- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Wonderful contemporary newly built villa with total privacy and amazing views near Preggio, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
This is such a special place to stay! The Danish owners discovered this ideal place to built and created in the last few years a dream place on this wonderful location. Covered in the woods, but with amazing views towards lake Trasimeno this is the ideal holiday location. Here you will feel immediately at home.
Villa Ghiandaia is a modern plastered wood house with large glass sections that bring the magnificent panoramic views inside the high-ceilinged rooms and make indoor and outdoor life merge together. Sustainable building solutions and interior design are joined with own design, cool and creative finds, Danish design classics and photographic art.
This recently built house with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms gives easily access to 8 guests. The house is extremely comfortable and designed in a very personal way. Here guests can really cook and really enjoy the Italian country life. The pool with infinity feeling, next to the villa, overlooks the whole are and will be the favorite place in summer.
The garden is in fact part of the woods, which give you this special natural feeling. The large trees provide a lot of shadow in hot summer and in the evening its wonderful to have dinner in front of the house looking towards the old town of Preggio, which is a fairytale.
For more pictures click here.
- Why this is Special
- This is one of our favorite villas! The owners created something absolutely special in every sense.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 2.850; Mid Season EUR 2.650; Low Season EUR 2.350.
High Season: July - September
Mid Season: May - June
Low Season: October -April
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Cleaning: EUR 125 each week.
30% deposit upon booking; balance 30 working days prior to arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- 4 spacious bedrooms, very well decorated with a nice balance between country antiques and modern design. Lovely views from the windows.
- 2 comfortable bathrooms, of which one very spacious, very well decorated and modern fittings.
- The perfect kitchen is part of the living area and is very well equipped. Professional hob and high quality espresso machine.
- The living area is the central part of the house. A large dining table as most important piece. There is a relaxing area with large glass windows overlooking the valley. Next to the fireplace to sofa's where it's ideal to read a book.
- Other rooms
- There is a seperate washing area with washing machine.
- Extensive cleaning will be done once a week on Saturday.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Iron+board, Internet access, Central heating, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- The pool with infinity feeling (9 x 5 meters) has been fitted with a dark grey bottom, which makes it merge beautifully into the landscape and it reminds a little of a forest lake. It is located on top of the plot displaced from the villa. Stairs and terraces connect the various levels, which are built into the terrain. Quite a number of trees have been cut down over time and the plot offers 180 degree views of the 4th largest lake in Italy, Lake Trasimeno, medieval towns, soft green hills and blue mountains. Comfortable furniture around the pool.
- In Castel Rigone you can buy the basic supplies (bread, meat, vegetables etc). Supermarkets in Magione and Passignano sul Trasimeno.
- Lake Trasimeno (10 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is in the next valley, near Tuoro sul Trasimeno and Passignano sul Trasimeno. Golf courses are near Panicarola (38 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (40 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- All kind of activities can be arranged upon request. Cooking can be done by the young property manager.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Ancona International Airport (165 km), Rome Fiumicino (250 km) and Ciampino (235 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (150 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (215 km); nearest Motorway exit is at Tuoro sul Trasimeno (12 km; N75/E45) for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence; in the direction Umbertide (23 km) one will find the N3bis/E45 towards the Adriatic coast northbound and to Perugia southbound. Near the train stations of Terontola (23 km) as well as the one in Umbertide one will find car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (50 km), Castiglione del Lago (28 km), Arezzo (50 Km), Citta di Castello (40 km), Siena (88 km), Florence (120 km), Perugia (45 km), Gubbio (53 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (110 km), Spoleto (105 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (95 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (65 km) and of course Rome (230 km).