- Umbria, Assisi-Spello area
- Bo-ho chic country house with wonderful pool, overlooking Assisi and Spello, Umbria, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to view with Google Maps.
For more pictures click here.
When entering the gate of La Bohème one feel immediately at home. The owners Roberta and Massimo restored this traditional farm in a very personal way and their passion for their home you will see in every detail. In Umbria this is an unique style, you will hardly find elsewhere. Light color resin floors, rougly plastered walls and pure linen. In a way it feels more South Italian, even a little bit Moroccan with the main focus on outside living. Unwinding, relaxing and enjoying the real Italian life is where its all about here. Roberta and Massimo love to spoil their guests, which you will discover immediately at arrival.
La Bohème enjoys a panoramic view over Spello and Assisi and is situated in the green Umbrian countryside, surrounded by fields growing organic crops. The house is the ideal holiday villa for 6-7 guests.
A superbly peaceful location, where you can enjoy a quiet, relaxed atmosphere but at the same time you will find yourself only a few miles away from the famous Umbrian towns of Assisi, Spello, Montefalco, Bevagna and Perugia. Also the wonderful (shopping!) town of Foligno is 20 minutes away. The central position of this location is absolutely perfect for day tours.
- Why this is Special
- Staying in the fields just below Assisi, overlooking this amazing historical town, in such a dreamy house, is just the perfect experience!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 3.500; Mid Season EUR 3.000; Low season EUR 2.500
High Season: 23 June - 8 September 2018
Mid Season: 26 May - 23 June & 8 September - 29 September 2018 and Christmas
Low Season: all other months
Daily garden and pool maintenance, mid week cleaning with towel change and and extensive cleaning after a week stay included in the rental price.
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid to SU before arrival as specified in the booking confirmation.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival.
- Saturdays arrival as of 4 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days upon request.
- Save or share
- Master: spacious suite, air conditioned, with a beautiful view on Assisi. Lovely bathroom with an extra large mosaic decorated bath tub. Large walk-in closet. Sat TV. King size bed (170 x 220 cm) with pure linen bed linen. Studio (part of the Master): a libary room with day bed that can be turned in an extra quality bed. Here you will find a selection of Umbrian guide books and volumes about the surrounding places of interest. Second bedroom: sunny air conditioned room with a view on Spello, bathroom en suite and walk-in closet with an elegant corner where you can take all time to relax, SAT TV, King size bed (170 x 220 cm) with pure linen bed linen. Third bedroom: Ground floor bedroom with 2 single beds with batroom and access to the patio. SAT TV, and pure linen bed linen. There is a safe in every bedroom and a 'steamer' in the Master walk-in closet.
- Three en-suite comfortable bathrooms, of which one with bath tub. In every bathroom toiletries will be available for guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen where you can prepare and enjoy your meals in the best possible way.
- Large, comfortable, room, which was the fomer stable once, with thick stone walls protecting from the heath. Sitting area and dinng table. This room opens directly to the veranda.
- Other rooms
- There is a little space underneath the stairs in the kitchen where the owners promote some quality wines from local wineries. Here they promote also tastings and other activities in the area.
- Cleaning will be done twice a week: intensive cleaning with linen change on Saturday and a mid week cleaning during the week, including towel change. More cleaning upon request against extra charge.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge, Fridge with freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Internet access, Central heating, Air conditioning, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility, although there is a bedroom on the ground floor.
- The outside spaces feel like a real Summer outside living area. The courtyard is cosy with a porch where underneath a large dining table for 12 guests will be the the perfect place for lunches and dinners. There is a lounge area overlooking the pool and there is another small table setting underneath an iron porch overgrown with green. The perfectly working wood-fired oven is unique and should be used! The magnificent 4 x 16 meters swimming pool (1,40cm deep) is postioned in the middle of the lawn next to the house is ideal for doing your lanes and has a view on Assisi. Doing your yoga exercises here in the morning is just perfect. What else can you wish for. There is also a professional basket ball corner. Near the pool is a small vegetable garden for use of the guests: Tomatoes, Zucchini, Eggplant etc, including kitchen herbs.
- Being in the flatland just outside Spello and Assisi biking and running can be done perfectly. There are many small local roads, with hardly any traffic, which makes this ideal to do outdoor sports. The owners live next to the villa in a separate building with private access and no views on the villa. Your privacy will be guaranteed. WIFI internet connection inside and outside the house.
Spello and Assisi are very nearby. Assisi is famous for the place where Saint Francis was born and is an important historical town. The basilica can't be missed. Spello is a lovely town with some nice restaurant and very nice atmosphere. Perugia, the regional capital is a 20 minutes drive and also Foligno, which is great for shopping, is max. 10 minutes away from the villa. Foligno is full of small bars, restaurants and smaller shops, mostly well-known brands. Creative atmosphere and ideal for a day out, especially for young people.
In 20 minutes you will arrive in the Montefalco area, the wine region of Umbria. Vineyards everywhere around you and in every winery you can taste the Sagrantino wines. Montefalco is very well kept with some very good restaurants and nice shops and also the medieval Bevagna is a real postcard.
- Supermarket, shops and restaurants on only 5 km from the villa. Organic farmer markets nearby, including Fresh truffles. There are a lot of local shops in the area. In the house all information is provided.
- 18 holes Golf course in Perugia at Golf Club Perugia. The adriatic coast is around 110 km away.
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (22 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino International Airport and Florence International Airport (196 km); nearest SS75 Motorway exit is Spello (1km). The train station of Foligno is near and in Foligno are also car rentals available.
- The most important cities in Umbria with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: Spello (5km), Assisi (11km), Bevagna (11km), Montefalco (18km), Spoleto (39km), Perugia (30km), Trasimeno Lake (55km), Todi (66km), Orvieto (95km), Cortona (77km), Siena (136km), Firenze (170km), Roma (150km), Seaside (Adriatic sea) (110km).