- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Unique modern design in newly built Umbrian villa in Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
For more pictures of Il Nido, click here.
Il Nido, built under Special Umbria Project Mangement and Interior Design, was completed in June 2018. Its unique modern south European style, the breathtaking position and the highest level of comfort makes this brand new holiday home one of the most special places to stay in the center of Italy. Your stay here will be an unforgettable one and it will be difficult to go back to daily life!
Il Nido, 'the nest', is positioned on top of a hill surrounded by old oak trees in the back and only the most wonderful views on the front side of the house. It's all about infinity feeling here. All day long just enjoying the view is what this house makes such a special place. 5 cosy bedrooms, with open space bathrooms, a real dream kitchen, a black style (heated) swimming pool of 15 x 4 meters, floor cooling in every room, the most special light fittings everywhere, the outside living room with fireplace, it's all there to give you a maximum of pure holiday feeling.
Il Nido a is under Exclusive SpecialUmbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- The high level of quality of this villa and the particular interior and exterior design is one of a kind in Umbria. You will only find it here in Il Nido.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week in 2018: High Season EUR 4.750 (including floor cooling); Medium Season: EUR 4.500 (incl pool heating); Low Season: EUR 3.500 (incl. pool heating); Christmas: EUR 4.500 (incl pool heating).
- Special Offer!
- Special 2018 introduction prices!
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 8 September - 29 September 2018
Christmas: 22 December 2018 - 5 January 2019
Low Season: all other months
High Season: 22 June - 7 September 2019 - EUR 5.250,00 (five thousand two hundred and fifty euros / 00 eurocents)
Mid Season: 7 September - 28 September 2019 - EUR 4.750,00 (four thousand seven hundred fifty euros / 00 eurocents)
Christmas: 21 December 2018 - 4 January 2019 - EUR 4.750,00 (four thousand seven hundred fifty euros / 00 eurocents)
Low Season: all other months - EUR 3.500,00 (three thousand five hundred euros / 00 eurocents) incl. pool heating
Weekly cleaning: EUR 225,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot: EUR 50,00 per week
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days upon request
- Save or share
- All open space bedrooms are en-suite, of which the shower and sinks are part of the bedroom; the WC is closed off. The bedrooms have very comfortable mattrasses, high quality pure linen bedlinen and beautiful light fittings. The showers and floors are in resin. 2 bedrooms are part of the main house and 3 bedrooms are positioned in the guest wing. 1 bedroom has a connecting door to the other bedroom, which makes it also very comfortable for parents with children.
- All bathrooms are part of the bedrooms and make the bedrooms one open space area. The WC's are part of the room as well, but have a door. High quality fittings, resin floors and walls. There is a seperate WC on the ground floor and a seperate WC in the basement.
- The kitchen is one of the best kitchens you can find in a holiday villa. A 4 meters long isle with smegg appliances (dishwasher, hood, 2 ovens, 5 burners). A Kitchenaid ice cubes maker guarantees cold aperatives and your wine on the best temperature. There is a second kitchen attached to the kitchen with double fridge, second dishwasher, sink and washing machine and dryer. High quality equipment everwhere: Kitchenaid kitchen machine, bread maker, all you need for good cooking will be available. It's such a joy to cook your dinners here or to have the SU staff cooking for you.
- The living room is a wonderful cosy place with an enormous sofa in which you can dissapear. Nice Gervasoni style armchairs, carpets and plants all around to make this a very nice place to relax. The sitting and dining area is divided by open cupboard with nice decoration items and plants. In the center is the wood buring stove which openings on both sides. Large made to measure dining table with comfortable chairs.
- Other rooms
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the house, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay. The cleaning lady will clean the house once a week; more often upon request.
- Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition.
- Ideal for less mobile guests as 2 bedrooms will be on the ground floor. All floors inside are without sills.
- Il Nido is positioned on top of a hill, consisting of a terraced piece of private land of approximately 7000 sqm. This land is completely fenced. Around the house some of the original old oak trees give the house a nice mature and also green look and feel. These trees provide also natural shade. In front of the house there are only green lawns with the black liner heated pool in the center (15 x 4 meters). On one of the short sides of the pool a nice pergola covered with old tree branches provides good shade. The 2 large double bed bamboo sunbeds are the best place to relax. Next to the pool another 4 single sunbeds and parasols will be found. There is a table tennis table made out of local stone and a 'jeu de boules' court next to the pool. Between the main house and the guest wing the covered lounge terrace will be everyone's favorite place to sit. Nice comfy sofa's, swing chairs, a fireplace which makes it also in off season a place to sit outside. Underneath the main porch a large wooden hand made table with 10 bamboo chairs is just the best spot for having your lunches and dinners with a magnificient view.
- The entire property enjoys excellent tranquility without being remote. The nearest neighbouring properties are at a distance over 70 meters.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other interesting towns are Città della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve and Panicale.
- Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details: * cities and touring * events and festivals * food and wine * nature and sports
- Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates. Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged. For this SpecialUmbria has an exclusive partnership with a young Italian chef.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).