- Val d'Orcia, Montalcino, Pienza area
- Modern country house with unique interior and large swimming pool near San Giovanni d'Asso, Siena, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For finding Casa Vergelle with Google Maps click here.
For more pictures, click here.
This restructured modern, contemporary villa, although not in Umbria, but in the beautiful Tuscany, was restored under own management of Special Umbria and completed in July 2012.
In one of the most special areas in Tuscany, the Val d'Orcia, near Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano, the owners created something unique, which you will hardly find anywhere in Tuscany. In the middle of the famous Tuscan countryside this wonderful villa is traditional from the outside and modern and industrial from the inside. For instance, floors in concrete, ceilings and pilasters in iron, beautiful kitchen, modern in old wood and bathrooms in Moroccan Tadelakt.
The villa is surrounded by a large garden with enormous cipresses and old oak and pine trees. In the middle of the garden is a pool of 6 x 12 meters positioned with high quality garden and pool furniture.
Villa Vergelle has 3 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms: 2 double bedrooms and one very original modern bunk bed which is not only for children, but also for adults this can be great fun. This bed is spacious with 2 meter large mattresses.
The living area is around 100 m2 with open cooking area, very large dining/working table and sitting room.
This villa is luxury in all senses. The owners thought about everything to make your holiday a special event to not forget.
Villa Vergelle is under Exclusive SpecialUmbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- This is the unique combination between traditional country side living and modern design. This is how your holiday should be.
- What our clients say
October 2016, Miriam K.
We had a faboulous time at Villa Vergelle. The house and the surroundings were even more beautiful than we expected from the pictures – and our expectations were high. Unfortunately the weather was unexpectedly cold during our stay, so we couldn’t use the pool. But on the other hand this gave us more time to explore Siena, Pienza and many other wonderful sites. We had a fantastic dinner prepared by Chef Angelo, it was just great to be spoilt by his cooking skills – to be highly recommended!
Though last not least a big thank you to your Agency: Your support with booking, payments i.e. was highly professional. Thank you also for your always quick answers to all the questions I had, as silly they might have been...
July 2017, Bob D.
We had a tremendous time during our stay at Villa Vergelle. The villa was light filled and airy, the rooms very comfortable, the two patios made sitting outside at any time of the day or evening perfect. And of course the pool was fantastic – large, clean and very refreshing. Lastly, we cannot say enough good things about Elisa, the villa’s caretaker, and the restaurant that she and her mom run a couple of hundred yards down the road. It was a great stay and on our short list of places to come back to in the years to come.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.300, Mid Season EUR 2.950, Low Season EUR 2.050
High Season: 17 June, July and August until 9 September 2017
Mid Season: 3 till 17June 2017 and 9 till 30 September 2017
Low Season: All other months
High Season: 16 June, July and August until 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 2 till 16 June 2017 and 8 till 29 September 2018
Low Season: All other months
Cleaning: EUR 175;
Security deposit: EUR 500 to be paid in cash upon arrival.
Airconditioning and pool heating based on consumption (0,35 Euros/khw).
Baby cot: EUR 50 per week
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days on request.
- Save or share
- 3 bedrooms in total with en-suite bathroom, of which 2 double bed bedrooms and 1 bedroom with an unique bunk bed that sleeps 4 people. The bunk bed is ideal for children, but also adults can sleep here in a very comfortable way.
- 3 en-suite bathrooms with toilet, bidet and spacious shower. The bathrooms are made in Moroccan Tadelakt. In the main bedroom is also a stand alone bath tub privately positioned in a semi-closed angle of the main bedroom.
- Very well designed kitchen in the middle of the 100 m2 living area with all imaginable equipment. Large American Fridge and Freezer. Large SMEG stove, a wood fireplace for grilling, high quality Italian Espresso machine and everything to make Italian cooking a succes.
- A very spacious living area (100m2) with on one side the dining area where a long table with many chairs is positioned. On the other side is the lounge area with sofa and TV/Dvd.
- Other rooms
- There is a utility room next to the kitchen and a seperate toilet in the living area. In the basement there is also a washing machine and a dryer.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the villa, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Large garden/park with enormous trees (pine trees, oak trees and cipresses). Large lawn where one can do any sort of ball play. Just below the house is the pool positioned (6 x 12m and 1,90 m deep). There are high quality garden furniture and sun beds available. There is also a table tennis table in the garden.
Casa Vergelle is positioned in the middle of the Unesco Val d'Orcia, which is the most traditional Tuscan Countryside. You are near Montalcino, famous for its wines, and Pienza, famous for their cheese and its Renaissance architecture. Siena is quite near, but also Montepulciano and other well known Tuscan towns are within an half our drive. The sea is a 1 hour drive from the villa.
- Next to the villa, 1 minute walk, is a good local restaurant/bar where you can have lunch, dinner, or when the children can buy an icecream.
- The beach in Grosseto, Monte Argentario, is a one hour drive from the villa (68 km).
- All kind of activities on request. SpecialUmbria works closely together with an Italian young chef who can come to the villa to cook.
- Nearest international airports are at Florence (114 km), Umbria - Sant'Egidio near Perugia (100 km), Rome Fiumicino (230 km) and Rome Ciampino (210 km), Pisa (157 km).
- The most important cities in Tuscany and also in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Montepulciano (69 km), Montalcino (14 km), Siena (43 km), Pienza (22 km), Castiglione del Lago (60 km), Arezzo (70 km), Florence (116 km), Orvieto (95 km). Beach, Grosseto (86 km).