- Umbria, Campello Sul Clitunno, Trevi
- Uncoventional design house sheltered in a dominant position overlooking the fortress of Campello Alto
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps
La Ferrosa is a really unique property! Fully enshrined in a medieval borgo made by 5 houses, in a very dominant position with an amazing view not only onto Campello Alto, but also fully immersed in the so-called Fascia Olivata, the world famous zone from Assisi to Spoleto fully covered with olive groves.
What really amazes of the house is how the architecture plays with the natural space where it is located. Created by a German architect and his wife, a sculptor from New York: they have created their own Italian dream here, with great respect for the old building combined with a contemporary design and unconventional iron made art pieces and installation (from here the name Ferrosa...iron in English), including all technical comfort such as floor heating. In addition, the surrounding garden with its various terraces has been designed by a renowned Berlin landscape architect and reflects the same ideas. The garden is an explosion of fig trees, succulent plants and cactus. The pool is obtained from a stone basin, that reminds a natural crystal clear pond integrated into a natural rock terrace. In fact, the 3600 m² of land are divided in a landscaped garden (1600 m²) and an olive grove with additional parking opportunity. The garden invites you to marvel, linger and relax, with a multitude of ideas and situations: an outdoor kitchen allows sunset barbecues, a greenhouse is used as winter garden for lemon and orange trees but also as a tearoom on sunny winter days, a fig tree has become a natural tend, powerful agaves define the ramparts of the hill and colourful irises turn April into a feast for the eye.
The seemingly endless views continue over the gentle hills of the Valle Umbra and, in the distance, to the well-known city of Spoleto and the Apennines beyond.
The house is divided into two separate autonomous apartments. Due to the hillside position, both apartments are connected directly to a garden area with inside and outside stairs.
Please inform for more picture and floor plan.
- Why this is Special
- Ideally south-facing oriented, La Ferrosa is flooded with light and offers spectacular sunrises and sunsets in one of the marvellous spots of Umbria. The Monte Serano in the north protects the property from north winds and creates a mild microclimate during winter, whereas the summer nights here are pleasantly cooler than in the valley.
- Save or share
- Type of property
- Inside: 200 sqm first floor + 150 sqm ground floor. Outside: approximately 3600 sqm Land on more levels (terraced)
- Rental Potential
- 12-14 weeks per year
- EUR 600.000
- Sales Brochure
- Click here (Acrobat .pdf).
- HOW TO BUY
- If you would like to buy or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to buy' button on the left. You will be directed to our sales contact form.
- 2 double bedrooms on lower floor, 1 double bedroom on the upper floor. One studio with mezzanine can be easily turned into another double bedroom
- 1 bathroom on the lower floor; upper floor: 1 en-suite bathroom with shower with an open view onto valley, 1 bathroom.
- On the lower floor, 1 kitchen with French doors onto the pergola. On the upper floor kitchen isle fully equipped in the living room.
- The main entrance of the house opens into a big living room with ancient fireplace in which the owners have inserted an iron fireplace. From the living room, a small corridor leads to a studio with stove and mezzanine floor with beautiful view. From the studio/living room one door leads to the master bedroom. On the lower floor there is a very spacious living room that opens onto the pergola
- Other rooms
- At the upper floor level, one will find another small room that can be used as a small office or storage room. From the living room, you reach the garden and a second living area used as an artist’s studio (with a kiln for pottery) which could be redesigned as an additional bedroom with en-suite bathroom. On the lower floor, there is a technical room with washing machine and linked to that, there is an ancient cave with electricity so it can be used as well.
- Amenities: Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Barbeque, all in good condition.
- Partly fenced, 6by4 mt deep pool integrated in the rock, terraced garden, olive grove, parking place, natural pond, greenhouse, outdoor small kitchen.
- Direct Environment
- The neighbourhood is a tiny community with privacy.
- Property Management
- SpecialUmbria can offer a full package of property management services all year through for this property. See the section 'Property Services' on this website.
- Class G
- The house is provided with the following technical installations: under-floor heating throughout the house; rainwater cistern, town water supply, electricity, internet wi-fi, all in good state.
- The current asking sales price refers to the property in its current state as described in this profile; the owners are available to discuss the sale of part of the current available inside and outside furniture at a separate price.
The house is located among few other houses, part of the former medieval hamlet, but privacy is granted: the house is the highest so no direct view onto the pool and the garden by the neighbours. At 1 km there is the medieval castle of Campello Alto at 514 mt on see level.
- The closest town is Campello sul Clitunno, with bars and restaurants.
- Ideal for long hiking walks directly from the property. Very close to the town of Spoleto famous for its arts festivals such as the Festival dei Due Mondi.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (50 km), Falconara Airport (170 km) near Ancona, Rome Fiumicino (180 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (210 km); nearest SS3 Motorway exit is at Campello (10 km).
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Trevi 15 km, Spoleto 20 km, Foligno 25 km, Bevagna 28 km, Montefalco 20 km, Perugia 50 km, Assisi 40 km, Lake Trasimeno 80 km.