- Umbria, Orvieto area
- Boho-chic exclusive property with private pool between Orvieto and Città della Pieve.
- Area Map - Route
click here to find it with Google Maps
For more pictures click here
Casa San Lorenzo, located in an exclusive spot of Umbria, between Orvieto and Città della Pieve, is a very cosy farmhouse restored in a clean and fresh style. The works have been finished by Specialumbria in early 2017.
With dominant light colors, the villa is perfect to indulge oneself in the typical slow-lifestyle of country side. Decorated with soft touches and boho-chic refined interior design choices Casa San Lorenzo boasts the comfort and easiness of a fully equipped villa.
This three-storey farmhouse thanks also to artisan-made furniture obtained by old objects, gives a total flawless sense of cosiness and ease. With its total surface of approximately 170 sqm, is perfect for all of those who love feeling at home in a one of a kind villa.
One of the peculiarities of Casa San Lorenzo is its closeness to the road that cuts through the hamlet of San Lorenzo. Even though it is the main road, there is not that much traffic although there can be some noise. Being part of a small hamlet gives also the feeling of being part of a local Italian community with the pros and the cons. The position of Casa San Lorenzo parades anyway a unique openness and dominance onto the valley, characterized by sweet rolling hills typical of Umbria and Monteleone D'Orvieto with its brickstone houses in the distance.
The living room on the ground floor opens onto a uncovered patio garden which boasts a fenced ancient cave. The patio is a perfect spot of the property to enjoy Italian summer evening apertifs. On the backside of the house the terrace, overlooking old olive trees is THE place for eating al fresco.
On the first floor there are 2 spacious bedrooms and a shared bathroom with shower. The top floor is a loft with bedroom and open space bathroom.
The swimming pool, slightly lifted from the ground level of the property is in a very breezy position, and it is equipped with outdoor shower and sunbeds.
Casa San Lorenzo is under exclusive Specialumbria Property Management.
- Why this is Special
- This house feels like a real HOME where one feel immediately at ease. It's the ideal house for home cooking and living the real Italian life.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: Low Season EUR 900; Mid Season EUR 1.750; High Season EUR 2.150.
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018
Low Season: all other months
Weekly cleaning: EUR 125,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Babycot: EUR 50,00 per week
Dog: EUR 50,00 per stay
In off season costs for heating and fire wood based upon consumption.
30% deposit and 70% balance 30 days before arrival.
- Arrival and departure on Saturday. Flexible arrival and departure days in off season.
- Save or share
- First floor: bedroom with twin beds decorated in a very minimal and hassle-free style; bedroom with double bed with window onto the road and thus the valley. Second floor: master loft style bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom, with windows open onto three of the four sides of the villa. This room thanks to an inside stair grants privacy and comfort 360°. All bed linen in pure linen and comfortable mattresses!
- One bathroom fully equipped with shower on the first floor; an ensuite bathroom with shower on the second floor.
- The kitchen, very well equipped, featuring a wisely use of materials such as old wood and marble and boasting a central isle perfect to cook the best Italian meal and to serve aperitifs, opens onto the living room creating a unique sense of wide space. Appliances all brand new by BOSCH.
- The living room is very comfortable and thanks to the opening both onto the kitchen on one side and onto the patio on the other side, create a unique spacious environment perfect during spring and summer.
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done twice a week: intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Internet access, Central heating, Room fans, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- The house is not specifically accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- Private pool (5 x 8 meters), BBQ, uncovered patio garden, outside dining area with table and 8 chairs and sunbeds around the pool.
- Guests will find a welcome basket with local specialities and wine upon arrival in the house. Casa San Lorenzo is also ideal for a long period stay in off season. The woodburning stove will make it even more cosy in the house. For small childeren there is a small playground for kids next to the property.
Beautifully located between Tuscany and Umbria, the guests can enjoy the marvellous scenario offered by both the region. With a dramatic view on the valley and Monteleone D'Orvieto in the distance, Casa San Lorenzo is the perfect location not only to live at full the best the regions have to offer, discovering secluded and unconventional spots as much as wellknown cities, but also to relax in a peaceful corner of country side without the feeling of being isolated.
- Between San Lorenzo and Monteleone there are few bars of which one is a nice modern one, also very good for aperitives. There are 2 good pizzeria's, a restaurant and a basic grocery shop. 2 larger supermarkets can be found in Fabro (8 km away). Here are more shops and also a few good restaurants, of which one at Michelin star level with very modest pricing.
- Casa San Lorenzo has a very strategic position between Umbria and Tuscany and thanks to it, offers the possibility to enjoy both regions' spring and summer leisure activities. Within a maximum reach of 45 minutes drive there are exclusive SPA's such as in Bagno Vignoni and Fonteverde; closest golf course (18 holes) in Perugia (35 km), tennis club at 5 minutes drive; possibility of kite surfing on the shores of Lake Trasimeno at 30 minutes drive.
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (55 km), Rome Fiumicino (180 km) and Ciampino (160 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (150 km); nearest A1 Motorway exit is at Fabro (8 km) for Rome and Florence. The international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals. The train station is ideal for doing day trips to Rome and Florence.
- Within a maximum reach of 30 minutes drive there are several attractive towns of Umbria and Tuscany such as: Monteleone D'Orvieto (3 km), Città della Pieve, San Casciano dei Bagni in the province of Siena (20 km); Orvieto (25 km); Perugia centre (45 km), Val D'Orcia (Pienza, Montalcino) (55 km); Lake Trasimeno (30 km).