- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Piegaro, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
This old typical Umbrian local stone exposed country house including annexes, to be fully restored, is positioned close to the main road surrounding the Medieval village of Piegaro (350 meters above sea level) which is southwest of Lake Trasimeno. It is located just outside the historical fortified wall of town and is literally just two steps away of its center with all basic services: groceries, butcher, bakery, bars, restaurants, pharmacy, bank and church.
The views from the property are on undisturbed green hills, horizontally into a local valley and upwards to Monte Arale (853 meters above sea level).
The name 'House of the fish men' relates to ancient times when the house was located at a small lake and therefore frequented/lived in by fish men.
The property for sale is to be fully restored, spread over 3 floors. At ground floor level is a garage and a cellar; at the first floor one can find the entrance with old wood stove, kitchen and living room with fireplace; at the second floor are 2 bedrooms. There is the possibility of expanding the building and eventually construct a swimming pool.
Ideal for those seeking a home with older Umbrian peasant features, comfortable, completely independent but still very close to town.
Please inform for more pictures
- Why this is Special
- Ideally situated place just two steps from the fortified walls of the historical centre of the village of Piegaro, in the centre of Umbria, with privacy and still all amenities at walking distance.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- Inside: approximately 170 gross sqm of main house and annexes plus another building allowance of approximately 100 gross sqm; Outside: approximately 17.600 sqm (of which approximately 3000 sqm olive grove, approximately 3500 sqm meadows, approximately 1800 sqm arable land and approximately 9300 sqm arable land planted with trees.
- Rental Potential
- Depending on type and quality of restoration project; SpecialUmbria is happy to present an investment evaluation including rental projections.
- EUR 110.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- In the current lay out are two bedrooms at the second floor; the number, layout and design of the bedrooms can be fully decided by the buyer.
- In the current lay out are no bathrooms; the number, layout and design of the bathrooms can be fully decided by the buyer.
- In the current lay out is a kitchen at first floor level; the number, layout and design of the kitchens can be fully decided by the buyer.
- In the current lay out is a livingroom at first floor level; the number, layout and design of the livingrooms can be fully decided by the buyer.
- Other rooms
- In the current lay out is a garage and cellar at ground floor level; the number, layout and design of all other rooms (like garage, storage, wine cellar, technical and utility areas, wardrobes, etc.) can be fully decided by the buyer.
- The outside area is rural and needs garden landscaping, a proper terrace and eventually an open air swimming pool.
- Direct Environment
- The property is directly accessible via a short well maintained dirt road, that one enters from the main asphalted road that is winding around the village of Piegaro. The property enjoys a lot of privacy (no direct neighbours); one can see a few other well maintained country houses at comfortable distance, in the back of the panoramic view from the main house; the fortified town walls are situated a little higher up in the back of the main house at the other side of the main road.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can look after every step from acquisition to completion, interior and exterior design. Upon completion SpecialUmbria can offer full property management and rental services all year through for this property. You can find more information in the separate section 'Property Services' on this website.
- Class to be decided at the start of the restoration/renovation project
- Electricity, comunal water and mains are available at the property.
- The asking selling price refers to the property in its current state as described in this profile.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (0,2 km) and other important towns are Città della Pieve (10 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km). From this property one can make long walks, hikes and bicycle tours.
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops one can find in Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve.
- Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details: * cities and touring * events and festivals * food and wine * nature and sports
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).