- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Newly built apartment with unique interior and large swimming pool in Piegaro, Italy
- Area Map - Route
click here to view in Google Maps
This new Apartment Gallo was built and interior designed under own management of Special Umbria, completed in May 2012.
In Piegaro, on the border with Tuscany and near Lake Trasimeno, this traditional large country house is divided into 4 apartments. The building is beautifully positioned with amazing views towards Tuscany. Two large pools (each 6 x 12 meters) belong to the property and are located just below the house, close to a vineyard creating amazing views. Every apartment shares one pool with only one other apartment.
Apartment Gallo is a lovely apartment for 6 guests. It consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large living/cooking area, a very spacious terrace with lounge corner and a private garden with a lot of space. In fact Gallo has a real private villa feeling.
The interior of apartment Gallo is one of a kind and truly different from what you will normally find in an ordinary holiday apartment. The style can be described as 'shabby chique'. Old looking furniture is combined with modern design and industrial lightning. Old wood has an important role in the entire design, as well as colors, which will be found in the fabrics you will see all around the apartment. The kitchen is very well equipped with large Smeg stove and stand alone colored Smeg fridge. Cooking lovers can enjoy themselves a lot!
The building is dominantly positioned halfway an important hillside near Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Enjoying spectacular vast views to Tuscany (Montepulciano). The old Medieval town of Piegaro is only 2 kilometers away where the A1 Motorway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 minutes drive.
This is absolutely something different you won't see anywhere else in Umbria!
- Why this is Special
- This is what an apartment should be: the feeling of having your own private villa and at the same time being part of a luxurious small complex, with a maximum of privacy and comfort.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- Inside: 190 gross sqm including porch and terrace; outside: approximately 235 sqm private garden plus approximately 1600 sqm condominial garden and pool area.
- Rental Potential
- 13-15 weeks per year; the property enjoys very interesting rental revenues enabled by a full running property management and rental package serviced by SpecialUmbria that can easily be taken over by the buyer.
- UNDER OFFER
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- All bedrooms have iron wrought and wooden beds, made by local craftsmen. High quality bed linen (Egyptian cotton), colorful blankets (Missoni Home) and industrial lightning.
- The bedroom on the ground floor is en-suite. On the first floor the two bedrooms share a spacious bathroom. All fittings are latest design. The bathroom areas have a particular design: mirrors in old wood, sink tables in wood combined with modern fittings.
- The spacious kitchen is made in local style, with old wooden doors and marble top. Large Smeg stove, dishwasher and colored Smeg fridge. Extra attention has been paid to sufficient working space as well as a lot of equipment to enjoy Italian cooking by yourself.
- The cosy living area has a comfortable large corner sofa and Dutch style GISPEN chairs, recolored yellow carpet and nice industrial lightning. There is an old wooden dining table with modern style chairs (Eames). Particular furniture and decorations. During cold days the woodburning stove (installed end 2015) will give a comfortable warmth. There is underfloor heating in the entire apartment.
- Other rooms
- A private washing machine and dryer are available in a separate private storage room in the basement of the building.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Shared pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- Every 2 apartments have their own shared pool (6 x 12 meters) positioned next to the large vineyard overlooking the whole area towards Tuscany. For every guest there will be a sun bed available.
- Direct Environment
- A couple of other properties in the same style and quality are at comfortable distance on one side of the house where at other two sides a very quiet local access road is located. In the front of the property seemly endless vineyards and olive groves are neighbouring including vast views! The local access roads takes approximately 700 meters to the asphalted road to the town of Piegaro which is another 2,5 kms.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can offer full property management and rental services all year through for this property. You can find more information in the separate section 'Property Services' on this website.
- Class C
- The property is connected to comunal water, electricity, gas and mains as well as a condominial system of supply of irrigation water. Flat wireless internet access is hooked up in all private and condominial areas. The property benefits from the production of electricity via a condominial photovoltaic system. Electrical and hydraulic installations (including underfloor heating system, water softener, water pressure system and full automatic garden irrigation system) are in optimal condition.
- The property is offered for sale in its current state as described in this profile; all present furniture is for sale at an additional asking price of EUR 45.000. All current short term rental commitments will be respected, to be jointly settled between seller and buyer. Airconditioning (floor cooling) can be easily installed at buyer's expense at a separate price of approximately EUR 17.500 (rough estimate) including heatpump that can also run the underfloor heating in winter avoiding high cost of gas consumption.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Citta della Pieve (13 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Citta della Pieve.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the property. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (25 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (16 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).