- Val d'Orcia, Montalcino area
- San Giovanni d'Asso, Montalcino, Italy
- Area Map - Route
To find Villa D'Orcia with Google Maps click here.
For more pictures, click here.
Villa D'Orcia is an old farm for 22 guests, located in the heart of Tuscany near Asciano. Dating back from the middle of the 19th century, it was abandoned in the fifties and remained a ruin until 2002. The farm was reconstructed in the original rural Tuscan style found in the ”Crete Senesi” area, and offers the opportunity to spend dream holidays. The luxurious interior of minimalist architecture perfectly matches the simplicity of the old Tuscan farm style.
The guesthouse is located outside Asciano, close to the beautiful abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore and the charming hill top village of Chiusure, from which you can admire a breathtaking view of the territory. Another nearby village is San Giovanni d’Asso with its ‘Museo del Tartufo’ and the ‘Bosco della Ragnaia’ sculpture garden.
In the immediate surroundings of villa D'Orcia one can find several famous cultural and historical places of interest. Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano and even Siena are all within half an hour drive.
Villa D'Orcia is devided in 4 units for optimal privacy. All rooms have double or twin beds, on demand, and ensuite bathrooms. Linen and towels are included.
La vita è bella is the main part of this ancient Tuscan farm, suitable for up to eight people. On the ground floor, you can find a large dining room, a living room, an exhaustively equipped kitchen, a library and a multi media collection. On the first floor there are four bedrooms, each with a separate bathroom. There is one large covered terrace as well as an open one. The total surface is 300 m².
La Strada. This smaller house is perfect for four to five people and has two bedrooms and three bathrooms. There is a well accommodated kitchen connected to the dining room and a large living room, as well as a covered terrace and own private garden. The total surface is 130 m².
La dolce vita, located on the first floor, is ideal for two to three people. It has a small but well equipped kitchen integrated in the living room, a double bedroom and a sitting area which can be converted in a single room. There are two separate bathrooms, and a nice, small covered terrace with private pergola as well on the ground floor. The total surface is 60 m².
Il Postino, located on the ground floor, is ideal for two to three people. It has a small but well equipped kitchen integrated in the living room, a double bedroom and a sitting area which can be converted in a single room. There are two separate bathrooms, and a nice, small covered terrace with pergola aside. The total surface is 60 m².
Una Giornata Particolare is perfect for two people. It is located on the first floor and offers a splendid view towards Pienza. It is equipped with a small kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. The surface is 30 m².
Villa D'Orcia is the ideal location for larger group holidays.
- Why this is Special
- In a world where silence and peace becomes more precious every day, this piece of heaven will conquer your heart immediately.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 13.750; Mid Season EUR 10.650; Low Season EUR 7.540
High Season: 16 June 2018 - 15 September 2018
Mid Season: 28 April 2018 - 15 June 2018, 16 September 2018 - 9 November 2018
Low Season: 3 November 2018 - 28 April 2019
During high season only weekly stays, from Saturday to Saturday, but from November to April arrangements with a minimum of 3 nights stay are possible as well.
Cleaning: EUR 700,00
Security deposit: EUR 2.000,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Heating: based upon consumption during low season (EUR 1,20 per lt gas)
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 6 weeks before arrival.
High Season: 23 June 2019 - 1 September 2019: EUR 16.560
Mid Season: 26 May 2019 - 23 June 2019, 15 September 2019 - 2 November 2019: EUR 13.550
Low Season: 2 November 2019 - 26 April 2020 (exl. Christmas & Easter): 10.220
Christmas & Easter: EUR 13.550
From 2019 a half day & final cleaning is included.
City tax: EUR 1,00 pp/pn
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 11 double bedrooms & 2 sitting areas to be converted in a single room. All bedrooms have beautiful views over the rolling Tuscan hills.
- 12 en-suite bathrooms.
- Very well equipped kithen on the ground floor of the house with access to the terrace. There are 3 small kitchens in the apartments as welll.
- There are for living/sitting areas of which the ground floor sitting room is the most spacious one.
- Other rooms
- Daily cleaning service included.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is suitable for guests with reduced mobility, as there are bedrooms on the ground floor.
- The views over the hills are absolutely stunning, in every season of the year, and offers every guest the rest and soothing calmness he/she is looking for. In the gardens, all around the house you will find small hidden places where you can relax in privacy and enjoy the splendid postcard views. The pool is positioned in the garden, next to the breakfast room.
- The guesthouse offers you total comfort, luxury and a wide range of services on demand: complete hotel services, extra housekeeping, breakfast, lunch- and dinner service, BBQ, pizza evenings, babysitting, cooking classes, grocery shopping and so on. The managing couple can provide anything the guests like on the request. Ideal for groups, celebration of marriages, anniversaries, seminars and team building events.
Located in the heart of Tuscany, 30km south-east of Siena, near Asciano and San Giovanni d'Asso and Montalcino. This is the most beautiful and well known Tuscan countryside.
- First shops you will find 10 min away from the villa. You are surrounded by many wineries as well.
- The coast line will be a 1.5 hours drive from the house. The area is ideal for hiking, walking our biking.
- Awhole range of activities can be organized: hiking, biking, tennis, horseback riding, hot air-ballooning rides, wine tasting, cooking classes, cultural visits… You ask, and it will be organized!
- Nearest international airports are at Florence (114 km), Umbria - Sant'Egidio near Perugia (100 km), Rome Fiumicino (230 km) and Rome Ciampino (210 km), Pisa (157 km).
- The most important cities in Tuscany and also in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Montepulciano (69 km), Montalcino (14 km), Siena (43 km), Pienza (22 km), Castiglione del Lago (60 km), Arezzo (70 km), Florence (116 km), Orvieto (95 km).