- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- In 2016 restored farmhouse, with airconditioning, between Montepulciano and Castiglione del Lago, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
Sometimes you see a property that is absolutely perfect and well laid out. Bellaria is such a place. It is an historic farmhouse, positioned between Castiglione del Lago and Montepulciano, which was completely restored and redesigned in 2016 by Special Umbria. The original character of the house has been maintained and the contemporary/modern design of the interior fits perfectly with the old, traditional structure of Bellaria. 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms guarantee privacy and comfort for all guests in the house. In addition, within the TV room, there is a small sleeping area for 2 children/young adults making this house the perfect family villa for 12 guests. The large swimming pool (2.2 metres deep) is fenced and has a diving board, ideal for the family. The playroom facing the pool area has a table tennis table and other games for both children and adults, keeping all the family entertained. The beautiful, modern kitchen is the heart of the home and is perfect for chatting with family members whilst cooking and enjoying an aperitivo at the central island.
Bellaria is ideally located for visiting Umbria and Tuscany. Within an hour you can reach most of the well-known towns in both regions. Near the house are some small villages where you will find bars and restaurants, local supermarkets and tobacco shops.
Bellaria is under exclusive Special Umbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- This historic farmhouse was brought back to life after an intensive restoration. The new modern style perfectly melds with the old, traditional structure.
- What our clients say
August 2016: “Our time here has been outstanding. We have been to Italy over 8 times and no prior trip has compared to our stay here. We have all had a great time and do not want to leave the house. Bellaria is truly a special place. The design is spectacular and your team spared no detail. An exceptional home. We will definitely be using Special Umbria again and will be recommending your company and Bellaria to all our family and friends in Vancouver.” Family d'Amici
June 2017: “Just to say thank you for our wonderful stay at your beautiful Villa Bellaria. This has to be one of the best holidays we have had. The villa, garden and views were truly exceptional and
perfect in every way - everything was beautifully designed with all that we needed and more. We all had a fantastic time and wished we could have stayed longer - in fact, we didn’t want to come home! We have already told family and friends and cannot wait to return. We would also like to say a big thank you to Alessandra and Alessandro for welcoming us to Villa Bellaria. What a lovely couple!” Family K
June 2017: “We had an incredibly good stay in this more than fantastic house. The house is not only from the outside very beautiful, but the interior exceeded every expectation. It's really on 5 star level.” Family FvR
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week 2017: Low Season EUR 3.750; Mid Season EUR 4.500; High Season EUR 5.250.
High season. 23 June till 8 September 2018;
Mid season. 26 May till 23 June 2018 & 8 September until 29 September 2018;
Low season. All other months.
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Cleaning: EUR 225 per week
Baby cot: EUR 50 per week
Dog: EUR 50 per week
The house has underfloor heating and floor cooling throughout the house. Floor cooling based upon consumption (0,40 Euros/kilowatt).
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM to 7 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days upon request.
- Save or share
- Bedroom Ground floor: Ensuite bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Double bed (180 x 210 cm). Comfortable latex mattress. Private access to the garden. Master bedroom first floor: very spacious studio with double bed (200 x 210 cm), sofa and writing desk. Ensuite bathroom with seperate shower and bath tub. This bedroom gives access to the garden/terrace with lounge area and dining table. 3rd bedroom first floor: double bed (180 x 210 cm) and ensuite bathroom. 4rd bedroom first floor: 2 single beds(90 x 210 cm) and ensuite bathroom. 5th bedroom first floor: Double bed (180 x 210 cm) and ensuite bathroom. In the living room is a tv corner where the corner sofa can be converted in 2 single beds (90 x 210 cm), with good quality mattress. This can be ideal for 2 young adults.
- All bedrooms have their own private bathroom. Showers in resin and beautiful modern tiles around the sinks.
- The kitchen is a dream come true! This very spacious area is the central part of the house and is the perfect place to cook together, sit at the central island and have a drink or make your pasta on the marble plated seperate working table. Two large window doors give access to the garden and pool area that can be fully looked over from the same kitchen. All appliances are of the highest quality. One will find good knives, beautiful plates and bowls and the best espresso machine (Bezzera) on the market now, with seperate bean grinder!
- The living area is a comfortable place to be. A large lounge style corner sofa with colorful cushions, soft carpet and a modern stove, which is a real add on in off season. The large oak dining table with 12 chairs is just two steps away from the kitchen. Attached to the living room is a library/Tv area. Here is again a large corner sofa in front of the large screen TV (Sky tv) and the library is filled with nice and informative books (about Umbria and Tuscany).
- Other rooms
- At ground floor level is a seperate laundry (washing machine and tumble dryer) and a seperate play room (facing the pool) with table tennis table, boxing sack and some fitness items.
- Cleaning will be done twice a week: intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The ground floor bedroom makes the house accessible for people with less mobility.
- The house is surrounded by a large mature garden with old trees, hedges, lawns and olive trees. Around the pool (fenced) is a lawn area, ideal for children to play. At the back side of the house is a shadowed terrace (overgrown by Wisteria) overlooking the pool and the surrounding environment of hills and fields. Here you will find a large dining table with 12 chairs as well as a big Weber bbq.
- The house has a floor cooling system which makes it very comfortable in summer (use upon request against separate charge based upon consumption). Along the front side of the house winds the asphalted access road, which is not frequently used and is not disturbing when being in the property. The whole property is fenced and the parking area is inside the gate.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest like in central Italy, is a 10 minutes drive. Here you will find all kind of water sport facilities and some beaches. In Castiglione del Lago, a lovely and lively town on the top of a peninsula in Lake Trasimeno has a lot to offer in terms of shops and restaurants; on its lake side some bars are located for young adults to have fun in the evening.
Montepulciano is closeby as well, famous for its excellent wines. It is a lovely town to go to. Montepulciano is perfectly perched on a hilltop, to be seen very well directly from the villa's terrace. Lake Montepulciano is on walking distance. This is a fishing lake (no water sports) and is very nice to walk around, especially if you like running.
Cortona is a little further away, but still near. It's a high quality town with perfect shopping facilities, nice terraces and many good restaurants.
Arezzo can also be recommended. A wonderful province town, with high quality shops, the best restaurants and history. The perfect town fo a day trip. Every first weekend of the month a very large antique/flee market is organized in the center.
- The nearest shops can be found in Pozzuolo and Gioiella (3-5 minutes car drive). Here you will also find the post office, pharmacy, bar, etc. In Castiglione del Lago you will find larger supermarkets.
- Lake Trasimeno (10 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is very close by. The Lamborghini golf course (9 holes) is a 15 minutes drive.
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (53 km), Ancona International Airport (165 km), Rome Fiumicino (207 km) and Ciampino (192 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (140 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (201 km); nearest Motorway exit is Castiglione del Lago (10 km; N75/E45) for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence. Nearest railway station is Terontola (12 km) with direct connections to Rome, Florence, Arezzo, Perugia and other popular destinations.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (15 km), Arezzo (66 Km), Citta di Castello (83 km), Siena (77 km), Florence (125 km), Perugia (48 km), Gubbio (82 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (71 km), Spoleto (120 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (97 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (68 km) and of course Rome (179 km).