- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Nicely restored farmhouse from late 1800 with views on Lake Trasimeno and the Appenines, Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to see in Google
Casolare dei Poggi is located in the small, charming hamlet of Cantagallina with paved access road, just 2 km from the village of Villastrada, a few kilometers north-east of the historical Etruscan town of Chiusi (Tuscany) and south of the medieval town of Castiglione del Lago (Umbria), right at the shore of Lake Trasimeno. The villa was built in 1892 and has been completely renovated and elegantly furnished. Original features such as internal doors, terracotta floors and beautiful structure of old wooden ceiling beams have been retained.
The house consists of three units: two apartments on the ground floor (90 sqm + 60 sqm) and a first floor apartment (approx. 130 sqm ), which is permanently occupied by the owner since late 2000.
Apartment 1 (approx. 90 sqm): large living room with fireplace and dining area, fully equipped kitchen (2012) with dishwasher, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom (2011) with large walk-in shower and 2 sinks, terrace
Apartment 2 (approx. 60 sqm): studio / living room with kitchen, dressing room, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom (2012 ) with shower, terrace
The main apartment (approx. 130 sqm) consists of a large living room on two levels, part of the room has a ceiling hight of 3-4 meters, half open kitchen (stainless steel, 90 cm SMEG oven, double sink and dishwasher), a small pantry for storage and exit to the terrace of approximately 15 m2 with amazing unobstructed panoramic view.
Each apartment has a private entrance and one or more private terraces. Both residential floors can, if desired, be easily connected by an internal staircase.
- Why this is Special
- Completely renovated farmhouse with no deferred maintenance and amazing unobstructed panoramic views over the valley towards Lake Trasimeno and the Apennines
- Save or share
- Type of property
- inside: approximately 280 sqm; outside: approximately 1800 sqm.
- Rental Potential
- 15-17 weeks per year
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- 9 rooms, including 6 bedrooms and large attic
- 4 (3 with shower, one with bathtub)
- 3 (2 with dishwasher)
- 3 (each apartment)
- Other rooms
- * Separate garage (35 sqm) built in brick, interior and exterior plastered walls and tiled floor * Covered wood storage * Wooden shed
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Private pool, Pool heating, all in good condition.
- Beautifully positioned outside heated swimming pool (12m x 5m) with vast views on the surrounding fields and hills. Includes an outdoor shower, electric thermal cover and winter cover.
- Direct Environment
- Casolare dei Poggi is located in the small and very tranquil hill top hamlet of Cantagallina and has two direct neighbouring properties at comfortable distance, hidden behind fences of green (trees and shrubs) that don't take away the panoramic views on the environment.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can rent out this property and offer full property management services all year through for this property.
- Class G
- The whole house is equipped with central heating. Present are an underground 10,000 liter watertank for drinkable water as well as rainwater tank for garden irrigation. Each floor has its own underground gas tank, boiler, water meter and electricity meter.
- The property is offered for sale in its current state including all indoor furniture in the holiday apartments and part of the furniture in the house on the first floor, garden furniture, tools and many extras.
The property is situated in Castiglione del Lago, in a small and charming hamlet and is about 2 km far from Villastrada. The building was built in the 1892 and after restored. Surrounded by greenery, with beautiful view on Trasimeno lake and Apennines, the house is located 2 km far from Chiusi, 7 km from Castiglione del Lago, 40 km from Perugia.
- Whether sportive, cultural, culinary or shopping interests, our area offers a wide range of diverse activities for everyone.
- Casolare dei Poggi is located very central to many interesting places in Tuscany and Umbria, with good access by motorway (15 km) or train (8 km). From Chiusi station one can reach Roma and Firenze in just a little more than 1 hour by Intercity trains. The nearest airports to Casa le Querce are Roma, Firenze, Pisa, Bologna or Perugia. From these towns there are trains to Chiusi - Chianciano Terme where there are taxicabs available or a car can be rented from Hertz, Avis or Europcar. Another option would be to rent a car at the airport and drive to Cantagallina (Perugia 40 minutes / Firenze 1 hour / Bologna, Pisa and Roma 2 hours).
- Castiglione del Lago: 10 km Chiusi: 8 km Panicale: 10 km Montepulciano: 25 km Perugia: 45 km Cortona: 30 km Orvieto: 50 km Montalcino: 45 km Assisi: 65 km Siena: 60 km Gubbio: 100 km Firenze: 120 km