted the former work studio into a 250 square meter holiday home for 4-6 guests. The centerpiece of the loft is the large living space, with large windows, that can be closed with transparant iron curtens. In the middle of this room a large open fireplace, designed by the Australian artist David McKee gives warmth during colder days. There is a modern kitchen unit and wine cellar, which can be accessed via a glass door interegrated in the concrete floor.
There are many outside private terraces, including a hide away garden house container with terrace, which can also be converted into a kids room.
Vascanera Loft strongly appeals to the ones who love Art and Design and on the other hand love to wander through the traditional Tuscan Countryside.
- Why this is Special
- A place for artists, for dreamers, for people with an open mind. For people who like to leave the beaten track…
- What our clients say
Ingvild, Norway (August 2017): We had a great stay at Vascanera Loft. Johny and Rita and the house was great.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.600; Mid Season EUR 2.900; Low Season EUR 1.900
High Season: 16 June 2018 - 15 September 2018
Mid Season 20 April 2018 - 15 June 2018, 16 September 2018 - 9 November 2018
Low Season 10 November 2017 - 15 June 2018 and 9 November 2018 - 20 April 2019
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Price includes: daily cleaning (not on Sunday) and end cleaning.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 6 weeks before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 2 double bedrooms with bathroom. Possibility to add 2 extra beds.
- 2 en-suite bathrooms. Both bathrooms have access to a large bathtub (200x100) which is postioned between the 2 bedrooms. There is also an outside shower.
- A fully equipped kitchen
- The central open fireplace, made by Australian artist David Mc Kee, is definitely the eye catcher in the living room.
- Other rooms
- Vascanera Loft has his own wine cellar which can be used by the guests.
- Daily cleaning service included.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is suitable for guests with reduced mobility, as there are bedrooms on the ground floor.
- The 20 meters (!) lap pool is a real piece of art, positioned in the landscape as a space ship which landed in the garden. From the pool you have a splendid view on the abandoned fairytale town of Montelifre.
There is in industrial container converted into a garden house, where one can relax, study/work or do meditation.
All around the house, but also inside you will find unique art pieces. Some of them are huge and really impressing.
- The 2 Belgian caretakers run another hospitality property in the area and have access to one part of the loft as well. There is a 200sqm empty space between the 2 units. There is a maximum of privacy and they won't use the propery all the time mainly only for sleeping.
An extra 2 beds can be added on request.
The village Montisi is a 5 minutes drive from the Loft.
The Loft is half an hour’s drive south from the city of Siena, in a lesser known but particularly captivating part of Tuscany, called the Crete Senesi. Montalcino, famous for its wines, and Pienza, famous for its cheeses and Renaissance architecture, are a 15 minutes drive. Shopping you will do in San Giovanni d'Asso, 5 minutes away.
- First shops you will find 5-10 min away from Vascanera Loft. You are surrounded by many wineries as well.
- The coast line will be a 1 hours drive from the house. The area is ideal for hiking, walking our biking.
- Extra services available and really recommended: Daily breakfast, Private chef for lunch or dinner, Private cooking classes, Private wine tastings, Massages, Private yoga teacher, Private driver and Baby sitter.
- Nearest international airports are at Florence (114 km), Umbria - Sant'Egidio near Perugia (100 km), Rome Fiumicino (230 km) and Rome Ciampino (210 km), Pisa (157 km).
- The most important cities in Tuscany and also in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Montepulciano (69 km), Montalcino (14 km), Siena (43 km), Pienza (22 km), Castiglione del Lago (60 km), Arezzo (70 km), Florence (116 km), Orvieto (95 km).