- Umbria, Umbertide-Perugia area
- Ancient church on large estate in the heart of Umbria near Pierantonio, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures click here.
La Chiesetta is the ancient church on the Carmine Estate, located in the heart of Umbria, only 20 minutes north of the cosmopolitan city of Perugia and close to the borders of Tuscany.
La Chiesetta is part of a large estate which is privately owned and has been lovingly restored over the last 5 years by the present owners. What was once an abandoned valley is now a thriving farm including an ancient olive grove, 3 hectares of red and white grapes, a truffle wood and pasture, producing a variety of organic produce.
It is located at the foot of Monte Tezio in a protected valley, where the wildlife is abundant and nature is thriving. The views from all aspects are stunning. To the south is Monte Subasio and the town of Assisi, to the west the ancient castle of Antognolla and to the north woodlands and the mountains ranges of the Appenines.
La Chiesetta has been restored along with its adjoining farmhouse into a simple but elegant 14 bed ‘country house’; with precise attention to detail and use of the very best of local materials, producing accommodation of outstanding quality. There is also a wonderful large private pool just above the church with nice views.
This beautiful and unique location is ideal for a wedding ceremony, or a family gathering or other special occasion. The chapel, which is the 'living area' of the property can be easily transformed into a ceremony hall, or concert location or whatever the guests may like.
The property is divided into two structures which are positioned very close to each other: the first is the ancient church and the second is the farm house. The ancient church features a large well equipped kitchen, a dining room and a large drawing room in the main section of the church. The restored farmhouse features seven bedrooms and six bathrooms: five ensuite double bedrooms, one double room and one single room which share a bathroom. Also in the farmhouse is a small kitchen and a very nice cosy living room with comfortable sofa and tv.
- Why this is Special
- This is an ideal location for organizing a wedding or extensive family Reunion where one will be part of medieval history with all modern comfort.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week:Peak Season: EUR 9.000; High Season: EUR 6.750 Mid Season 2018: EUR 5.500; Low Season: EUR 4.500
Mid Season: 29 September - 27 October 2018
Low Season: 27 October - 31 December 2018
Peak Season: 29 June - 31 August 2019
High Season: 25 May - 29 June 2019/ 31 August - 28 September 2019
Mid Season: 30 March 2019 - 25 May 2019/ 28 September - 26 October 2019
Low Season: 1 January - 30 March 2019/ 26 October - 31 December 2019
Cleaning (3 hours per day, excl.Sunday) and linen included in the rental price.
Extra house cleaning: EUR 20 per hour
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- Assisi is a large double bedroom, with a terrace. The ensuite bathroom has a shower and free-standing bath, with lovely views down the valley. There is a generous sized double bed. Pierantonio is a double bedroom, with its own stone terrace; it has an ensuite bathroom with shower. The bed can be made into two singles if needed. Antognolla is a double bedroom that is suitable for disabled use; it has its own terrace and an ensuite bathroom with shower. As above, the bed can be double or two singles. La Bruna is a small room with a single bed, hand basin, small fridge and kettle. It would be suitable for an older child or teenager. In addition there is a small laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer and sink. First floor Stone stairs from the vaulted hallway lead to the first floor where there are 4 further bedrooms and an additional sitting room. Monte Corona, the master bedroom, has a large double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower. There is a large fireplace, private terrace and outdoor stairs, giving it its own entrance. Monte Acuto is a double room with ensuite bathroom with shower. The bed can become two singles if necessary. Monte Tezio is similar to Monte Acuto, but has a bathroom right next to it which can also be used by guests using the sitting room. Again, the double bed can be two singles. Monte Subasio is a charming small room with a single bed and its own hand basin. The nearby bathroom next to Bedroom 6 can be shared with this room. The rooms all lead onto the centrally located sitting room, with comfortable sofa, stereo system, satellite TV and a well stocked bookcase. There are also games, toys for different ages, and pens, paints and drawing paper for children.
- All the 5 bathrooms are done in a very high quality and comfortable style.
- The kitchen is located at the front on this property. It is very well equipped and includes a double oven and 6 gas hobs, dishwasher, microwave, espresso maker and large fridge/freezer. There is also a kitchen table and chairs. A toilet (suitable for disabled) is located here. The kitchen leads onto outdoor dining terraces with barbeque facilities, each providing shade during the day.
- The main church area has been restored to the exact proportion of the original, together with a recently discovered small crypt. It is a magnificent room, imposing in its sense of peace and history. It is furnished with comfortable sofas and a grand piano, and is wonderful for relaxation, yoga or meditation. It is also a good entertainment space. The large floor to ceiling glass window provides a beautiful view of the surrounding countryside. Off this main room is a dining room, able to seat 14. There is a wood-burning stove for cooler days. Doors from the dining room lead onto an outdoor dining terrace, with a covered pergola to provide shade, a large table and dining chairs, to comfortably seat 14 or more.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning is included in the rental price, including a daily maid service.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- One double bedroom on the groundfloor has disabled access and bathroom facilities. If one of your party requires any assistance please discuss this with the managers in advance.
- The swimming pool is located above the main house in a quiet and secluded position. It is furnished with sunbeds, large umbrellas, outdoor shower and a toilet inside the poolhouse. A pergola provides shade, and there is a fridge to keep drinks cool. The area around the pool has been fenced for safety but this does not impose on the wonderful views. A barbecue area is located close to the main kitchen and outside dining area.
- The church is part of a wonderful and large estate with truffle woods an new vineyards, all private and pure nature.
The property is nestled amongst hills in a peaceful valley, surrounded by meadows, woods, vineyards and olive groves. It is reached via a ‘strada bianca’ – white (unmade) road – and is approximately 1 kilometre from the main road. The views from the church and house are beautiful. There is an atmosphere of peace and quiet although the property is not isolated. It's ideal for making long walks around the property.
First and for all facility is the Golf Course of Antognolla, an 18 holes Championship course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. within the estate at 15 minutes drive. There is a driving range, practice ground, club house, restaurant, bar and rental facilities for clubs, trolleys and golf carts. The club is also accessible with a golf cart through a private path across the nature reserve.
All kind of activities can be arranged upon request, also wedding planning, cooking courses, catering, walks, etc. Please ask for more detailed information.
- The nearest village of Pierantonio and its shops are a mere 10 minute drive, where Umbertide, the nearest small town is about 15 minutes and Perugia is about 25 minutes away.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest international airports are at Umbria - Sant'Egidio near Perugia (28 km), Rome Fiumicino (230 km) and Rome Ciampino (213 km), Florence (152 km), Forli (158 km), Ancona (156 km) and Bologna (218 km); the nearest E45 Motorway exit is at Pierantonio (7 km) for northbound to Umbertide, Citta di Castello and further to Ravenna, Rimini and Bologna - Milan and southbound to Perugia; nearest train station is in Pierantonio (7 km) and in Umbertide (14 km) where also car rentals are available.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Citta di Castello (36 km), (wine in) Montepulciano (69 km), Castiglione del Lago (48 km), Arezzo (85 km), Cortona (49 km), Siena (110 km), Florence (152 km), Perugia (31 km), Gubbio (31 km), Todi (69 km), Orvieto (103 km), Spoleto (83 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (74 km), Deruta (45 km), Assisi (45 km) and of course Rome (210 km).