- Umbria, Todi area
- Cooking school and guest house in the beautiful town of Todi, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures, click here.
Next to the B&B activities (with a minimum of 4 nights stay) La Cucina di Todi offers a Cooking Experience of 5 days especially for Special Umbria. This amazing place, was recently restored by a young and enthousiastic Danish couple who run a well known Italian restaurant for years in Copenhagen, Danmark. They restored this old structure with enormous care and created a unique combination between Scandinavian design and Italian history.
La Cucina di Todi offers views of 360 degrees, overlooking the rolling hills of the Umbrian countryside around Todi and the Tiber river and its valley. The cooking school is just a 5 minutes walk away from the historical center of Todi.
Program for the cooking course:
You will arrive at the house in Todi during the day. After you have got settled in your room, you will take a tour through Todi and enjoy a coffee in the piazza.
19.00 Aperitivo and general infomation and then you will enjoy a welcome dinner.
After breakfast it's time for your first cookinglesson. You will meet in the kitchen at 11.00, have a quick run through of the kitchen and the recipes.
At 14.00 you should be ready to serve 4-5 delicious courses. After lunch you will have some time to relax and enjoy the city. At 20.00 a light dinner will be served, which you will prepare yourself as well.
Excursion morning. This can be going to a wine producer, looking for mushrooms, truffles etc. All depends on the season of the year. After returning to the house, you will enjoy a light lunch. The rest of the afternoon is at free disposal.
17.30 It's time for your second cooking lesson, where you will prepare a classical italian feast with anti pasti, primi, secondo and dolce.
Free day to relax or see the most beautiful places in Umbria, or visit some local producers or wineries based on the advice of your hosts.
After your breakfast you will visit the lovely city of Orvieto, take a tour of the local market with all the stalls selling homegrown vegetables, honey and other delicacies. There is also time for a visit to the famous Duomo and a coffee at the local bar.
You will have the afternoon free to enjoy the countryside or have a light lunch in a local restaurant.
17.30 you will meet in the kitchen for the last time to cook the farewell dinner. While the dishes are prepared, you will have a small wine tasting of italian wines.
After breakfast it is time for departure.
Different alternatives are possible, also 3-5 day courses and activities based on the season. Please inform for other options.
- Why this is Special
- Such a special place to stay, to enjoy and to improve your cooking!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- EUR 950 each person for the course, including all meals and stay in a double room with ensuite bathroom.
Just B&B, with a minumum of 4 nights: EUR 100 each night for a double room including breakfast.
The total amount needs to be paid 3 weeks before arrival.
- Save or share
- 3 B&B bedrooms, with bathroom
- All the areas in the house are available also for the guests are staying at the Cooking School. All very well furnished and decorated in a light Scandinavian style.
- Other rooms
- Amenities: Satellite tv, Internet access, all in good condition.
- La Cucina di Todi is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- A lovely garden around the house with wonderful views and different terraces. There is a lot of shade underneath the old trees, where you can read a book and drink a glass of wine.
Here you are just outside Todi, on walking distance, near to the well known Bramante church.
- All kind of shopping is possible in Todi.
- Ideal for long walks directly from the cooking school. Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (85 km). A golf course is in Ellera Umbra (28 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Rome Fiumicino (177 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (210 km); nearest E45 Motorway exit is in Todi (6 km) for Rome, Perugia and Florence; the train station of Todi is near and in Todi also car rentals are available.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (90 km), Castiglione del Lago (95 km), Cortona (100 km), Siena (150 km), Florence (190 km), Perugia (55 km), Gubbio (90 km), Orvieto (35 km), Spoleto (83 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (55 km), Deruta (35 km), Assisi (66 km) and of course Rome (155 km).