- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- The property is located in the small village of Badia, deep into the green of the Umbrian - Tuscan countryside, about 5 km from Castiglione del Lago.
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
This typical farmhouse, dated back from nineteenth century is characterized by reddish bricks, typical of the area around the Lake Trasimeno. Thanks to its versatility many solutions to transform it are at hand.
Close to the village of Badia, and yet in the perfect position to live at the full the typical country lifestyle which Umbria offers.
Surrounded by a garden, it boasts an oval swimming pool surrounded by the perfect loan where spending the summer.
- Why this is Special
- Typical farmhouse with outside brick walls, in the perfect old style located in a village but yet mantaining the sense of being in the countryside, located at the border between Tuscany and Umbria
- Save or share
- Type of property
- Inside: Approx. 440sqm Outside: Approx. 3000sqm
- Rental Potential
- 12-15 weeks per annum
- EUR 400.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- On the first floor are four double bedrooms (two with an internal bathroom).
- Three bathrooms.
- On the first floor you'll find a dining area and the kitchen.
- Large living room with wood fireplace.
- Other rooms
- A large garage and several rooms with vaulted ceilings to be restructured on the ground floor.
- The property is surrounded by a large private garden of 3,000 sqm with a swimming pool (9x4), an old oven and a large picnic area with a gazebo.
- Direct Environment
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can offer full property management and rental services all year through for this property. You can find more information in the separate section 'Property Services' on this website.
- Class G
- All utilities (electricity, mains water, sewage and GPL gas) are available.
- The current asking sales price refers to the property as described in this profile and it is sold furnished.
Castiglione del Lago is a Medieval town in Umbria, full of art and culture, on the western shore of Trasimeno Lake (territory mainly flat). It is located on the border with the province of Siena and Arezzo.
Lake Trasimeno, the largest like in central Italy, is a 10 minutes drive. Here you will find all kind of water sport facilities and some beaches. In Castiglione del Lago, a lovely and lively town on the top of a peninsula in Lake Trasimeno has a lot to offer in terms of shops and restaurants; on its lake side some bars are located for young adults to have fun in the evening.
Montepulciano is closeby as well, famous for its excellent wines. It is a lovely town to go to. Montepulciano is perfectly perched on a hilltop, to be seen very well directly from the villa's terrace. Lake Montepulciano is on walking distance. This is a fishing lake (no water sports) and is very nice to walk around, especially if you like running.
Cortona is a little further away, but still near. It's a high quality town with perfect shopping facilities, nice terraces and many good restaurants.
Arezzo can also be recommended. A wonderful province town, with high quality shops, the best restaurants and history. The perfect town fo a day trip. Every first weekend of the month a very large antique/flee market is organized in the center.
- Lake Trasimeno (10 km) with its islands, boats, beaches, leisure activities and amazing views is very close by. The Lamborghini golf course (9 holes) is a 15 minutes drive.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (52 km), Ancona International Airport (165 km), Rome Fiumicino (207 km) and Ciampino (192 km) International Airports, Florence International Airport (140 km) as well as Pisa International Airport (201 km); nearest Motorway exit is Castiglione del Lago (10 km; N75/E45) for the connection with the A1 to Rome and Florence. Nearest railway station is Terontola (12 km) with direct connections to Rome, Florence, Arezzo, Perugia and other popular destinations.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (15 km), Arezzo (66 Km), Citta di Castello (83 km), Siena (77 km), Florence (125 km), Perugia (48 km), Gubbio (82 km), Todi (85 km), Orvieto (71 km), Spoleto (120 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (97 km), Deruta (60 km), Assisi (68 km) and of course Rome (179 km).