- Umbria, Orvieto area
- Country house near Montegabbione, Terni, Italy
- Area Map - Route
For more pictures, click here.
Exclusive Group location.
Charming and completely restored 17th century farmhouse transformed into a modern contemporary country house, ideal for a large family or group (max. 16 guests), near to the A1 Rome-Florence, exit Fabro, in the Umbrian hills not far away from towns like Todi, Orvieto and Perugia.
Podere Agapanto consists of two sympathetically restored stone buildings, both welcoming and comfortable. Guest accommodation consists of bright and spacious rooms, each with independent access and its own private bathroom. There is a wonderful pool with 180 degree views across the valley, making this the perfect setting for a relaxing holiday in the Umbrian countryside.
- Why this is Special
- This is how an Umbrian holiday should be: beautifully positioned in the Umbrian hills, good food, lovely pool and nicely decorated spacious rooms!
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season EUR 5300; Low Season EUR 3600
High Season: 15 June - 15 September 2017
Low Season: 1 - 15 June 2017 & 15 September - 31 October 2017
During low season a reduction is available for small groups (max 10 people) : EUR 2,800 per week
Rate include utilities (except heating), final cleaning, bath towels and bed linen, beach towels are provided upon request.
Cooking classes and chef rental available
Baby cot: EUR 40,00 p.w.
Dog: EUR 50,00 p.w.
Extra firewood per 10 KG: EUR 3,00
30% downpayment and 70% balance is due to pay 30 working days before arrival.
- Arrival as of 4 PM until 8 PM, departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departures days on request.
- Save or share
- Podere Agapanto has 9 guest bedrooms in total. The bedrooms are spacious and bright and tastefully furnished: simple but not compromising on attention to detail. Each bedroom has its own large bathroom with a window.
- All bedrooms have their own bathroom. Modern fittings, light and spacious.
- Full professional, very well equiped kitchen with all modern appliances.
- Spacious living room / dining room in the main building with nice modern style fireplace. On the upper floor of the apartment building, there is a relaxing room, which also doubles up as a meeting place for a game of cards or "Risk".
- Other rooms
- Cleaning will be done once a week, more cleaning upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition.
- The house is not specifically suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Lovely garden with old trees and olives, part of the surrounding nature. Very beautiful views and an amazing pool positioned in front of the house, overlooking the valley.
The Farmhouse is close to the main communication lines and almost equidistant of Rome (150 km) and Florence (140 km). It is an ideal base for exploring the historical treasures of Umbria and Tuscany, especially the countryside of the historical towns of Orvieto, Todi, Spoleto, Perugia and Siena.
- Montegabbione (3 km) hosts a couple of shops, restaurants, bar and gas station where Fabro (5 km) has supermarkets, restaurants, shops and bars. Larger shops and supermarkets can be found in Chiusi (30 km) or Orvieto (44 km).
- The estate is an ideal operating base for those who are fond of trekking, archery, mountain bike. Tennis can be done in Monteleone d'Orvieto (10 km) and horseback riding in Montegabbione (5 km). Beach and water sport facilities at the nearby Lake Trasimeno (45 km). Golf courses are near Panicarola (33 km) at Golf Course Lamborghini (9 holes) and in Ellera Umbra (42 km) at Golf Club Perugia (18 holes).
Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates.
Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (63 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (168 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (17 km) for Rome and Florence; nearest train station in Fabro (16 km) and international train station of Chiusi (30 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (56 km), Castiglione del Lago (46 km), Cortona (84 km), Siena (115 km), Florence (153 km), Perugia (49 km), Gubbio (98 km), Todi (51 km), Orvieto (48 km), Spoleto (139 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (63 km), Deruta (43 km), Assisi (74 km) and of course Rome (168 km).