- Umbria, Lake Trasimeno area
- Perfectly restored light modern Umbrian Country House in Citta della Pieve, Perugia, Italy
- Area Map - Route
Click here to find with Google Maps
For more pictures click here
Pociarello Vecchio ￼is a historic farmhouse for max 10 guests that was fully restored late 90s respecting many authentic details. The ruin was manually restored by artisan craftsmen using old building materials. Antique terracotta floors, fireplace and wooden beams are only a few examples of the present typical Italian elements. The interior can be described as classic, but with nice light modern elements and has a nice plain atmosphere.
Pociarello Vecchio has spectacular views due to its perfect situation on a gentle hill side surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. There is a wonderful infinity pool with a lovely garden around. It is a fantastic location with plenty of privacy but still very close to the towns of Citta della Pieve and Piegaro. Perugia is just 35 km away. Because of its ideal location on the border of Umbria and Tuscany, exactly halfway Rome and Florence, one can make perfect day trips to one of these cities or any other interesting destination nearby (Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino and Siena or Arezzo, Perugia and Assisi).
- Why this is Special
- The postion of this house is absolutely unique. Wonderful garden, pool, terraces and view in complete privacy. Inside the house is traditional, but with some light modern elements. This is a real family home.
- HOW TO BOOK
- If you would like to book or inquire about this property, please push the 'how to book' button on the left. You will be directed to our rentals contact form.
- Per week: High Season up to and including 6 guests: EUR 3.250, above 6 guests: EUR 3.950; Mid Season up to and including 6 guests EUR 2.650, above 6 guests EUR 3.350; All other weeks up to and including 6 guests EUR 2.200, above 6 guests EUR 2.900. Special prices for long term rent in off season.
High Season: 11 June 2016 - 27 August 2016
Mid Season: 28 May - 11 June 2016
Weekly cleaning: EUR 175,00
Security deposit: EUR 500,00 to be paid in cash upon arrival.
Deposit: 30% upon booking, balance 30 working days before arrival;
- Saturdays (depending on other bookings) arrival as of 4 PM and departure latest 10 AM. Other arrival and departure days and times upon request.
- Save or share
- All 4 bedrooms are at first floor level. A very spacious Master bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom; a second bedroom with double bed and third bedroom with double bed share a separate bathroom. The fourth bedroom is in the guesthouse (part of the mainbuilding) and can be accessed from both the mainhouse (via a lockable door) as well as from the guesthouse ground floor level. In the living area of the guesthouse, on the ground floor there is a sofa bed which can be used as well.
- In total there are three bathrooms and one toilet: 1 en-suite bathroom and 1 bathroom for 2 bedrooms in the main house at first floor level and 1 bathroom in the guesthouse at ground floor level. In the main house is a separate toilet on ground floor level near the kitchen.
- Both the mainhouse and the guesthouse each have at ground floor level a nice well equipped open kitchen with modern appliances made in local country style.
- In the mainhouse is a large open space living room with dining area and sitting area with comfortable white sofas in front of the antique fireplace. The guesthouse has a small living area with separate access to the private garden.
- Other rooms
- Behind the kitchen in the mainhouse is the laundy/storage room. Near the pool is also an annex with a toilet (for pool guests), storage, barn space and a basement with technical area.
- Weekly fresh bed linen and towels included. Permanent maintenance of the house, garden and pool in all aspects during your stay. The cleaning lady will clean the house twice a week; more often upon request.
- Amenities: Hob/Stove, Oven, Fridge with freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Iron+board, Satellite tv, Television, Telephone, Internet access, Central heating, Cot, High chair, Barbeque, Private pool, all in good condition. Pets accepted.
- Not specificly suitable for less mobile persons, although the separate guesthous on ground floor level could be used for this reason (folding bed).
- Pocciarello Vecchio features 3 acres of land, including a stunning Italian garden, a qualitative vineyard, a mature olive grove, fruit trees and a private forest. In the garden is a beautiful infinity pool. The half round pool is partially 1.20 meters and 2.20 meters deep. The surrounding terraces with sun beds and outdoor shower make this pool complete. Directly around the house are several other terraces of which one is covered and equipped with a an old wood-fired pizza oven.
The Lake Trasimeno is 25 km away. Nearest village is Piegaro (2 km) and other important towns are Città della Pieve (7 km), Paciano (18 km) and Panicale (13 km).
- Piegaro is a sleepy medieval town with some shops (butcher, bakery, small grocery), bars, pharmacy, bank and church. Better equipped shops you can find in Citta della Pieve, which is 7 km or Tavernelle di Panicale (9 km) on the way to Perugia. In Piegaro and around one can find some local restaurants; a broader offer with also some fine restaurants is found in Città della Pieve. This is a really nice, typical Italian town with nice terraces to have your espresso or aperitif and veru good bars, restaurants and nice local shops.
Umbria offers a wide range of activities. Click on the following categories for some suggestions including direct links to relevant websites with all necessary details:
- Upon request against separate charge special activities may be organised by SpecialUmbria. One can think of guided tours to natural parks or guided cultural visits to art cities. Please check with us directly for availability and rates. Also, private cooking lessons or a private cook at home for a customised lunch, buffet, dinner or BBQ can be arranged. For this SpecialUmbria has an exclusive partnership with a young Italian chef.
- Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia (45 km), Rome Fiumicino (190 km) and Ciampino (175 km) International Airports and Florence International Airport (165 km); nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro (20 km) for Rome and exit Chiusi (25 km) for Florence; international train station of Chiusi (22 km) also hosts car rentals.
- The most important cities in Umbria and Tuscany with all facilities for shopping, culture and art are within reach: (wine in) Montepulciano (45 km), Castiglione del Lago (26 km), Cortona (45 km), Siena (105 km), Florence (145 km), Perugia (35 km), Gubbio (80 km), Todi (60 km), Orvieto (50 km), Spoleto (95 km), Montefalco / Bevagna (85 km), Deruta (50 km), Assisi (55 km) and of course Rome (170 km).